House Price Crash Forum

If Anyone's Interested

Killer Bunny

HOLA441

It was certainly an interesting evening. Lots of technicals to indicate still falling however price of course indicates potnetial retest 1112. If breaks and holds above 1118 then possible retest 1150.

Exactly as I wrote some days ago - 1112 a good short with stop 1123.

yep, yesterday was interesting, lots of the rallies into early morning reached neat fib retraces. Personally i am of the same opinion as early Jan of a 15 % ABC correction on most indices and see the rallies of the last couple of weeks as countertrend consolidations, particularly good counts on the Dax and Honk Kong, im sticking with the original shorts open at this point but i get a sense that today is quite important

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

You've been had...:P

http://ftalphaville....shall-collapse/

EDIT: more here...could model yourself on him? :lol:

http://ftalphaville....e/?inprogress=1

The septic bow-tie wearing snake oil salesman or the travels between Milton Keynes and Monaco going thin on top seminar selling snake oil salesman?

Did I not mention my Monaco connections before? :unsure:

Edit: Your dollar adjusted SPX does look interesting DJIA - Thanks for posting!

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA445
since when he has been involved in mobile communications, premium rate telephony, interactive gaming, publishing and television and financial trading

Translation: since when he has bought a mobile phone, rung 0898 chat lines, played COD on his PS3, blogged, watched SKY and opened an IG index account.

HOLA446
Critical Insight on Where to Invest and How to Protect Assets Offered (MMD Newswire) August 12, 2009 – - Multi-millionaire trader, Vince Stanzione, predicts a lot more doom before the next boom.

This veteran trader is warning stock market investors that the worst is yet to come and now is the time to start getting out of stocks not in. His proprietary trading model calls for a fall of at least 20% in the S&P 500 within the next 4weeks and for a sharp up move in the US Dollar and T Bonds.

http://vince777.wordpress.com/2009/08/16/stock-market-rally-on-borrowed-time-warns-multi-millionaire-trader/

He's sh1t then.

HOLA447

:ph34r: we'll see after that overweight female pumps out a tune I s'pose.

I hope he's sh1t - but that's not the same as he is. But on the balance of probability I would guess he is. Even if he's right, it'll be luck. Whereas if we're right, then then clearly that will be a matter of skill - especially given these tremendous headwinds. Not feeling all that comfortable today tbh. Better make another cup of tea.

The article was 12th August 2009. :P

Shall we have a snowy scene from Chamonix ? Check out the campervan half buried in the foreground.........

2nrdf1e.jpg

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA448

more headwinds - existing home sales about 0.5m down

EDIT: I can't believe what is being thrown at the market and it just won't shift down.Thus far - but do we reach a point where enough is enough?

Perhaps so. But the signs are still saying 'buy' weakness to me. Maybe there's an expectation of a denouement to the Greek tragedy in the pipeline? Maybe it's waiting on a dollar retracement?

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA449

Perhaps so. But the signs are still saying 'buy' weakness to me. Maybe there's an expectation of a denouement to the Greek tragedy in the pipeline? Maybe it's waiting on a dollar retracement?

presumably (throwing in my amateur opinion).... SOME of the 'support' for the FTSE is coming on the back of the decline in the pound over last month or so?

PLUS, it is last day of the month as well?

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4410

Master - please send me your address so I can send you a cheque.

My usual seminar fee is £3,995 but since it's you I can give you my 'gold' client discount so that's a remarkable £2,995 (cash preferred, used notes, low denomination).

HOLA4411

The 6 phases that define a Bear and a Bull Market

Bear:

Warning Phase: Close below the 50-period MA. Close above the 200-period MA. The 50-period MA is above the 200-period MA.

Distribution Phase: Close below the 50-period MA. Close below the 200-period MA. The 50-period MA is above the 200-period MA.

Bearish Phase: Close below the 50-period MA. Close below the 200-perod MA. The 50-period MA is below the 200-period MA.

Bull:

Recovery Phase : Close above the 50-period MA. Close below the 200-period MA. The 50-period MA is below the 200-period MA

Accumulation Phase: Close above the 50-period MA. Close above the 200-period MA. The 50-period MA is below the 200-period MA.

Bullish Phase: Close above the 50-period MA. Close above the 200-perod MA. The 50-period MA is above the 200-period MA.

HOLA4412

Mmm, we've had one hell of a ~21 day warning phase and a little slip will put many indexes back there. ADX still indicates a down trend just below 20, currently getting more shallow though. Guess we'll probably know next week, either I'll be blown out of my small short position or not :rolleyes::o. Any more indicators to consider?

Edited by DarkHorseWaits

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

FTSE may be up but banking and insurance shares are very down. Financials often lead.

Also, $ on very good bid.

I can't see the bull picture at all. We are very strongly in Bear Warning and rapidly moving to Bear Distribution.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Pru cash call for mega acquisition

Why can't i trade my Prudential shares?

I've got 5000 which i bought at 257 . I'd rather not fund their take-over , how long will the shares be suspended and will they tank as soon as the market is opened for them again?

HOLA4418

gbp-under-attack.jpg

The FT has just received an email from Jim Rogers retracting his retraction that sterling will crash within two weeks (not really - I made that up).

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA4419

gbp-under-attack.jpg

The FT has just received an email from Jim Rogers retracting his retraction that sterling will crash within two weeks (not really - I made that up).

hmmm, well its reached the 8 month double top target and with all the negativity on sterling now in the media and also on this site, i certainly wouldnt want to be short of it.

I think this site might be a good contrarian indicator, whenever there are at least 4 threads on main page on a market be it currency , gold or stock its best to get out or on the other side

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4420

The pound represents 11.9% of the dollar basket.

The Euro is 57.6%

I think you'll find that the bulk of the change in the value of the dollar index is from the Euro-dollar exchange rate with an above normal contribution from the pound's fall.

But the dollar rising does not explain the bulk of the move down in the £ versus the dollar.

Yes I was aware of the %ages.

Your point was that the financials were down because of Pru. My point was that fins lead the market and $ appears to be 100% confirming this.

HOLA4421

hmmm, well its reached the 8 month double top target and with all the negativity on sterling now in the media and also on this site, i certainly wouldnt want to be short of it.

I think this site might be a good contrarian indicator, whenever there are at least 4 threads on main page on a market be it currency , gold or stock its best to get out or on the other side

MACD, Histogram and Stochs indicate further to go down v $.

All through last year every other day or week there was a 'Black Monday, Tuesday etc' thread. Good calls, every single one of them!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

but it turns out I was amusingly close

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2010/03/02/162521/vince-stanzione-sterling-showman/

Stanzione has seen fit to issue FT Alphaville with another press release on the imminent collapse of sterling.

HOLA4424

IMO the election factor is simply a convenient story for Soros or whoever one may want to blame (evil speculators). However it's plausible and easily understood, and that's what's helping make it work.

Surely this is going to remain a factor until at least the election, presumably in May. I'm expecting a Tory majority - the UK electoral system does not deliver hung parliaments very often - it's designed to provide clear majorities, even on low vote shares e.g. 2005.

Under this scenario, one would expect the usual post-election rally in shares and greater confidence in GBP, at least in the short term.

HOLA4425

Big reversal last night. If red bar this evening then retest of minor low 1105/6.

If follow through past 1123 (remember I said about a stop there some days ago) then retest of 1150.