House Price Crash Forum

31 Arrested At Demonstration Against Islamic Fundamentalism

Guest Skinty

HOLA441
Quote:- "The march is organised by groups operating under the names "Casuals United" and the "English Defence League". The EDL was the group that organised the recent protests in Luton following the Islamist protest against the returning Royal Anglian Regiment parading through the town last March.

Is this the start of something new?

It's interesting because although there seem to be tenuous links to nationalist groups like the BNP, the protests are mainly non-political, simply anti-Muslim, and attract non-white participants as well. This must give the anti-racist and anti-facist people a problem...

More here:

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog..._4th_july_2009/

Are we about to witness the birth of a new Northern Ireland style sectarianism in our cities?"

Un-Quote

Interesting how, as usual, conclusions are leapt at here: gross assumptions are made and the HPC jury has already instructed the presiding judge to don his black cap!

The links to the BNP were tenuous to say the least.

What was my source for the above?

Well, just happens a BNP Regional Organiser who also happens to be reasonably intelligent, articulate and erudite.

How am I in contact?

Through a very small political forum where people from all sides of the political spectrum exchange perspective.

It would seem that a planned peaceful march was in fact disrupted by the UAF, who set out to cause trouble.

The UAF: you know this peaceloving bunch of rabble well supported and part funded by NuLab from our taxes as a propoganda tool.

Anyone bothering to actually read some of the comments on the referenced url, above, will hopefully quickly realise they were not written by illiterate chav oiks

Which in itself is rather interesting.

Oh, it all becomes clear now. Don't you know what a "Casual" is? I suggest you found out before you write any more. They are people who enjoy violence for the sake of violence. Thats why they are called casuals, because its easier on match day to get into a nominal rival's territory (to fight with them) if you aren't wearing team colours. I don't believe that gives any anti-racist or anti-fascist a problem at all, in much the same way no other decent person should have to think twice about scum like that.

And say hello to Jim Bowery for me. :lol: Heres a hint, try "James Bowery" and click on "search groups".

Either you are being deliberately disingenuous or you have no idea what kind of people you are being matey with.

Edit: Well that'll teach me. What the hell has happened to google's cache of newsgroup postings? Anyhow, Jim is an old school "I don't hate anyone" type racist who hides behind his own arcane pseudo-scientific terminology. He had the usual career, started off randomly angry with NASA, then it was "feminazis", then THE JEWS appear and we're off to the races.

Anyhow, given you are plugged into the world of violent thugs and articulate hatred, do you know why they chose the location they did? Anything to do with Enoch Powell delivering his "Rivers of blood" speech just round the corner?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest Skinty
Islam is not a race tho', is it? :huh:

Yes, I shouldn't have used the term "race issue". That implicitly suggests that people are being discriminated against because of something that they cannot change.

"immigration issue" might be a better term to use.

HOLA443
Guest anorthosite
Oh, it all becomes clear now. Don't you know what a "Casual" is? I suggest you found out before you write any more. They are people who enjoy violence for the sake of violence. Thats why they are called casuals, because its easier on match day to get into a nominal rival's territory (to fight with them) if you aren't wearing team colours. I don't believe that gives any anti-racist or anti-fascist a problem at all, in much the same way no other decent person should have to think twice about scum like that.

Alarm bells starting ringing for me when I saw the word "casuals", but I didn't want to make any assumption, after all it might mean something else in Birmingham.

HOLA444

the real question is, is this the conception of Norsefire?

Its interesting to see these events from afar. Though I am personally rather sorry for my old friends from school/uni days who are in the UK, things are not going to be pretty, and it seems the madness of Nazism has finally managed to find the correct "bait" to get into power. - now its only a matter of time, propaganda, agitation and "SA style" vigilante groups before things come to a head.

the bait is not the main meal.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Not remotely comparable to 9/11, 7/7, Bali bombings etc. etc.

I thought this kind of extreme relativism had died out.

I thought so too.

none of the above are remotely comparable to what the "white christian fundamentalists" did in Iraq.

HOLA448
Not remotely comparable to 9/11, 7/7, Bali bombings etc. etc.

I thought this kind of extreme relativism had died out.

