House Price Crash Forum

Kill The Bbc Tax?

KingBingo

HOLA441

The BBC are paid for by a tax falling most heavily on the poor. They have a mission for impartiality, yet over the last decade s they have prompted a middle class liberal left viewpoint, that see’s them excuse any anti-west element and play their part in a massive property ramping.

Can this continue?

The meaning of this is that you should not try to work with the Establishment. You should not try to jolly it along. You should not try fighting it on narrow fronts. You must regard it as the enemy, and you must smash it.

On the first day of your government, you should close down the BBC. You should take it off air. You should disclaim its copyrights. You should throw all its staff into the street. You should not try to privatise the BBC. This would simply be to transfer the voice of your enemy from the public to the private sector, where it might be more effective in its opposition. You must shut it down - and shut it down at once. You should do the same with much of the administration. The Foreign Office, much of the Home Office, the Commission for Racial Equality, anything to do with health and safety and planning and child protection - I mean much of the public sector - these should be shut down. If at the end of your first month in power, you have not shut down half of the State, you are failing. If you have shut down half the State, you have made a step in the right direction, and are ready for still further cuts.

HOLA442
HOLA443
The BBC are paid for by a tax falling most heavily on the poor. They have a mission for impartiality, yet over the last decade s they have prompted a middle class liberal left viewpoint, that see's them excuse any anti-west element and play their part in a massive property ramping.

Can this continue?

The poor loved being taxed to watch TV, they love it so more they choose to pay extra tax to sky... The poor will always pay to watch more tv than the majority

HOLA444
The BBC are paid for by a tax falling most heavily on the poor. They have a mission for impartiality, yet over the last decade s they have prompted a middle class liberal left viewpoint, that see’s them excuse any anti-west element and play their part in a massive property ramping.

Can this continue?

The BBC is fairly biased view on many subjects.

But RELATIVELY to the rest of the press it is a bastion of honesty - with core principles that if properly followed would lead it to decent reporting.

The rest of the press is owned by out right scum now and in the past (maxwell, conrad black, the barclays, richard "dirty" desmond, rupert murdoch to name but a few of the filth that control what we hear).

Privatising the BBC would be an unmitigated disaster and I sincerely hope no one here is seriously supporting this campaign which has the backing of rupert "spawn of satan" murdoch

HOLA445
I just want the pre-Hutton BBC back with Andrew Gilligan.

Nick Robo should go and their editorial guidance should be changed not to give all the emphasis to the Government.

Some of their money should be handed to ITN to run a 24 hour news service to compete with Sky and News 24.

Why not put a tax on washing power, and pay that to a few washing machine companies?

If the BBC was not crowding out investment, we could have a range of channels and choose what sort of bias we wanted to hear.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

My initial reaction was close the****ers down and put them all out on the street, but I voted for the privatise option.

I like the 'advert-free zone' that the BBC provides, except in recent times they have increased the branding crap and pushing of their own programmes and other BBC channels to the extent that in some ways it's almost as bad as a commercial channel. Thank heavens for the existence of PVRs.

I also like much of the quality documentaries, drama and wildlife programmes that the BBC commission. Their science and technology programmes are pretrty poor most of the time. Horizon used to be superb, but is now usually so dumbed-down that it's no longer worth watching. The recent programme on fusion presented by Professor Brian Cox was a rare exception.

If there's one bit of the BBC that should be closed, it is their news and current affairs coverage. Now that they clearly see their role as an offshoot of the government's ministry of spin, I can see no justification for them being funded via taxation. IF they could manage to be impartial I would support their continued funding from the public purse, but they'd need to start to recruit people who didn't have what appears to be 'the standard BBC opinion' on all matters.

HOLA449

Can this continue?

the bbc should advertise like all the other channels have to giving it a level playing field across the board, also brown wants to help the unemployed and low paid road tax should be abolished and put on to fuel, so the more you use your car the more tax you pay as pensioners and the unemployed need cars to get shopping and to go to interviews but can't afford to tax cars, also why should we be paying road tax for when its sitting in the garage or driveway, also it would help the enviroment as people would go for more fuel efficent cars just so they can screw the govt out of more tax and people who drive gas guzzlers would pay the price in less fuel efficent cars a fairer way then the rip off road tax

HOLA4410
If the BBC is to be taxpayer funded, the revenues should come from general taxation and the license fee abolished. It works everywhere else in the world that have state broadcasters.

No way! , in that that means I have absolutely no choice in the matter of funding the BBC , while currently I choose not to fund the BBC (and the news clip I saw this morning was at the petrol station)...

HOLA4411
Why not put a tax on washing power, and pay that to a few washing machine companies?

If the BBC was not crowding out investment, we could have a range of channels and choose what sort of bias we wanted to hear.

Yes, the several hundred channels I have on sky are all being crowded out by the BBC competition for ad revenue.. no, wait..

I suspect that a lot of the people comnplaining about BBC bias are complaining more about the BBC not confirming their own biases.

HOLA4412
Yes, the several hundred channels I have on sky are all being crowded out by the BBC competition for ad revenue.. no, wait..

No because the BBC do not take adverts, but can you really see 2 or 3 new broadcasters opening up into the UK market with the BBC.

However without the BBC a range of digital channels from other networks could open up in no time.

I suspect that a lot of the people comnplaining about BBC bias are complaining more about the BBC not confirming their own biases.

This is exactly correct. But would you be happy having to pay a tax to the Daily Mail to read any paper, including the Guardian. I think not.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
BBC is paid for by people resident in the UK that own a tv set.

if you dont want to get rid of your tv set, do something else. :unsure:

I have, I refuse to pay a single penny to those corrupt left wing bastards.

However, I would be happy to have a TV if I could have one without having to prop up the Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

Archived