House Price Crash Forum

Outrage Over Homes Sell-off

HOLA441
Residents have now been left concerned that their own homes have decreased in value, with some saying they may not have even purchased a home on the development had they known.

lol

poor peopple.

time and time again i see this,

this is the truth, they push integration of all kinds, but the truth is people dont want it.

The truth is house prices are more a factor of the people not the building. Whilst theres a correclation between property types you can have a place like, er, Windsor, just as an example and an exact same house in er, ooooh, lets see, Slough, and its worth half the value. Doh. its because of the peopple.

i dont think you can under estimate the impact that crappy people have on the lives of less crappy people, its a fundemental, but its never addressed. It only takes one peasent to upset the peace of a safe neigbourhood. They dont even have to live there.

Not all HA people should be tarred with the same brush but i can totally appreciate the nightmare situation that this is.

All those high hopes of meeting nice neigbours to invite to your kids party dashed against the rocks because a common lout will be moving in with his shaved head and permanent scowly face and footbal scarf. lol. Close the curtains!!! Lock up your daughters!!! The idoits have come to town!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I agree with you wholeheartedly, but anti-social behaviour is not an exclusive trait only to HA tenants is my point. Anti-social behaviour can come from homeowners alike and even regular renters. Also, what's to stop BTL buying them all up and filling them with DSS?

I tend to agree. These snobs have nothing to complain about. It reminds me of back in about 1981 when my mate told me an asian family were moving into his cul-de-sac and the local residents had started a petition to stop it. Needless to say we were both appalled.

My mum had social housing built at the bottom of her garden, in a very posh part of town. All the usual uproar from the residents about 'not on our backyard' and all that crap. Turns out she hasn't had a problem with any of them, but the family who bought the very expensive house next door she is always moaning about (load parties, swearing etc - her words).

The thing is the HPI we have seen has in effect moved people that would normally buy or rent into social housing anyway. I think we should get away from this stigma attached to it.

Having said that, it does make me laugh when these people who bought 'luxury flats' for huge sums see the prices falling as the council move in.

HOLA443

This made me laugh.

I imagine the "private home owners" living on that estate look down on those second class citizens who live in housing associations and who rent.

You know the sort. Those poor people who eat junk food rather than vegetables, who wipe their arses on the wall paper rather than use a toilet roll and who have no self respect and aspiration, which is why they don't own privately.

Yes, you know the sort. The sort who weren't stupid enough to buy a new build from Barratt Homes in April 2008.

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

HOLA444
Guest sillybear2
lol

poor peopple.

time and time again i see this,

They are poor people, this is what happens when you give a few elevated working class people a liar loan, they suddenly think they're better than everyone else, they're only scared of the social housing element because they're frightened of meeting their former self, and they're only one missed mortgage payment away from being one of them again <_<

All new build is junk anyway and should be avoided at all costs, that's partly why we have HPI in this country, people clamour after the limited supply of 50-100 year old properties because new build is increasingly cramped, socially engineered brown field sh1t holes.

"Would you like to buy this new TV sir? It's smaller, shitter and more expensive than your old version, and you're also obligated to buy an extra version for a poor person"

Oh yes please!

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest AuntJess
disgusting behaviour by barretts. They should be ashamed of themselves. Their actions have put me off ever buying a new build ever for the rest of my life. How can you trust these crooks with building your shelter.

I used to live on a very up-market estate, then some flats were built there, supposedly for 'young executives' - one bed apartments.Then us locals found out that a certain % of them had been sidelined for benefits claimants. How did we find out?

By children finding dirty hypo needles in the car park at the rear, as an ex-jail-bird drug dealer/addict had taken up residence there. <_<

So in one fell swoop our classy estate had been reduced to the status of a sink estate, despite having some of the most expensive houses in the area, and being in a high Council tax band. :angry:

Yup, that's what we paid high rates for, to have the dregs of humanity shipped in to reduce the appeal of our estate...and take a few quid offa the selling price!

Not many families want to shack up near druggies.

Other housing associations in another area did not seem to have to offer homes to these sorts of low lifes, but I suspect that was because the local councillors lived in the other areas and were doing their usual NIMBY routine.

