House Price Crash Forum

Baby Due In 3 Weeks

HOLA441
I haven't even been able to decorate the nursery in Winnie the Pooh wallpaper :(

Will my child be bullied at school? Will they suffer an inferiority complex because we live in a really nice 250 year old house and not an estate slavebox?

I don't want my child to be disadvantaged by my lack of home ownership...

Without your own property to MEW, you can't even afford school for your little scumbags, YOU LOOSER!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

We have a 3 month old and a little girl of 2, we have a large deposit and holding are nerve.

Agree the downside of renting is we did not get to do the nursery thing which is a lilltle upsetting, but on the grand scale of things are kids are going to grow up knowing we made the right move and we will not be saddle with a huge mortgage on a crap house.

Nearly everyone in our baby group is strugling with lower income and loss of equity, we now look like smart cookies and not skint losers.

Hang in there

HOLA443
I know you were being a bit sarcastic anyway,but society/upbringing has conditioned us to think you might need the "stability" of owning your home when starting a family .The rule book and our way of life in the UK is being turned upside down at the moment .In the ensuing instability,you need max flexibility ,so,actually by renting you are doing the very best for the security of your new arrival . I own a house,bought 15 years ago but would not go near property right now .Good luck with the baby,enjoy it all,all too soon they grow up!!!

More needs to be done to provide more security of tenure for tennants.

It is shocking the way the government tries to protect stupid hard working families from repossession but there is never any consideration for those at the whim of landlords.

HOLA444
We have a 9 week old in a one bedroom rented. We are moving in the few weeks to a much larger 3 bed with loads of out door space for starting my own business, it is rented. Family and freinds think I am mad and are bleating on about school catchment areas wah blah nah...f*cking lemmings the lot of them. They reluctantly have given me credit for not buying into the ponzi scheme that was the british house market, and said my stubborness has paid off :P . But of course now they think the HPC is all over, after 8-9 months (we are in Scotland at the mo) "I think things are turning".......

We have freinds that recently put off starting a family becuase their rented house had damp in spare room!!!! bejeesus.

re: school catchment, you can choose a rental house right by your prefered school when the time comes.

HOLA445
Guest Steve Cook

It is shocking the way the government tries to protect stupid hard working families from repossession but there is never any consideration for those at the whim of landlords.

That's because the pile of stinking, debt-ridden corruption other wise known as the property "owning" class are the foundation of what we laughingly call our economy.

If they fall, we all get to find out how poor this country really is and has been for some time.

Time to move some more deckchairs around?

Edited by Steve Cook

HOLA446

Because in modern Britain where house price speculation = the economy, being a BTL landlord equates to being 'hard working'...the tenants are therefore not productive members of society and can be ignored...

HOLA447
Guest X-QUORK

I've forced my child to be brought up in a beautiful Warwickshire village rather than having the self-respect to buy a paper-thin-walled shoebox on an anonymous estate.

I hang my head in shame.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I grew up in rented accomodation. So did my brother and sister. My dad rented our family house his entire working life and then bought his retirement home cash. Never had a penny of debt.

Cannot deny that I felt a bit different compared to the other kids with their flash cars and expensive, ostentatious houses, but soon came to realise that this is just vacuous materialism that can easily be aquired by debt.

Bless ya. Wishing you all the pleasures and joy with the new arrival.

HOLA4410
Should I turn the nipper straight over to social services? What kind of parent must I be to contemplate starting a family in rented accomodation? I feel so ashamed.

If you are are non-British citizen you'll have no trouble getting a council house. You'll even have all your bills paid for and be able to go back to live in your own country AND still claim benefits by getting one of your mates to withdraw the payments while you are out of the country!

If you're British I'd sell the baby...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Should I turn the nipper straight over to social services? What kind of parent must I be to contemplate starting a family in rented accomodation? I feel so ashamed.

I'm not going to bother reading past this opening post, I can't be doing with the HPC VI cr@p so I apologise if I'm replying to a p i stake.

If you're serious then my advice is for you and your wife/gf/whoever to buy a home if you have the means and it's what you want. Lets face it whether its a mortgage or rent you're going to be shelling out £400-600 PCM at least for the next x amount of years. IF you feel more secure in your own home then just do it.

I'll tell you now the "free housing for all" and -50% falls that is persistently peddled out on this site is pure fantasy. Don't listen to property speculators, do what's right for you and your family.

HOLA4413
I have a wife two kids new and 2 years old.

I rent

I am not poor by a long shot

Rent = price of buying - 50% where I am

Result my kids are better off with me renting for them.

when rent = Buying +10/20% I will buy.

