House Price Crash Forum

The United Kingdom Of Great Britain

US Citizen

HOLA441

It is said that Countries do not really exist, they are in fact lines drawn on a map by powerful men.

It appears there is gathering support (viewed on the Parliment Channel), for a redrawing of the United Kingdom.

The current UK, consists of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

England & Wales

Scotland

& Northern Ireland.

However the new Politically correct United Kingdom of Great Britain.

It will consist of the following with the proposed new names within the new UK:

Wales (As a country of its own and not joined with England) (Principality of Wales) (Prince of Wales)

Scotland (As it is now, a country of its own) (Scotland, Highlands & Western Isles) (HM Queen)

Northern Ireland as a country of its own (Ulster) (HM Queen)

Isle of Man to negotiate to join the UK as a country of its own. (Isle of Man / Lord of Mann (HM Queen)

Channel Islands to join the UK as a country of its own. (Channel Isles / Duke of Normandy (HM Queen)

England will become a federation of palatines & Metropolitan Boroughs the other parts of the .

County Palatine of Lancashire (Duke of Lancaster (HM Queen)

Duchy of Cornwall (Duke of Cornwall / Prince of Wales)

Duchy of Yorkshire (Plans to merge all the parts of Yorkshire back together again.) (Duke of York)

County Palatine of Cheshire (Earl of Cheshire /Prince of Wales)

Metropolitan borough of :

London

Birmingham

Greater Manchester

All other parts will simply be borough of England.

Its all meant to make us feel more British in a Politically Correct Way.

In addition to this each Country or Palatine, will not have any voting rights in any other Country or Palatine, wehich ends the fiasco we have where Scottish MPs can vote at Westminster but English MPs cannot vote at Holyrood.

The road to devolution has been deemed an outright success, so they throught they take another step.

I kind of like the term, The United Kingdom of Great Britain.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

This is the whole point and purpose of the European superstate; encourage regional representation in Brussels outside the bounds of member nations, so that member governments can be weakened and more power can be placed in Brussels.

Czech Republic/Slovakia, the old Yugoslavia, the UK (Wales and Scotland have offices in Brussels), etc, etc. There has been talk of Italy fragmenting and tensions have developed in Belgium.

HOLA445
There is no possibility of the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands voting to join the UK (and by implication the EU).

Well thats for the Queen to decide. They would retain their precious parliments such as Tynwald but they would none the less be part of the UK, once and for all. Its for the Queens to decide anyhow and she seems akin to the idea of settling these disputes in her reign.

HOLA446
This is the whole point and purpose of the European superstate; encourage regional representation in Brussels outside the bounds of member nations, so that member governments can be weakened and more power can be placed in Brussels.

Czech Republic/Slovakia, the old Yugoslavia, the UK (Wales and Scotland have offices in Brussels), etc, etc. There has been talk of Italy fragmenting and tensions have developed in Belgium.

I have no objection to a European or even a World superstate. I do have an objection to council house dwellers having the right to vote for Labour who give them my money so they can drink cider all day and offend me with their grubby children.

HOLA447

I don't think so Mandy.

Hands up all the German tenant supporters.

Right, you lot, back to Scotland; to be welcomed by a Caribbean ex-'Baroness'.

Ireland finally ceases to be occupied.

Messy, but the toxins have come out sometime.

Next:-

More land reforms closer to home

HOLA448
lol - I thought the Scots came from Ireland in the first place?

EDIT: What do you know...from wiki...

The Venerable Bede (c. 672 or 673 – 27 May, 735) uses the word Scottorum for the nation from Ireland who settled part of the Pictish lands:

Yes that is spelt 'Scottorum'.

haha... i know everyone is already thinking it, but im going to go right ahead and say it anyway:

That sounds like SCROTUM! Whadyaknow

HOLA449
It is said that Countries do not really exist, they are in fact lines drawn on a map by powerful men.

It appears there is gathering support (viewed on the Parliment Channel), for a redrawing of the United Kingdom.

The current UK, consists of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

England & Wales

Scotland

& Northern Ireland.

Wales (As a country of its own and not joined with England) (Principality of Wales) (Prince of Wales)

Scotland (As it is now, a country of its own) (Scotland, Highlands & Western Isles) (HM Queen)

Isle of Man to negotiate to join the UK as a country of its own. (Isle of Man / Lord of Mann (HM Queen)

Channel Islands to join the UK as a country of its own. (Channel Isles / Duke of Normandy (HM Queen)

England will become a federation of palatines & Metropolitan Boroughs the other parts of the .

