House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Skinty

31 Arrested At Demonstration Against Islamic Fundamentalism

Guest Skinty

Might as well get the thread started before the BNP astro-turfers come back from their jollies in Birmingham ...

So what's going on here then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...amentalism.html

Notice that the only photos are of white victims not fighting back against a mass of brown faces or against the police?

BBC finally got a photo of some skin-head types in the background

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/8191833.stm

"It started off with a group of white guys who were chanting 'England, England'. I thought they were just football fans, but then a larger group of black and Asian people turned up and it all kicked off.

Apparently it was all discussed previously on social networking sites and the UAF decided to do a counter-protest.

http://www.theasiantoday.com/article.aspx?articleId=1505

I bet I know. It's the equivalent of an orange march. Have a protest rally in the middle of a predominantly Asian area who know what's going to happen and are prepared for it. Have a photographer on hand to take pictures and send them straight to a sympathetic newspaper before anywhere else. They choose the photos that they want and report a certain bias.

It's as the daily mash calls it with Israel and Hamas; two sides just wanting a barney.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/interna...s-200812291481/

Making no judgement about either side, but I reckon this is all deliberate to appeal to the white daily mail idea of being a victim and not listened to.

"It started off with a group of white guys who were chanting 'England, England'. I thought they were just football fans, "

Sure as hell weren't cricket fans :angry:

It would be nice to see some Muslims protesting against Islamic fundamentalism for once rather than leaving it to a bunch of provocative bone-headed thugs.

So which news reporter from which rag gave the street drunk in the Photos the nice new union jack flag humm

In all the nice high rez photos.

Its not the BMP I worry about the the press and this kind of "MAKE STORY"

flag any one?

Guest AuntJess
It would be nice to see some Muslims protesting against Islamic fundamentalism for once rather than leaving it to a bunch of provocative bone-headed thugs.

Yes, it would.

I don't recall ever seeing Christians protest against Christian fundamentalism.

I must be forgetting the recent terrorist atrocities in Britain caused by fundamentalist Christians; do remind me.

I'm wondering if the photos could look any more staged than this:

article-1205263-05FFEA63000005DC-74_634x366.jpg

I mean, c'mon, if you're going to stage something, at least make it look real... the main protagonist is wearing a shirt under that bomber jacket. :D

OMG - it's a CHAV, who is also an ASIAN and look at what he's doing to OUR GREAT FLAG.

Daily Mail readers, equip your froth guards now to protect your monitors from the spittle of righteous rage.

They should have made the youths wear gypsy gear too, would have really got the readership in a tizzy.

I'm wondering if the photos could look any more staged than this:

article-1205263-05FFEA63000005DC-74_634x366.jpg

I mean, c'mon, if you're going to stage something, at least make it look real... the main protagonist is wearing a shirt under that bomber jacket. :D

OMG - it's a CHAV, who is also an ASIAN and look at what he's doing to OUR GREAT FLAG.

Daily Mail readers, equip your froth guards now to protect your monitors from the spittle of righteous rage.

They should have made the youths wear gypsy gear too, would have really got the readership in a tizzy.

Look how they've captioned the pictures.

They can't even bring themselves to go through with it fully.

Still, if a blast of high blood pressure pushes even one Daily Mail reader even a day closer to the grave, I won't complain.

Quote:- "The march is organised by groups operating under the names "Casuals United" and the "English Defence League". The EDL was the group that organised the recent protests in Luton following the Islamist protest against the returning Royal Anglian Regiment parading through the town last March.

Is this the start of something new?

It's interesting because although there seem to be tenuous links to nationalist groups like the BNP, the protests are mainly non-political, simply anti-Muslim, and attract non-white participants as well. This must give the anti-racist and anti-facist people a problem...

More here:

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog..._4th_july_2009/

Are we about to witness the birth of a new Northern Ireland style sectarianism in our cities?"

Un-Quote

Interesting how, as usual, conclusions are leapt at here: gross assumptions are made and the HPC jury has already instructed the presiding judge to don his black cap!

The links to the BNP were tenuous to say the least.

What was my source for the above?

Well, just happens a BNP Regional Organiser who also happens to be reasonably intelligent, articulate and erudite.

How am I in contact?

