House Price Crash Forum

Seasonally Adjusted Pistols At Dawn...

HOLA441

Or something.

Anyway, apparently things are so bad that real prices are now de rigeur for bulls and rates will be low for ever and real house prices will rise.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...-this-year.html

Boulger;

I now think that house prices will show a small rise in 2009, rather than the 5pc fall I predicted at the end of last year. The main danger to a further setback is that interest rates rise too far to quickly but it increasingly looks as if the economy, and not only ours, is in such a mess that rates will stay low for several years.

HOLA442
Guest KingCharles1st

"I now think that house prices will show a small rise in 2009, rather than the 5pc fall I predicted at the end of last year. "

He says that like it's a good thing..... D I C K H E A D

HOLA443

And people listen to this mans drivel?

Paraphrased:-

House prices will rise because the economy is in a real mess.

Does this man not read what he writes. Why would the value of a familys biggest asset purchase rise when the economy as he puts it is in a real mess.

HOLA444
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Mouthpiece of globalist kleptocracy suggests best strategy for new slave class directly competing with nations lacking any state safety net and utilising low value currencies, is to borrow to buy one of the most expensive piles of bricks in the World, gambling on the ability to pay it off in a climate of job losses, a benefits bill larger than the tax take, and a declining demographic.

Oh, ok then.

HOLA445
HOLA446
"I now think that house prices will show a small rise in 2009, rather than the 5pc fall I predicted at the end of last year. "

He says that like it's a good thing..... D I C K H E A D

It probably would be, for him.

Im alright jack, etc.

The property/debt owning class are only happy when theyre winning, or the rest of us are losing. If that ever stops, theyll lie, cheat and steal to make sure it starts again.

HOLA447
It probably would be, for him.

Im alright jack, etc.

The property/debt owning class are only happy when theyre winning, or the rest of us are losing. If that ever stops, theyll lie, cheat and steal to make sure it starts again.

This post is a bit too obviously giving away the real mentality of a lot of people on this site. I don't know why you're so bitter about things. Is it because you need property prices to fall another 50% to even have a hope of affording a house, I wonder?

HOLA448
Or something.

Anyway, apparently things are so bad that real prices are now de rigeur for bulls and rates will be low for ever and real house prices will rise.

Boulger;

in the first half of the year, didn't brokers like boulger, talk about how buyers should be fixing mortgage deals now due to an increased cost of borrowing ahead ?

Looks like BoEBR trackers were the better option, if as anticipated ZIRP was here to say for a while ?

HOLA449
Or something.

Boulger;

It's just getting ever more surreal by the day.

Something about all this really reminds of...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society...s-200905281788/

A GLOBAL nuclear war followed by a new dark age of terror and despair could further depress the UK housing market, according to the Halifax.

As North Korea continued its missile tests, a survey by Britain's biggest mortgage lender found that 63% would be less likely to move home if the school catchment area was overrun with three-headed monkey-dogs or gangs of mounted cannibals.

A spokesman said: "Buyers would be more cautious in a post-holocaust market, particularly if going outside resulted in certain death.

"Over the medium term we predict that prices would drop by up to 30% as the blackened survivors run around in terror, bleeding from every orifice and the landscape is transformed into mile and after mile of charred, smoldering hell.

"However, there will be some great bargains for anyone with a few iodine pills, a radiation suit and a flamethrower. So it's not all doom and gloom."

Tom Logan, deputy director of the Association of Mortgage Lenders, insisted there would almost certainly be opportunities for young, professional couples who were not coughing up too much blood.

He added: "Getting on the housing ladder could be as simple as heaving the former occupants onto the ever-growing pile of burning corpses in the street.

"And, best of all, you won't even have to check if they're still alive as the police and Crown Prosecution Service will, at the very least, be chronically short-staffed."

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
This post is a bit too obviously giving away the real mentality of a lot of people on this site. I don't know why you're so bitter about things. Is it because you need property prices to fall another 50% to even have a hope of affording a house, I wonder?

Oh dear - at least we know you are not a re-generated troll!! You show yourself to be a genuine noob with this remark!

Do some research to find out the financial status of many posters here.

You might find that there are not as many "disgusting poor people" as you would like to think.

Dirty little whiners the lot of 'em - I suppose they are OK just as long as they dont try to touch your "Property Owning" cloth !

How big is your mortgage Chaterhouse?

Who really owns YOUR house?

Edited by sbn

HOLA4412

Troll post if I have ever seen one.

Kick the wasps nest a bit harder why don't you. Or maybe try and say something intelligent?

HOLA4413
Oh dear - at least we know you are not a re-generated troll!! You show yourself to be a genuine noob with this remark!

Do some research to find out the financial status of many posters here.

You might find that there are not as many "disgusting poor people" as you would like to think.

Dirty little whiners the lot of 'em - I suppose they are OK just as long as they dont try to touch your "Property Owning" cloth !

How big is your mortgage Chaterhouse?

Who really owns YOUR house?

Ok, going by the tone of the post, he/she deserves a blasting, but it is a fair sentiment. I've chosen to buy (I know, all I've bought is a mortgage!) for various reasons, in the full knowledge that in the short term the value of my home will go down. I also know that in XX years, no matter what the value, I'll own it outright.

Check out posts over the last few months, I'm not the only one!

The point I hope the poster was trying to make was that I'm not interested in the value of my property going up or down, it's my home, but there is a general lambasting of ANYONE who owns a property from some members on this site. The glee shown can be a little vomit inducing <_<

p.s. I read this forum because it deals with house prices AND the economy!