Excuse me, a million dead in Iraq? If anyone is engaged in relativism it's you. A dead Muslim means nothing, a dead westerner demands destruction of half the globe!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest anorthosite
I.e. you either follow England's societal rules and cultural norms than trying to turn towns and cities in to mini Pakistans then perhaps, in the future, racial tension will dissipate as those that are left (after such issues are ironed out) genuinely will want to be British.

Ahem? ;)

HOLA4411
Look at this another way, perhaps this means in simplistic terms that people will have to eventually make a choice.

I.e. you either follow England's societal rules and cultural norms than trying to turn towns and cities in to mini Pakistans then perhaps, in the future, racial tension will dissipate as those that are left (after such issues are ironed out) genuinely will want to be British.

Just a thought.

You've just jizzed in your pants haven't you?

Or how about we follow England's societal rules and cultural norms and these chavs shut the ****** up? A bunch of shaven-headed football yobs don't speak for me and I doubt they speak for many other people either. In the past the people of this country have had little time for scum like that, I dare say if pressed people will stand up again. Indeed, this could be just the kind of shared purpose that would pull our multi-cultural society closer together.

Just a thought.

HOLA4412
Excuse me, a million dead in Iraq? If anyone is engaged in relativism it's you. A dead Muslim means nothing, a dead westerner demands destruction of half the globe!

However many it was dead in Iraq was not about Christians killing Muslims. It was an attack on a country viewed as a rogue nation in the reason and a threat to the West. Iraq was a secular nation, if there was a desire to attack a predominantly Islamic nation then Iran was an obvious target.

In my realpolitik world I would never have attacked Iraq a second time because I thought it was a strong counter to the threat posed by the region to the West.

HOLA4413
Guest anorthosite
However many it was dead in Iraq was not about Christians killing Muslims. It was an attack on a country viewed as a rogue nation in the reason and a threat to the West. Iraq was a secular nation, if there was a desire to attack a predominantly Islamic nation then Iran was an obvious target.

Bush & Blair might not agree with that assessment, at least in private.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

In my realpolitik world I would never have attacked Iraq a second time because I thought it was a strong counter to the threat posed by the region to the West.

ya. but in this forum "muslim" = "political islamist" therefore within the context of the applied nomenclature of the Norsefire types its a perfectly logical connection.

HOLA4416
It would be nice to see some Muslims protesting against Islamic fundamentalism for once rather than leaving it to a bunch of provocative bone-headed thugs.
Yes, it would.

Ahh now Orsino and AuntJess are you hungry? prepare to eat humble pie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...-community.html

and i've chosen the daily mails report of it so you'll probably believe it and because interestingly enough i can't find it reported anywhere else. What does that make me think!? Oh except the widely read Luton and Dunstable Express.

http://www.ldexpress.co.uk/ldexpress-news/...e.asp?id=421373

http://www.ldexpress.co.uk/ldexpress-news/...e.asp?id=422128

I can imagine the news editors at the big dailies seeing the story cross their desk, and straight into the bin. I just wonder how many other "non-stories" we've missed.

But jess the good news is i've found you a place where your opinions will be better appreciated - http://www.thesun.co.uk/discussions/posts/...39~-180930.page

HOLA4417
Guest anorthosite
I don't recall Scotland having any large asian immigrant populations, but if they do, do please post won't you. Secondly, it was a comment on this new group called the English Defence League which has suddenly appeared.

We do, although not as much and not in the rural areas.

Now I've not yet researched this group, but if it wants people who live in ENGLAND to follow ENGLAND's societal rules and cultural norms than I don't see a problem with that as an aim in principal.

It was your use of British & English interchangeably I was refering to.

Although I'm English I don't mind saying I'm British. Now if you Scots have a problem with that, that's for you to square away. OK?

I have no problem with that. Where did I suggest I did?

HOLA4418
Guest anorthosite
Indeed, this could be just the kind of shared purpose that would pull our multi-cultural society closer together.

We have a multi-cultural society? I thought we had multiple cultures living independently of each other, failing miserably to integrate.

HOLA4419
Guest Skinty
Look at this another way, perhaps this means in simplistic terms that people will have to eventually make a choice.

What I am concerned about what will happen to get to that point.

HOLA4420
What I am concerned about what will happen to get to that point.

the people of Britain clearly need to take matters into their own hands to confront the evil fifth columnists within and deal with them robustly and defend the Nation against the inferiors, by whatever means necessary. that is the only way to restore Britain's pride, strength and purity.

that's what i think anyway.

