House Price Crash Forum

Mom Skins, Guts, And Decapitates Her 4-week Old Son

Kazuya

HOLA441
In what police describe as one of the most gruesome crimes against a child in recent memory, an infant boy was stabbed, decapitated and mutilated early Sunday.

His 33-year-old mother claimed responsibility, police said.

Otty Sanchez told police that she was “hearing voices†and that the devil made her kill Scott Wesley Buchholtz Sanchez, to whom she gave birth on June 30, San Antonio police spokesman Joe Rios said.

Sanchez used a steak knife to repeatedly stab the nearly 4-week-old baby, then decapitate and mutilate him, Rios said. A police source said the baby was skinned and gutted.

Sanchez then used the knife to stab herself in the chest and abdomen, police said.

Sanchez was detained and taken to University Hospital, where she remained in stable condition Sunday night. She was charged by proxy late Sunday with capital murder, which is punishable by the death penalty. Bond was set at $1 million.

The brutal crime unfolded in a single-story home in the 300 block of Wayside Drive, where police were called just before 5 a.m. According to police, Sanchez lives in the North Side home with her sister and the sister's two children, and Sanchez's mother stays in a small, separate structure behind the house.

Neighbor Elaine Colchin said that just months ago, she was cleaning out her garage when Sanchez's mother stopped by and asked for a discarded baby bed.

“I gave it to her, and she was so happy, she was going to paint it for her new grandson,†Colchin said. “It was a family bed — my daughter, son and husband all used it; now it turned out to be a nightmare.â€

It was Sanchez's mother who called police Sunday. She told them she was awakened by Sanchez around 4:30 a.m. She said she saw her daughter sitting with the boy. He had been decapitated, a police report said. Sanchez's mother took the baby, put him on a bed and called police, according to the report.

When police arrived, Sanchez was sitting on a couch, yelling, “I killed my baby. I want to die,†the report said.

An officer found the child's body lying in blood on a bed next to the knife, believed to be the weapon used in the killing, and two swords, which Rios said were not involved in the death. Authorities were seen carrying two bags out of the home, and officials on the scene confirmed that they contained the baby's remains.

The baby was missing body parts, and police were investigating claims the mother made to them about ingesting those parts, sources said.

Source: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/2-week-old_baby_stabbed_to_death.html

HOLA442
HOLA443

This woman clearly needed psychological (or other) help prior to the incident. Almost certainly there would have been significant warning signs, but in the US if you ain't got insurance no one is going to care.

I had an aunt who killed her baby and tried to kill herself when I was little. The signs had been there for a long time, but no one took them seriously until too late.

HOLA444
Guest X-QUORK
This woman clearly needed psychological (or other) help prior to the incident. Almost certainly there would have been significant warning signs, but in the US if you ain't got insurance no one is going to care.

But I thought the market looks after everyone? Is this not true?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest X-QUORK
It's not true. Why would the market look after *everyone*?

Too subtle for you, it was a rhetorical question.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8159310.stm

Even if either case had been noted here, most likely some civil servant would most likely note it down, then ignore it. As similarly happens with so many crims on bail, wrongly released and so on.

Doesnt matter whether the system is private or public, if its staffed by idiots, the net result is the same.

HOLA4411
More importantly, do you think the price will increase or decrease as a result of this episode?

As a fresh-faced 21 year old, I once had the pleasure of driving the ladies' rugby team to a fixture in Birmingham in the Students' Union minibus (as I turned 21 just before starting my final year, I reached the magic age for the SU's insurance policy and was able to drive the bus - this made me very popular!). On the way back to Exeter I agreed to drop one of the rugger buggeresses at her home in Gloucester for the weekend. On the way back out the remaining passengers insisted on a sightseeing tour to 25 Cromwell St. (the West story having just broken). If they hadn't pulled the place down in the end I'm sure it would have been worth millions.

HOLA4412
As a fresh-faced 21 year old, I once had the pleasure of driving the ladies' rugby team to a fixture in Birmingham in the Students' Union minibus (as I turned 21 just before starting my final year, I reached the magic age for the SU's insurance policy and was able to drive the bus - this made me very popular!). On the way back to Exeter I agreed to drop one of the rugger buggeresses at her home in Gloucester for the weekend. On the way back out the remaining passengers insisted on a sightseeing tour to 25 Cromwell St. (the West story having just broken). If they hadn't pulled the place down in the end I'm sure it would have been worth millions.

I believe Dennis Nilsen's flat in Cranley Gardens went for a premium.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Archived