House Price Crash Forum

Britian Is In The Grip Of Terror Mania

Gone baby gone

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8259565.stm

Another step closer to thought crime... Two lads with over active imaginations; Apart from their fantasies written in a journal there was not a shred of evidence.

Just from watching TV detective shows you can pick up "means, motive and opportunity". This case failed at step one, as they didn't have the means to carry out their fantasy.

The fastest dismissal by a jury for years and hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted. What were [a] the police and the CPS thinking?

HOLA442

Another step closer to thought crime... Two lads with over active imaginations; Apart from their fantasies written in a journal there was not a shred of evidence.

Just from watching TV detective shows you can pick up "means, motive and opportunity". This case failed at step one, as they didn't have the means to carry out their fantasy.

The fastest dismissal by a jury for years and hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted. What were [a] the police and the CPS thinking?

I notice that both boys have spent 6 months in jail, which is more than you get for carrying out a real crime. :angry:

HOLA443
HOLA444
I notice that both boys have spent 6 months in jail, which is more than you get for carrying out a real crime. :angry:

It does stretch the boundaries of credibility to detain two boys in jail on remand when there is NO evidence apart from some teenage ramblings.

No access to firearms, no access to explosives, no attempt to obtain either, no previous convictions. What where the authorities thinking of?

HOLA445
Speaking after his son's acquittal, Ray McKnight - a serving GMP officer - said he never doubted his son was innocent.

He said: "It's been purgatory, absolute agony. Neither have been in trouble with the police before and have been in jail for the last six months."

???

HOLA446
why?

cheap/tax paid holiday

Possibly, also maybe 'over-thinking' the evidence. When you operate in a climate of 'terror' with paranoia about Muslims hiding under every bed just waiting to wreak havoc on the world, you start to see hidden depths that don't really exist in shallow evidence.

At the very worst these two should have been cautioned, but I don't even think it that is a suitable way to deal with it. As their own QC said, a slap on the wrist was all that was really needed.

What would happen if someone made a Quake level that resembled the layout of their workplace, or school - would that be enough to secure 6 months on remand and a crown court prosecution?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
I am currently thinking up a plot to assassinate Gordon Brown & Peter Mandelson at the annual conference in Brighton.

Apparently according to my father (ex police) just to discuss something like this is conspiracy to commit murder. You dont actually have to do anything to be guilty of conspiracy.

HOLA4411
Apparently according to my father (ex police) just to discuss something like this is conspiracy to commit murder. You dont actually have to do anything to be guilty of conspiracy.

So what is the best way to kill Gordon Brown?

Sniper rifle seems too american.

The red hot poker is far more suitable for Mandelson.

Gunpowder has a poor record.

Guillotine is very efficient but a bit French.

You could always stick his head on a pike on London bridge.

Or perhaps something a bit more in theme, drop a gold bar on his head from a great height?

I'll just go consult the anarchist's cookbook, see if that has any advice on topping despotic cyclops.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I have also just posted something about firearms in the main section. Can anyone direct me to a map of Brighton?

HOLA4414

It's was political correctness really - a desire to prove that not just dusky blokes with beards and turbans are mad terrorists but even ordinary teenage boys are trying to kill us too.

I hope no one's jokingly declared they were going to go postal at the NuLab cabinent meeting recently. I mean, we've all thought about it, haven't we?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

It doesn't surprise me. GB is practically a nation of retards now.

Wasn't there a spastic (no offense to real spastics) on here who wasted police time by saying a man who shoves umbrellas up his ar4e for fun was going to machine gun HPCers in a pub?

Look how people react to the Flu.

HOLA4418
It doesn't surprise me. GB is practically a nation of retards now.

Wasn't there a spastic (no offense to real spastics) on here who wasted police time by saying a man who shoves umbrellas up his ar4e for fun was going to machine gun HPCers in a pub?

Look how people react to the Flu.

does he open the umbrella?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Er, they had school floor plans, fatigues, gas masks and had made explosives.

Now, whilst I agree that that is simply not enough to convict anyone of anything, it recently put three asian guys behind bars for 30 years each.

As a blue-eyed, blonde caucasian, even I can see that this will appear as one rule for whites, one rule for asians / muslims. My prediction is this verdict will send a clear message to asian muslims : ordinary British citizens (ie jury members) view you as criminals and murderers by vitue of your religion and skin tone. If that isn't a declaration of hostilities, I don't know what is.

I'm also reminded of the fuss being made of the liquid bombs the asian guys planned to use. How many more times must my eyes be bored by that fuselage exploding? And yet, not once have we seen a demonstration of what the recent Irish republican dissident bomb, all 600lbs of it, would look like. Why? Well, frankly nobody could find anywhere safe to demonstrate the thing - it would after all flatten a small town.

As if this were not enough hypocrisy, I am reminded of the fuss the American's made over Lockerbie. They didn't seem to worry about IRA terrorism. Although it has to be said the Libyans did compensate them for victims killed by IRA attrocities perpetrated with Libyan munitions. Then again, when you pay for IRA terrorism like the Americans did, I suppose you can expect a refund when somebody blows you up!

