Mpc 6-3 On Qe - King Outvoted.

A.steve

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Is this good news? I can't tell anymore.

Neither good nor bad, just interesting. It underlines that the market expectations were somewhat off-beam as they were shocked that the amount was as much as £50bn. It indicates that QE, as a policy, is far from over - and that more QE in future is plausible.

It suggests to me that there remain significant systemic monetary problems - and that any spin from Sentence about a return to GDP growth this year was either an irrelevance or misdirection. I think it lends credence to the idea that there remain significant events on the horizon - perhaps as significant as a sovereign default.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Neither good nor bad, just interesting. It underlines that the market expectations were somewhat off-beam as they were shocked that the amount was as much as £50bn. It indicates that QE, as a policy, is far from over - and that more QE in future is plausible.

It suggests to me that there remain significant systemic monetary problems - and that any spin from Sentence about a return to GDP growth this year was either an irrelevance or misdirection. I think it lends credence to the idea that there remain significant events on the horizon - perhaps as significant as a sovereign default.

Government is flat broke - printy printy all the way.

The monetary system won't be reformed - it's impossible politically.

Full collapse of both financial and political systems are 100% guaranteed.

We is ******ed.

Edited by Injin

HOLA4410

what the markets have to remember is that QE is the mat covering the turds on the floor.

OK, the pile of turds is much bigger than expected so a bigger mat is needed.

what is very worrying, is that they cant SEE all the turds....Mark to model is the reason....the banks can hide most of the turds in the shadows.

course, they may be hidden, but they are still there, and with falling US property values, the pile is actually getting bigger.

HOLA4411
what the markets have to remember is that QE is the mat covering the turds on the floor.

what is very worrying, is that they cant SEE all the turds....Mark to model is the reason....the banks can hide most of the turds in the shadows.

course, they may be hidden, but they are still there, and with falling US property values, the pile is actually getting bigger.

Do you have any other metaphors BL?

I was just about to tuck into a warm teacake..........

HOLA4412

It's more the scaffolding holding up the crumbling bridge.

Japan's experience was that QE was easy to get into, but difficult to get out of. This decision indicates to me that we're going along the "lost decade" route. Only it will be more than a decade.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Is this good news? I can't tell anymore.

I can't tell either, the last time I looked at a newspaper in the stand before paying for petrol, it appeared the front page was taken up by the fake saga of Jordan and Peter, with a full 1/4 of the front page devoted to a rather desperate looking advert from Tesco, touting 2 Clubcard points for 1.

HOLA4419
I can't tell either, the last time I looked at a newspaper in the stand before paying for petrol, it appeared the front page was taken up by the fake saga of Jordan and Peter, with a full 1/4 of the front page devoted to a rather desperate looking advert from Tesco, touting 2 Clubcard points for 1.

This is a disgrace. I feel that my existing points are devalued. If they keep printing points, they'll be worthless in a few years time. Hasn't Tesco learnt anything from 1920s Germany?

p-o-p

HOLA4420

what happens when the Mat sinks

do we all drown while swallowing turds

maybe turds will replace £'s as the currency of choice - are they nutrient rich

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Indeed... we will not know until it happens either.

What was that rumour about September being the time to get out of Sterling that went around a while back? :ph34r:

Now QE has started, unless there is a market backlash, what is to stop them pumping more and more in? Equally, what is to stop them from tightening up the reserve requirements?

Everything is still up in the air and we will probably not know what they were plotting to do for years, if ever. We will probably find out the results of it much sooner though... :unsure:

HOLA4423
Indeed... we will not know until it happens either.

What was that rumour about September being the time to get out of Sterling that went around a while back? :ph34r:

Now QE has started, unless there is a market backlash, what is to stop them pumping more and more in? Equally, what is to stop them from tightening up the reserve requirements?

Everything is still up in the air and we will probably not know what they were plotting to do for years, if ever. We will probably find out the results of it much sooner though... :unsure:

Ive still not received my bundle of QE...should it have arrived by now?

or do I need to be a bank with a balance sheet that needs some numbers added to make it solvent?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425