Duchy of Yorkshire (Plans to merge all the parts of Yorkshire back together again.) (Duke of York)

London

Birmingham

Greater Manchester

In addition to this each Country or Palatine, will not have any voting rights in any other Country or Palatine, wehich ends the fiasco we have where Scottish MPs can vote at Westminster but English MPs cannot vote at Holyrood.

The road to devolution has been deemed an outright success, so they throught they take another step.

Nice well researched piece there :lol::lol::lol:

It would be useful to quote some references for those who want to do further reading. :lol::lol:

Edited by blankster

HOLA4410

Does it really matter what this country is called ?

I hope I see a United States of Europe in my lifetime personally, Or even better The European State Of Soviet Republics which will include everybody...

Edited by FortuneFTB

HOLA4411

United States of Europe? World superstate?!

How about the rest of the world stays out of our business and we stay out of theirs?!

If any part of the UK wants independence, good on them. What right has the UK to tell the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands what to do? They want to stay the hell out and I don't blame them. Why would they join an unrepresentative state, trying to give what little representation that is left to the EU?

Democracy needs to be moved away from central government and towards smaller regions, not the other way around. Let the people decide what they call their country and how it should be run.

P.S. I'm an Englishman living in Northern Ireland, having spent several years living in Scotland, before I'm accused of any bias.

P.P.S. Unless this post is a joke... it could well be, considering the opinions aired. :blink:

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4412
lol - I thought the Scots came from Ireland in the first place?

Weren't the Picts the earliest indigenous inhabitants of these islands, and they were conquered by the Celts (Gaels and Britons) who invaded from Europe, who in turn were conquered by the Romans amd later the Saxons, Angles, Vikings, Frisians and Danes, who were themselves conquered by the Normans?

Many Northern Ireland protestants, including some of my ancestors, were of Scottish ancestry, 'planted' in Ulster after the highland clearances a few centuries ago.

United States of Europe? World superstate?!
I've always supported the EU even if it has done a few barmy things. But even I wouldn't want a 'United States of Europe' - that's going too far. It was originally Winston Churchill who proposed the United States of Europe in a speech made at the end of the Second World War .... not a lot of people know that!!! Edited by blankster

HOLA4413

England & Wales

Scotland

& Northern Ireland.

London

Birmingham

Greater Manchester

Don't believe you.

HOLA4414
It was originally Winston Churchill who proposed the United States of Europe in a speech made at the end of the Second World War .... not a lot of people know that!!!

Not with Britain as part of it though.

'Later life of Winston Churchill':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Later_life_of_Winston_Churchill

Winston Churchill was an early supporter of the pan-Europeanism.[4] In his speech at the University of Zurich in 1946, Winston Churchill called for a "United States of Europe" and the creation of a "Council of Europe".[5] He also participated in the Hague Congress of 1948, which discussed the future structure and role of this Council of Europe.[6] The Council of Europe was finally founded as the first European institution through the Treaty of London of 5 May 1949 and has its seat in Strasbourg.

However, this is often seen as his supporting Britain's membership in a united Europe, which is far from the truth. Rather, he saw pan-Europeanism as a Franco-German project which would foster cooperation amongst European countries and the rest of the world and prevent war on the European continent. This can be seen in Churchill’s landmark refusal to join the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) in 1951 as well as his often quoted speech in which he said of Britain's role with Europe:

We have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked but not combined. We are interested and associated but not absorbed.[7]

HOLA4415
I have no objection to a European or even a World superstate. I do have an objection to council house dwellers having the right to vote for Labour who give them my money so they can drink cider all day and offend me with their grubby children.

So....you admit to hanging around council estates, waiting for parents to become intoxicated on alcohol which you claim to have paid for, you then confess to 'offending' with innocent children.....doubtless using vile, filthy and ungodly methods.

I find you guilty of paedofilia!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I've always supported the EU even if it has done a few barmy things. But even I wouldn't want a 'United States of Europe' - that's going too far. It was originally Winston Churchill who proposed the United States of Europe in a speech made at the end of the Second World War .... not a lot of people know that!!!

I didn't used to see the harm in it, but what I have learnt over the last few years has turned me strongly against it.

I am all for free trade (ie. the free movement of goods, services, persons and capital), but it is getting close to a federal state, making all the rules for us (many not in our interest). I'd rather we joined EFTA, got access to the free market and dumped the rest of the crap that the EU brings.

EDIT: sp

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

England & Wales

Scotland

& Northern Ireland.

London

Birmingham

Greater Manchester

you seem to have annexed three counties of Ireland.