My Very First 'black Day' Thread

shedfish

HOLA441
HOLA442

there you go, i've said it

Monday 26th October 2009 = SCHWARTZ MONTAG

bring it!

it'll probably be Schwantz Montag.... i may not log in at all monday :lol:

Lovely... I've not seen one of these for a little while; now I've something to look forward to over the weekend. BTW on what evidence do you base your prophecy?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I hope not. The Postal strike has delayed delivery of my "bank the recent rises and stick it in a fixed interest fund" pension transfer form. Six months ago, the last 5 or 10yrs might as well have not happened. I hope it all holds up for another week or two.

HOLA446
Guest KingCharles1st

bring it!

Yep I have to agree- today was the first bloody day for months and months I didn't hear one peep out of our illustrious leader.

I think a good "Bunker video" with Brown and Mandy going nuts over a spin disaster would be in order.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Lovely... I've not seen one of these for a little while; now I've something to look forward to over the weekend. BTW on what evidence do you base your prophecy?

glad to be the brief entertainment / figure of ridicule in advance :)

i base my prediction on nothing more than gut feeling. subsequently i've observed that Dow Transports have dislocated somewhat, and that some guy on Bloomberg reckons the S&P is a perfect rising wedge that has gazunder'd ye pointy bit, but none of this matters a hill o' higgs bosuns (bosa?) anymore, imho

as chris-ct says, <perfect sense></perfect sense>.... but these are not rational times

never heard of the webbot predictor. i imagine it to have Dick Bove's head on a kind of mechanical hamster wheel with shoes

HOLA4410

bring it!

I think this is the first "Black Day" thread I have responded to since I have been on HPC.

What happened yesterday made it very clear that things are not at all well. I'm now wondering whether Merv's recent comments on stopping QE were part of the perpetual juggle to keep the pound/markets on an even keel. Anyhow, whether it is Monday or not, I suspect that there may be a turn for the worse very soon. It all depends on whether the US figures for Q3 also look bad too. I think they are due out next week, but not 100% sure?

HOLA4411

I think this is the first "Black Day" thread I have responded to since I have been on HPC.

What happened yesterday made it very clear that things are not at all well. I'm now wondering whether Merv's recent comments on stopping QE were part of the perpetual juggle to keep the pound/markets on an even keel. Anyhow, whether it is Monday or not, I suspect that there may be a turn for the worse very soon. It all depends on whether the US figures for Q3 also look bad too. I think they are due out next week, but not 100% sure?

Next week is looking grim, I agree.

The markets had assumed up to now that bad news will always lead to more QE - hence there was a very limited downside and a one-way bet. ie, things look good, so markets so up; things look bad, and we'll print/devalue the currency so markets "go up".

However I think some are starting to twig that we can get bad economic news AND no more printing. Oil has hit a level where inflation will block deflation being used as a somewhat credible excuse to print up. The markets will know what inflation figures are round the corner due to the vagaries of the CPI/RPI index and will want to get out before everyone else.

The pseudo crack-up boom we've seen the start of will unwind in catastrophic fashion this week. 10% off markets. in UK and US by Friday.

The events of 80 years ago are irrelevant, but the media will love the coincidence.

HOLA4412

Next week is looking grim, I agree.

The markets had assumed up to now that bad news will always lead to more QE - hence there was a very limited downside and a one-way bet. ie, things look good, so markets so up; things look bad, and we'll print/devalue the currency so markets "go up".

However I think some are starting to twig that we can get bad economic news AND no more printing. Oil has hit a level where inflation will block deflation being used as a somewhat credible excuse to print up. The markets will know what inflation figures are round the corner due to the vagaries of the CPI/RPI index and will want to get out before everyone else.

The pseudo crack-up boom we've seen the start of will unwind in catastrophic fashion this week. 10% off markets. in UK and US by Friday.

The events of 80 years ago are irrelevant, but the media will love the coincidence.

:(

Not long to wait now.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

if worse than expected, printy printy, Dow shoots up

we can't lose

I think this week we might see some new irrational and deluded fears that printing won't go on forever. However I suspect this sad, unpatriotic lack of belief in the authorities' commitment to devaluation will be crushed within a few days.

Edited by _w_

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

okay, there are plenty of hours left in the day here and the US.. but it does look like the HPC tradition might be preserved, and the 'black day' thread contrarian indicator preserved :lol:

just off to Matalan to see if they sell hair shirts

HOLA4420

okay, there are plenty of hours left in the day here and the US.. but it does look like the HPC tradition might be preserved, and the 'black day' thread contrarian indicator preserved :lol:

just off to Matalan to see if they sell hair shirts

The sell off started 4 weeks ago.

It's just that the markets don't realise it yet. ;)

HOLA4421

bring it!

Asian markets close higher.

European markets up 0.5%-1%

Dow back up over 10k in morning trading.

Good call :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

i dunno, i just popped to Ikea... did the Ikea Dance (fill the bag with tealights, bog brush, kitchen utensils and bricabrac, get a bite at the food hall, lose interest in the trolley dance at the checkout and leave the bag in a corner, knowing that it contained nothing essential)

Asian markets close higher.

European markets up 0.5%-1%

Dow back up over 10k in morning trading.

Good call :lol::lol::lol:

it wasn't bad, was it :lol:

HOLA4425