Buying should be cheaper since you are comitting to one place for a long time even a good profit will be eaten by tax and moving costs if you need to move (remember paid mortgage is not profit margin you paid for it).

What a nonsense thread

Indeed, buying should be cheaper since an owner occupier's imputed rent is tax free .

HOLA4414

We had our 2nd child whilst in rented accommodation. Didn't make a jot of difference to him.

But where we did have issues was with organising education knowing rental contract was ending and new location uncertain. Perhaps we were being picky in the type of houses we wanted to rent, but at the time (2005) decent houses were few and far between. The potential schools we were considering all had waiting lists and weren't keen to add a child if a stable home address couldn't be provided.

It was one of several deciding factors to buy (again) rather than rent.

HOLA4415
and His (why the capitals, are LL's God?) void period or His house trashed by house-sharers if he has the naive expectation to find a non-family renting a family-sized house.

It happens though. We were 2 weeks away from moving into a new rental when the landlord initially insisted that our 3 yr old signed the contract(!) and then subsequently refused to rent to us when we pointed out the absurdity of his request.

He may have lost several months rent but we were potentially homeless or having to find something (anything) very quickly. Not ideal with a heavily pregnant hysterical wife to placate.

HOLA4416
I hope your landlord allows kids.. His Gaffe, His Rules

Some of these tenants are scum. For example I heard of one family who, it turned out, were sitting on the landlord's cream sofa and walking on the beige carpets. Apparently they even went in and out of the property without asking his permission!

HOLA4417

Absoutely nothing wrong with renting and having kids.

My four year old is appearing in adverts for MacDonalds, my eight year old models

for a children's catalogue, my thirteen year old has two paper runs and does

Saturdays at the local Chinese, chopping up vegetables, and the wife has two

cleaning jobs.

Works for me.

HOLA4418
I bet you don't even owe thousands on your car?? If you hurry though you still have time to spare your child the humiliation of having debt free parents!

We've got two of them both paid for cash but we are going to sell one since we hardly need one, nevermind two.

Will the youngster get picked on coming from a family with 2 adults but only one car :(

HOLA4419

My mum was hinting to me and my girlfriend that she'd quite like to be a grandmother a few years back. I said to her -

"Dear mother, the order of our lives will be thus;"

• House
  • Wedding
  • Dog
  • Baby

So put my old cot back in the loft, woman."

Fast forward and I'm renting an amazing house in a lovely village, we're unmarried and we have a lovely 9 month old daughter. Couldn't be happier, well, i'd still like a labrador but the landlord won't allow it!

HOLA4420
Absoutely nothing wrong with renting and having kids.

My four year old is appearing in adverts for MacDonalds, my eight year old models

for a children's catalogue, my thirteen year old has two paper runs and does

Saturdays at the local Chinese, chopping up vegetables, and the wife has two

cleaning jobs.

Works for me.

Child slavery is illegal. I BET this is because you rent, you waster!

HOLA4421
We've got two of them both paid for cash but we are going to sell one since we hardly need one, nevermind two.

Will the youngster get picked on coming from a family with 2 adults but only one car :(

Yes the youngster will. He needs a family with 1 adult like everyone else. This opens the door for 2 daddies and 2 mummies at a later date and twice as many christmas presesnts slapped on the tesco clubcard credit card.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Yes. A bad one. You should.

I think you should seriously consider sterilization. The simple fact that you would consider having a child without being in mountains of debt is indicative of the sort of irresponsible anarchist you clearly are. How the heck are we going to create a nation of obedient debt slaves if people like you refuse to sign over their freedom and happiness to one of our fine British banking institutions? What sort of example are you setting for the future debt slave you are about to bring into the world?

I'm going to flag this topic with the webmaster so the appropriate concerned citizens can trace your ip address and have the SS (Social Service) goons sent to lie in wait at your local NHS hospital.

People like you make me sick.

:lol:

Edited by D'oh

HOLA4424

OMG! This thread is like watching a car crash in slow motion! I bet that next you will be telling us that once old enough, you will encourage your children to walk to school and not be dropped off right by the gates in a giant BMW 4X4...

For Shame!

HOLA4425
Yes. A bad one. You should.

I think you should seriously consider sterilization. The simple fact that you would consider having a child without being in mountains of debt is indicative of the sort of irresponsible anarchist you clearly are. How the heck are we going to create a nation of obediant debt slaves if people like you refuse to sign over their freedom and happiness to one of our fine British banking institutions?

People like you make me sick.

+1