As to the paedo issue, how amused was I when even Esther Rantzen objected to screening all parent sthat come into contact with groups of children. Maybe I'm wrong here, but when I last looked at the stats, relatives and parents were much more likely to fiddle with their kids and other people's kids than total strangers. That makes screening them more important than screening "strangers". Perhaps I'm wrong and being abused by a relative is not considered as bad (I seem to be so out of touch with the modern world - I thought QE was a stupid idea, so who knows). On the other hand, what could be worse than have people in your circle of trust abuse that trust? What could be worse than having your own mother tell you you are a filthy little liar who must stop telling disgustin tales about your father?

And then what good does all this screening do anyhow? Huntly was on a database and still nobody joined the dots. What of those who have managed to eveade the law or first time abusers? Of course there is only one way to keep pados away from your kids: look after them yourself and stop expecting the state to do all the tough stuff for you. Sounds like common sense to me. The government could come to me for advice any tim ethey like. I've never been abused, never abused and never had a kid of mine abused. In the past they'd call me an expert in avoiding abuse. Nowadays they give Sarah Payne 's mother the job. If you ever wondered where Gordo / the bankers / Bush got the idea that those who f**ked up are in the best position to give us advice about getting us unf**ked, that might be a place to start.

Okay, that's enough ranting for five minutes.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Er, they had school floor plans, fatigues, gas masks and had made explosives.

Now, whilst I agree that that is simply not enough to convict anyone of anything, it recently put three asian guys behind bars for 30 years each.

As a blue-eyed, blonde caucasian, even I can see that this will appear as one rule for whites, one rule for asians / muslims. My prediction is this verdict will send a clear message to asian muslims : ordinary British citizens (ie jury members) view you as criminals and murderers by vitue of your religion and skin tone. If that isn't a declaration of hostilities, I don't know what is.

I'm also reminded of the fuss being made of the liquid bombs the asian guys planned to use. How many more times must my eyes be bored by that fuselage exploding? And yet, not once have we seen a demonstration of what the recent Irish republican dissident bomb, all 600lbs of it, would look like. Why? Well, frankly nobody could find anywhere safe to demonstrate the thing - it would after all flatten a small town.

As if this were not enough hypocrisy, I am reminded of the fuss the American's made over Lockerbie. They didn't seem to worry about IRA terrorism. Although it has to be said the Libyans did compensate them for victims killed by IRA attrocities perpetrated with Libyan munitions. Then again, when you pay for IRA terrorism like the Americans did, I suppose you can expect a refund when somebody blows you up!

As to the paedo issue, how amused was I when even Esther Rantzen objected to screening all parent sthat come into contact with groups of children. Maybe I'm wrong here, but when I last looked at the stats, relatives and parents were much more likely to fiddle with their kids and other people's kids than total strangers. That makes screening them more important than screening "strangers". Perhaps I'm wrong and being abused by a relative is not considered as bad (I seem to be so out of touch with the modern world - I thought QE was a stupid idea, so who knows). On the other hand, what could be worse than have people in your circle of trust abuse that trust? What could be worse than having your own mother tell you you are a filthy little liar who must stop telling disgustin tales about your father?

And then what good does all this screening do anyhow? Huntly was on a database and still nobody joined the dots. What of those who have managed to eveade the law or first time abusers? Of course there is only one way to keep pados away from your kids: look after them yourself and stop expecting the state to do all the tough stuff for you. Sounds like common sense to me. The government could come to me for advice any tim ethey like. I've never been abused, never abused and never had a kid of mine abused. In the past they'd call me an expert in avoiding abuse. Nowadays they give Sarah Payne 's mother the job. If you ever wondered where Gordo / the bankers / Bush got the idea that those who f**ked up are in the best position to give us advice about getting us unf**ked, that might be a place to start.

I enjoyed that, well said.

HOLA4423
Er, they had school floor plans,

At least one of them attended the school in question. When I went to school, I was given a floor plan so I could find my way to classrooms.

fatigues, gas masks

So did I, at their age - WWII gas mask from a relative who sold army surplus on a market stall and fatigues because they were cool (still have - kevlar lined - combat trousers for riding my motorbike)

and had made explosives.

From the original article on the BBC website:

"No explosives or firearms were discovered following the arrest of the teenagers in March, which came after Ross McKnight made a drunken phone call to a female friend boasting about carrying out Project Rainbow."

What they did find was a mobile phione video showing them fooling around with 'home made explosives', which you or I would probably call 'fireworks'.

I agree with everything else you said. The level of proof required seems frighteningly low, and is even lower if you are not a WASP.

..snip...

HOLA4424
At least one of them attended the school in question. When I went to school, I was given a floor plan so I could find my way to classrooms.

So did I, at their age - WWII gas mask from a relative who sold army surplus on a market stall and fatigues because they were cool (still have - kevlar lined - combat trousers for riding my motorbike)

What they did find was a mobile phione video showing them fooling around with 'home made explosives', which you or I would probably call 'fireworks'.

If the list of suspicious things grew to include possession of indecent material, torturing small animals and setting fire to stuff, that might just make them perfectly normal teenage boys...

HOLA4425

Archived