Good ole politicians.. F**k you up every time. :ph34r:

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

"Ere, you know them poshers next door?"

"Yeah, Trace..."

"Well I've been meanin to 'ave words with 'im. All I 'ear 'im doin' is effin' an' blindin' about the mortgage payments an' that. An' last night I reckon he was smackin' 'er about, tellin' er not to waste money on "******ing organic soap"!"

"Bloody 'ell, I reckon I'll 'ave words with 'em about it, I can't 'ave my Jay-Harley an' Chardoney listenin' to that, it'll bring back memories of their dads. Not the way I want my nippers brung up....."

"Oi! Chardoney, get out of the street and in the back garden if you're goin' to smoke fags. I don't want the neighbours seein' you smokin' before you look sixteen. Have some respect."

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4410
Guest sillybear2
Good ole politicians.. F**k you up every time. :ph34r:

Not a f**k up AuntJess, this is a great triumph of public policy for our times, consider yourself socially enriched!

HOLA4411
Guest AuntJess
In just 9 words, this sums up everything wrong with Britain today.

If you have read my post above, you might consider how YOU might feel, if you bought a house and spent money on making in comfy and well-maintained, only to find that on wanting to sell, the local council had taken such action, that meant you lost a certain % of the potential selling price.

So many on here ar so eaten up with their own homeless misery they don't know what its like to have a home for YEARS - spend time and money on it, then find when you sell it you can't afford to move into a comaparable house, due to someone building something unsightly or anti-social nearby.Not to mention having to shell out top whack for the rates. :angry:

If you think that's selfish wait till it happens to you, then I can come along and make YOU out to be some sort of greedy grabbing twit.

And it will. :P Someone will build on or designate your area, and you won't be able to do a blessed thing, except suck it up. <_<

HOLA4412
If you have read my post above, you might consider how YOU might feel, if you bought a house and spent money on making in comfy and well-maintained, only to find that on wanting to sell, the local council had taken such action, that meant you lost a certain % of the potential selling price.

So many on here ar so eaten up with their own homeless misery they don't know what its like to have a home for YEARS - spend time and money on it, then find when you sell it you can't afford to move into a comaparable house, due to someone building something unsightly or anti-social nearby.Not to mention having to shell out top whack for the rates. :angry:

If you think that's selfish wait till it happens to you, then I can come along and make YOU out to be some sort of greedy grabbing twit.

And it will. :P Someone will build on or designate your area, and you won't be able to do a blessed thing, except suck it up. <_<

People of all walks and house value buy and use drugs.

Indeed, many if our biggest criminals live in gated houses and have an international lifestyle....bankers.

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4413

must admit, if they brought new barretts homes in 2008 then they must be stupid.

but even so its like going to a party in your best frock and discovering theres a serial rapist repaeat burgler offender there. You dont want them getting any of your frock. its like they have been waiting for the new neghbours so they can take a cake around and smile like an idiot and find out all about your job. Cant do that if the neighours are from Bengal and dont speak English.

ive been saving since forever now and id like to think that that gives me some rights over those that have made no effort to take responsibility for themselves.

whilst money doesn't make you better, it sure as hell does change the way you think, it shapes your priorities, and many HA people dont have priorities, they have nothing but empty heads. Smoking, drinking, dangerous driving. And they really dont have any consideration for other people. At least where i am people have general consideration, man, there are some bad places out there, and whenever i see one i look to see who has to loive next door to them, its a sorry state at times.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

My point was that the article blurted out "won't somebody please think of the house prices" straight away, rather than tackling the social issues first. It's the same with anything - don't build a factory nearby or you'll lower house prices. Don't build any roads nearby or you'll lower house prices. Don't build any more houses nearby or you'll lower house prices.

It's never about quality of life, it's always about some theoretical pot of cash, and that careless talk lowers house prices.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
concerned that their own homes have decreased in value

Well I'd say that's a given but only because they were stupid enough to buy a new build from Barratt Homes in April 2008.

From the brooding mob photograph that they like to include with articles like this, I can clearly see a couple of Comeres* who are going to give those poor HA tenants some grief.

What with their shiny new homes and 125%, interest only, 6x salary (assuming a salary) mortgages, I can see why they're outraged.