HOLA4421
Guest skullingtonjoe
I'm wondering if the photos could look any more staged than this:

article-1205263-05FFEA63000005DC-74_634x366.jpg

I mean, c'mon, if you're going to stage something, at least make it look real... the main protagonist is wearing a shirt under that bomber jacket. :D

OMG - it's a CHAV, who is also an ASIAN and look at what he's doing to OUR GREAT FLAG.

Daily Mail readers, equip your froth guards now to protect your monitors from the spittle of righteous rage.

They should have made the youths wear gypsy gear too, would have really got the readership in a tizzy.

I think they should also throw in a few lesbian benefit-scrounging, asylum-seeking teenage single mothers from Nigeria just to get the froth going. Rabid readers anyone?

HOLA4422
Guest skullingtonjoe
I think they should also throw in a few lesbian benefit-scrounging, asylum-seeking teenage single mothers from Nigeria just to get the froth going. Rabid readers anyone?

The whole thing looks like a pretty bad Photoshop job cobbled together to sell newspapers. Either that or all the participants were paid to take part. <_<

If you look at the background left, you`ll see there is a white guy in the `Asian mob` (does that mean he`s some kind of wigger?)

Also: is it possible to be an Asian chav or is it just the preserve of whites only?

HOLA4423
We have a multi-cultural society? I thought we had multiple cultures living independently of each other, failing miserably to integrate.

At the moment we do and it hasn't been helped by the policies of the present government. Both the absolute rate of immigration, the perception of divisive 'special interest politics' (its not really true, funny how people believe the Labour party to be immensely competent at delivery -- instead of the usual handwaving and hot air -- only when doing things they disagree with!) and the restrictions on social mobility. The last one is the biggest problem but if it can be sorted it will deliver a long term solution. Still, over the medium to long term I think things will improve, it will just take time.

The less tractable problem in my view is actually how the sort of idiots who make up the likes of the "EDL" can be integrated in mainstream society. Inter-generational welfare dependence and a propensity towards random violence, the whole low-IQ package really, will be a much tougher nut to crack. There aren't really jobs people like that can usefully do at our present stage in capitalism, and probably even fewer in the coming years, but neither can we afford to support their continuous spawning out of public funds. Thats the difficult one.

HOLA4424

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php?s...age=haught_29_5

HOLA4425
And say hello to Jim Bowery for me. :lol: Heres a hint, try "James Bowery" and click on "search groups".

Either you are being deliberately disingenuous or you have no idea what kind of people you are being matey with.Edit: Well that'll teach me. What the hell has happened to google's cache of newsgroup postings? Anyhow, Jim is an old school "I don't hate anyone" type racist who hides behind his own arcane pseudo-scientific terminology. He had the usual career, started off randomly angry with NASA, then it was "feminazis", then THE JEWS appear and we're off to the races.

Anyhow, given you are plugged into the world of violent thugs and articulate hatred, do you know why they chose the location they did? Anything to do with Enoch Powell delivering his "Rivers of blood" speech just round the corner?

I despair at the waste of my taxes on what passes for education these days!

Once again, your cogs have failed to mesh properly.

Assumption piled upon assumption: and failure to read and comprehend literate, English.

Who said I was being "Matey" with anyone?

I debated with you here and there on this forum: thus the conclusion applying your logic is I am being "matey" with you!

Perish the thought!

And glaring assumption two: "given you are plugged into the world of violent thugs".

Go read my profile: what does it state I do amongst other things? Quite simple words I assure you.

Now how in hell do your think decent reporters and writers research socio-economic subject areas?

Reading Little Lefty Weekly?

No: they do rather tend to interview and talk to both sides of any argument in order to gain perspective.

That's why peace conferences try and join opposing sides to reach an accommodation.

The trouble with far too many of you clowns is you base your arguments and dismissive diatribes on hearsay, anecdotal "Evidence" and assumption: always assumption.

And what you idiots miss, whilst engaged in your self-righteous empassioned Neo-Liberal outpourings is the core reality I have stated so often on this site in recent times: that the middle of the road WASP nice family guy is increasingly aligning with the Far Right groups as a protest against an insane Ivory Tower Dwelling Liberal apology of a Government intent on giving Britain away and destroying its social balance, moral and cultural fabric and its own religious values.

Ignore this rapidly accelerating trend at your own peril!

Archived