House Price Crash Forum

Union Strike Threat At Major Energy Sites

1929crash

HOLA441
Wrong. It's his contribution for owning the place. Now where's yours?

The tenant doesn't own the place. so he doesn't have to make a contribution for owning it.

Just to remind you -

The tenant can pay once for the right to be there, without it becoming a form of extortion (two charges for the same service). So choose.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest absolutezero
The tenant doesn't own the place. so he doesn't have to make a contribution for owning it.

Just to remind you -

The tenant can pay once for the right to be there, without it becoming a form of extortion (two charges for the same service). So choose.

*Bangs head against wall*

No, he makes a contribution for living in the UK. Not in the house.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest absolutezero
When he pays the market price for being in the house he also pays the market price for being in the uk...because the house is in the uk.

Wrong.

The house is in the UK but he's not paid for being in the UK. He's paid for living in some bricks.

Edited by absolutezero

HOLA445
HOLA446
Wrong.

The house is in the UK but he's not paid for being in the UK. He's paid for living in some bricks.

He hasn't strictly paid for all his right to be in the uk granted, but he will naturally pay the rest in trade, when he pays other service providers who also pay their rent to other landlords. When all the landlords he directly or indirectly uses have been paid for his presence, then he will have made the total payment he owes for his use of the uk. So like i said, he has already paid for his presence in the uk before you tax him.

Edited by Stars

HOLA447
Guest absolutezero
He hasn't strictly paid for all his right to be in the uk granted, he will naturally pay the rest in trade, when he pays other service providers who also pay their rent to other landlords. When all the landlords he directly or indirectly uses have been paid for his presence, then he will have made the total payment he owes for his use of the uk. So like i said, he has already paid for his presence in the uk.

Pointless arguing really. You're not logical and refuse to listen.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Nor are Trade Unions public sector bodies. They are mutual organisations, paid for and run by their members.

They are, at least partially, funded by the generosity of the tax payer via the government through the "union modernisation fund".

Still, it's a state of affairs that won't survive the imminent change of government.

Edited by jackalope

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
With what the banksters have got away with I find it difficult to criticise any person or group using their leverage to blackmail the population/employer/supplier of funds.

Precedent has been set on a scale, type and for a less deserving group than has ever been done before. There are going to be serious moral, social and financial ramifications for decades for what the banksters have done and everything else is pretty insignificant. If these crooks can get away with it why not everyone else?

French go thru instant strikes weekly!

I've been caught out a couple of times with fisherman blockading port/ferry

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

As much as like to see a bit of trouble this sort of action isn't an effective route to long term prospersity (which is really all we want.)

I would like to see the Unions tackle the issue of house prices as they're a major cost on production which devalue wages, they need a new approach; not a re-run of the 1970's.

Edited by chefdave

HOLA4415
As much as like to see a bit of trouble this sort of action isn't an effective route to long term prospersity (which is really all we want.)

I would like to see the Unions tackle the issue of house prices as they're a major cost on production which devalue wages, they need a new approach; not a re-run of the 1970's.

Unions can only do what the members mandate them to do, which was at the heart of the miners debacle.

Unions are not sophisticated policy machines, that is the difference they have from political parties. It is also their strength. Address the employment, pay and conditions issues and other organisations must address the consequences.

In over 100 years we have failed to find a better way doing it. Certainly, no sensible political party wants to interpose itself between workers and management.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Unions can only do what the members mandate them to do, which was at the heart of the miners debacle.

Unions are not sophisticated policy machines, that is the difference they have from political parties. It is also their strength. Address the employment, pay and conditions issues and other organisations must address the consequences.

By dealing with the issue in such a limited and simplistic a way they make genuine progress pretty unlikely. I'm pretty tempted to think that this is actually the point - the unions will demand pay and conditions should be improved, this can't arithmetically happen and so nobody is helped and workers end up being royally f@cked once again.

The change of direction needs to be along these lines - unions should organise and lobby for taxes to be taken off their members, they should enlist the help of employers to this end.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Well, according to your theory, if we take away the bricks and the roofing tiles and the timber etc there should be no charge because there is nothing left to charge for? - according to you, the charge is entirely for the bricks of the house.

In reality, however, there is still a charge and this charge is not for bricks but purely a for being wherever the house is (in this case, the uk). The rent paid by tenant to be in the house incorporates this charge (of course).

Edited by Stars

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
They are, at least partially, funded by the generosity of the tax payer via the government through the "union modernisation fund".

Still, it's a state of affairs that won't survive the imminent change of government.

Last time I looked it up the entire fund was worth £10 million pounds. With about 5-6 million union members in the UK (far more than belong to any political party and about 30% of the working population) that is about £2 per member. Given that most union members pay £70-100 per year in subs I don't think the money is likely to make that much difference.

How many billions have the banks and other private companies received from the taxpayer and will the Tories be rushing to get them to hand the money back ? I doubt it

Oh and lest we forget all 6 million union members are taxpayers as well.

HOLA4424
Last time I looked it up the entire fund was worth £10 million pounds. With about 5-6 million union members in the UK (far more than belong to any political party and about 30% of the working population) that is about £2 per member. Given that most union members pay £70-100 per year in subs I don't think the money is likely to make that much difference.

How many billions have the banks and other private companies received from the taxpayer and will the Tories be rushing to get them to hand the money back ? I doubt it

+1

HOLA4425
Guest absolutezero

Stop posting sense.

You'll upset all the rabid capitalists on here!