Hopefully when the HPC has concluded those dirty HAs will be able to take their 20% deposits and their 50% off peak priced mortgages and leave them in peace.

CC

* Comeres = Rough, thick/lazy people who let their kids play in your front garden and who walk down the high street bellowing at them "COM' 'ERE!!!"

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

HOLA4418
Guest AuntJess
My point was that the article blurted out "won't somebody please think of the house prices" straight away, rather than tackling the social issues first. It's the same with anything - don't build a factory nearby or you'll lower house prices. Don't build any roads nearby or you'll lower house prices. Don't build any more houses nearby or you'll lower house prices.

It's never about quality of life, it's always about some theoretical pot of cash, and that careless talk lowers house prices.

Don't talk rot!

When you have kids and one of them runs into the kitchen carrying a dirty hypo needle that s/he's been playing with, and has to have an HIV test, maybe you'll realise that often - lowered house prices are strongly related to - much of the time - lowering quality of life/ safety for families.

So many people talk a load of bilge till they've had a family and seen things thru' a father's/mother's eyes. B)

HOLA4419

The trouble I have, is you and the people in the article have condemned these HA tenants before they've even moved in. They haven't even been given a chance to prove their social behaviour suitability.

HOLA4420
Say hello to your new neighbours:

Wayne, Dwayne, Ashleigh, Britney, Jordan and their dog.............Tyson!

:lol:

Don't, just don't. I have neighbours 4 doors away who have a dog called Tyson. They're not too chavvy though. OK the wife is but they're not doleys and both work hard. The 3 (4?) teenage boys are pretty well behaved too. No complaints really but I loathe the f***ing dog - a nasty piece of work.

HOLA4421
Guest AuntJess
The trouble I have, is you and the people in the article have condemned these HA tenants before they've even moved in. They haven't even been given a chance to prove their social behaviour suitability.

I have said nothing about the article. I responded to someone sneering about what the trouble today with Britain was.

Gee, so many armchair experts and with SO many years of experience, most of it gained on the internet. No wonder Britian is in the dumper. <_<

I have earned MY armchair. Some of you lot have barely got out of yours. :ph34r:

HOLA4422
At least where i am people have general consideration, man, there are some bad places out there, and whenever i see one i look to see who has to loive next door to them, its a sorry state at times.

Usually you take a much, much tougher line with the chavs, lowlifes, junkies, scumbags and scroungers around your area.

Are you mellowing, or have you found a nice woman?

HOLA4423
Putting aside this case of public money being used to bail out private developers and prop up sale prices. All new build junk has to include a social housing element under section 106 when they gain planning, so ~20% of the development will be a mini council estate subsidized by the liar-loan wielding private buyers even at the best of times.

If it wasn't for the land monopoly and HPI there would be no real need for HA's aside from a bit of sheltered accommodation for old folks, the market would find its own level. HA's are a way of sucking more public money into the pyramid scam, a way of bringing the 'poor' into the HPI/land scam without breaking the monopoly.

HOLA4424
Don't talk rot!

When you have kids and one of them runs into the kitchen carrying a dirty hypo needle that s/he's been playing with, and has to have an HIV test, maybe you'll realise that often - lowered house prices are strongly related to - much of the time - lowering quality of life/ safety for families.

So many people talk a load of bilge till they've had a family and seen things thru' a father's/mother's eyes. B)

Yep. Needstick injury - happened to a family member. It's rare for them to cause any issues (unless a fair amount of fluid got in) but the 6 month wait for the test results to find out if your 6 year old daughter has HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis is a barrel of laughs.

HOLA4425
Putting aside this case of public money being used to bail out private developers and prop up sale prices. All new build junk has to include a social housing element under section 106 when they gain planning, so ~20% of the development will be a mini council estate subsidized by the liar-loan wielding private buyers even at the best of times.

If it wasn't for the land monopoly and HPI there would be no real need for HA's aside from a bit of sheltered accommodation for old folks, the market would find its own level. HA's are a way of sucking more public money into the pyramid scam, a way of bringing the 'poor' into the HPI/land scam without breaking the monopoly.

Is that true. I think the 20% only has to be affordable.