House Price Crash Forum

The Boom That Is Back Is A Result Of

Guest daddy bull

HOLA441
With regards to housing ...for the 23,7000,000,000,000th time I keep saying housing will fall in real terms for the next 10 years.

So I am not a stealth bull.

In nominal terms it will of course rise just like in the 70's when we had a big crash but it was masked by inflation.

So am i "talking ones book" - no - just advising people that cash will be trash in a few years and to be aware of being sucked in by this deflation baloney.

don't you mean "23,700,000,000,000th"?

HOLA442
HOLA443
I get it now.

You think you are doing comedy.

You're not. Or if you are; it's rubbish.

You're not a house builder I take it? As you seem to be blissfully unaware we've experienced a bit of a recession of late.

No houses have been built for eighteen months.

Where's everyone gonna live? huh?

HOLA444
You're not a house builder I take it? As you seem to be blissfully unaware we've experienced a bit of a recession of late.

No houses have been built for eighteen months.

Where's everyone gonna live? huh?

You're a wind-up merchant, a fool, or both.

Your 'argument' would be spot-on if prices were affordable at current prices. But, of course, they aren't at all - current prices are still a hangover from the biggest debt bubble of all time. There isn't, and will never be, the same kamikaze willingness to lend that would be needed to support any type of boom given current price levels. If the average price of a house was, say, £75k then you'd be exactly right, there'd be a heck of a scramble for pwoperdee, and prices very soon would rise sharply. But at current price levels - not a chance.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
You're not a house builder I take it? As you seem to be blissfully unaware we've experienced a bit of a recession of late. No houses have been built for eighteen months. Where's everyone gonna live? huh?

Nope. I'm an ex-EA, now town planner. And I can confirm that less houses have been completed recently. But the figure is somewhat in excess of "none", applications are increasing, and new sites are getting started.

Anyway, that's not the argument you started. You said there were no houses in the UK. In the post above you ask where people are going to live. Well, remember that recession? People will live with their parents, or in house shares, or not get divorced, or just live in the home they live in already. But of course, they won't have so much money, so they will pay less.

I don't often insult people here, and got on just fine with Hamish, Rinoah, etc. But "No houses in the UK"? You're an idiot.

HOLA4411
That's right. As my dad said; "Well, you made your bed, now you gotta sleep in it!". I didn't have a bailout dad, rough justice instead but it did teach me a bit about life...

Deflation is also rough justice for a profligate country... and debtors will be "crucified" by a strong currency until they declare bankruptcy.

Yes, thanks for that quote, it sounds good! Whichever way it pans out, I would not want to be long overpriced real estate on a margin (bought using substantial mortgage/leverage).

HOLA4412
I suspect they will go up as they have been. There's nowhere to live in the UK.

Look at London, lack of supply means the the prices go up as the people with the money bid higher for the premium property.

Same thing will happen when people realise there isn't in fact any houses in the UK.

what UP like gdp down .8% is UP.

you are a brainless clown. with no clownsuit.