Through a very small political forum where people from all sides of the political spectrum exchange perspective.

It would seem that a planned peaceful march was in fact disrupted by the UAF, who set out to cause trouble.

The UAF: you know this peaceloving bunch of rabble well supported and part funded by NuLab from our taxes as a propoganda tool.

Anyone bothering to actually read some of the comments on the referenced url, above, will hopefully quickly realise they were not written by illiterate chav oiks

Which in itself is rather interesting.

Guest AuntJess
Look how they've captioned the pictures.

They can't even bring themselves to go through with it fully.

Still, if a blast of high blood pressure pushes even one Daily Mail reader even a day closer to the grave, I won't complain.

So you don't judge people by their religion, but by a paper they read? What's the difference? :blink:

Guest AuntJess
Quote:- "The march is organised by groups operating under the names "Casuals United" and the "English Defence League". The EDL was the group that organised the recent protests in Luton following the Islamist protest against the returning Royal Anglian Regiment parading through the town last March.

Is this the start of something new?

It's interesting because although there seem to be tenuous links to nationalist groups like the BNP, the protests are mainly non-political, simply anti-Muslim, and attract non-white participants as well. This must give the anti-racist and anti-facist people a problem...

More here:

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog..._4th_july_2009/

Are we about to witness the birth of a new Northern Ireland style sectarianism in our cities?"

Un-Quote

Interesting how, as usual, conclusions are leapt at here: gross assumptions are made and the HPC jury has already instructed the presiding judge to don his black cap!

The links to the BNP were tenuous to say the least.

What was my source for the above?

Well, just happens a BNP Regional Organiser who also happens to be reasonably intelligent, articulate and erudite.

How am I in contact?

Through a very small political forum where people from all sides of the political spectrum exchange perspective.

It would seem that a planned peaceful march was in fact disrupted by the UAF, who set out to cause trouble.

The UAF: you know this peaceloving bunch of rabble well supported and part funded by NuLab from our taxes as a propoganda tool.

Anyone bothering to actually read some of the comments on the referenced url, above, will hopefully quickly realise they were not written by illiterate chav oiks

Which in itself is rather interesting.

Sadly those who post on here, who are either semi-illiterate, chavs OR oiks - or all three :o - will take gross exception to this post, and make the usual gross assumptions and ascribe erroneous motives to it. Still it gives 'em summat to get their BP up about, don't it? ;)

So you don't judge people by their religion, but by a paper they read? What's the difference? :blink:

The former is usually an accident of birth in truth, failing that an accident of conscience.

The latter is a matter of choice.

Guest Skinty

But the question is, was it unexpected by the anti-islamic protesters that the UAF would do this? To me it looks like a political trap was set and the UAF fell into it.

I find this all particularly interesting because if so then it means that the right-wing groups are becoming more media and politically savvy.

Each incident like this escalates the whole race issue. This incident is already related to the previous march by the anti-islamic protesters and that's linked to the initial protest from when the soldiers were shouted at in Luton. For me, these little incidents are critical warning signs to look out for as to the direction that society is taking.

Guest anorthosite
Sadly those who post on here, who are either semi-illiterate, chavs OR oiks - or all three :o -

What about those that are less that computer-savvy and do multiple repeat postings?

Only joshing ;)

Guest AuntJess
But the question is, was it unexpected by the anti-islamic protesters that the UAF would do this? To me it looks like a political trap was set and the UAF fell into it.

I find this all particularly interesting because if so then it means that the right-wing groups are becoming more media and politically savvy.

Each incident like this escalates the whole race issue. This incident is already related to the previous march by the anti-islamic protesters and that's linked to the initial protest from when the soldiers were shouted at in Luton. For me, these little incidents are critical warning signs to look out for as to the direction that society is taking.

Islam is not a race tho', is it? :huh:

Guest AuntJess
The former is usually an accident of birth in truth, failing that an accident of conscience.

The latter is a matter of choice.

Aren't the tabloids cheaper than the broadsheets? So it's a matter of purse too.

Readers of any daily paper have too much time on their hands, if they have the time to wade thru' all that bilge.

Quite agree, Skinty.

My main interest is in socio-economic trend analysis: and trying to evaluate likely direction.

I thought my source's prescient comment about Northern Ireland style sectarianism was very astute.