HOLA4414
Or something.

Boulger;

Boulger opinions are simply laughable, he's wrapped up in the property market to teh exclusion of everything else and as a result, he's forgotten that the housing market is just a small piece of the wider economy. He is not credible in any way, highlighted by this piece. Shd think he's probably a hero to the likes of Rinoa.

HOLA4415
Ok, going by the tone of the post, he/she deserves a blasting, but it is a fair sentiment. I've chosen to buy (I know, all I've bought is a mortgage!) for various reasons, in the full knowledge that in the short term the value of my home will go down. I also know that in XX years, no matter what the value, I'll own it outright.

Check out posts over the last few months, I'm not the only one!

The point I hope the poster was trying to make was that I'm not interested in the value of my property going up or down, it's my home, but there is a general lambasting of ANYONE who owns a property from some members on this site. The glee shown can be a little vomit inducing <_<

Many people here own, some outright.

Some own outright and expect prices to fall

Some even own outright and WANT prices to fall

Most here realise that house prices are unimportant compared to a stable and non-corrupt economy which we can hand on to the next generation.

Some thing many bulls seem to be lacking in their "I'm alright Jack" attitude

which ironically is even more prevelant now that they are not "all right"......"jack"

HOLA4416

In fact, with reference to my earlier post, the thing that I just dont get, is that most people who DONT own houses, seem to want them to go UP. as if this would be a good thing for them!! ... as long as someone will lend them the money to buy them!!! Thats the IDeal for them.... then they can pay the lender even MORE money in interest!! or better yet, ONLY pay the interest so that they never actually own their expensive house at all!!!!!! WTF?????? As long as it keeps going UP everything will be fine!!!!!

HOLA4417

Care to provide some links to topics where your average owner occupier is lambasted? Because I think you have made that up.

HOLA4418
Boulger opinions are simply laughable, he's wrapped up in the property market to teh exclusion of everything else and as a result, he's forgotten that the housing market is just a small piece of the wider economy. He is not credible in any way, highlighted by this piece. Shd think he's probably a hero to the likes of Rinoa.

At least the Telegraph gave his headline great big 'INVERTED COMMAS'.

Somewhat distances themselves from him should his current change of tack, well, change tack.

HOLA4419
Many people here own, some outright.

Some own outright and expect prices to fall

Some even own outright and WANT prices to fall

Most here realise that house prices are unimportant compared to a stable and non-corrupt economy which we can hand on to the next generation.

Some thing many bulls seem to be lacking in their "I'm alright Jack" attitude

which ironically is even more prevelant now that they are not "all right"......"jack"

I own my own house, mortgage free.

I would like to see prices fall 50-60% from peak.

Down the pub, a couple of days after the 7/7 bombings I made the comment that rising house prices and ever increasing personal debt were a bigger threat to the general wellbeing and happiness of the nation than terrorist attacks. No one understood where I was coming from.

Sadly, they may cost more in loss of life aswell.

Edited by tomedd

HOLA4420
In fact, with reference to my earlier post, the thing that I just dont get, is that most people who DONT own houses, seem to want them to go UP. as if this would be a good thing for them!! ... as long as someone will lend them the money to buy them!!! Thats the IDeal for them.... then they can pay the lender even MORE money in interest!! or better yet, ONLY pay the interest so that they never actually own their expensive house at all!!!!!! WTF?????? As long as it keeps going UP everything will be fine!!!!!

Yup, agreed. I don't get the HPI addiction, and have little sympathy for the 6x salary and MEW debt addicts who are now in so much NE they are sinking. A 30% drop will suit me nicely (I suspect I'll be looking to move up in 5-10 years), and I'll settle for 3.5x average wage = average house price.

However...... Those of us who bought at 10-15% below peak in 2008, and took on a manageable debt, can hardly be blamed for the current financial situation. It get's a bit tiring to see the same sweeping statements wheeled out again and again, that's all.

HOLA4421
Care to provide some links to topics where your average owner occupier is lambasted? Because I think you have made that up.

Just in case your not tongue in cheek :) I refer the honourable gentleman to post #6.

"The property/debt owning class are only happy when theyre winning, or the rest of us are losing. If that ever stops, theyll lie, cheat and steal to make sure it starts again. "

I own property/debt and neither cheat nor steal. I have told a few porkies in my time tho. "I'm just nipping out for a pint luv" being my favourite!

HOLA4422

'Ooh look, the tide has gone out. Let's go for a walk on the beach. My, the tide has really receeded this time hasnt it? I've never seen the tide go out so far and so quickly. Beautiful beach. Never been able to walk out this far before. What's that on the horizon?'

HOLA4423
However...... Those of us who bought at 10-15% below peak in 2008, and took on a manageable debt, can hardly be blamed for the current financial situation. It get's a bit tiring to see the same sweeping statements wheeled out again and again, that's all.

Agree wholeheartedly. I'm afraid that I can't point to a specific thread, but I have been reading this site for a few years despite only joining recently, and there does seem to be some overly gleeful schadenfreude occasionally. I also bought in late 2008, 20% - 25% off peak with sensible multiples because my wife wanted a house in which to bring up our daughter.

HOLA4424

Isn't this the same as the 'American Dream'? I seem to remember this phrase was coined during the Regan era and has something to do with keeping the masses (those without money) on side of the minority (those with money). The majority will take no end of bending over and being shafted if there is a glimmer of hope that one day it will be them on the other side of the fence. Its a brilliant trick, give someone hope and do what you want.

Much like the national lottery and HPI.

HOLA4425