House Price Crash Forum

Dog With Phone Cord Wrapped Around Neck Dials 999

inflating

HOLA441
HOLA442

Surprisingly easily done. I have dialled 999 twice by accident.

On the first occassion, I was fitting a phone to a wall, and did not bother to unplug it. During the process I must have held the 9 key down.

A few minutes later I had a call from emergency services checking I was all right.

On the second, I dialed a normal number but a fault connected me to emergency services.

All the dog had to do was keep pressing the 9 (obviously) but if something was pressing on that particular button it would be only a matter of time before 999 is dialled.

Also, dogs have their own secret emergency number.

HOLA443

Surprisingly easily done. I have dialled 999 twice by accident.

On the first occassion, I was fitting a phone to a wall, and did not bother to unplug it. During the process I must have held the 9 key down.

A few minutes later I had a call from emergency services checking I was all right.

On the second, I dialed a normal number but a fault connected me to emergency services.

All the dog had to do was keep pressing the 9 (obviously) but if something was pressing on that particular button it would be only a matter of time before 999 is dialled.

Also, dogs have their own secret emergency number.

:) Oh but a big paw on a dog pressing accurately enough to hit 112 or 999? It's a bit unlikely. I tried to train a dog to press anything with his paw some years ago, it was impossible for him to be nimble enough to press less than 2 buttons at a time. There is just a slight chance, IMO, the dog dialled 112, but I really can't believe it

HOLA444

:) Oh but a big paw on a dog pressing accurately enough to hit 112 or 999? It's a bit unlikely. I tried to train a dog to press anything with his paw some years ago, it was impossible for him to be nimble enough to press less than 2 buttons at a time. There is just a slight chance, IMO, the dog dialled 112, but I really can't believe it

Reminds me of the Simpsons - Homer puts on weight to qualify for workplace disability, but he has a heart attack at home and tries to ring 911 - his fingers are so fat he keeps mashing the keypad and ends up with the talking clock service.

911 is also an emergency number in the UK - dialled it a few months ago by mistake when accessing my answer service.

Anyway, funny quote from the article: "Lydia Brown, the daughter of George's owner, expressed equal amazement at the Basset's lifesaving feat, telling The Sun, "He's really dopey and just likes to chew socks.""

HOLA445

911 is also an emergency number in the UK - dialled it a few months ago by mistake when accessing my answer service.

I never knew that - so the UK has now adopted the US's SOS number! In Poland, 999 also gets you all the emergency services - but you can reach an individual emergency service by dialling 997 etc.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I always thought that any digit repeated 3 times will dial the emergency services - 111, 222, 333 etc.

That's not the case.

It's just 999 and 112 (possibly 911 now too) this is the reason you dial 9 for an outside line from your office.... 9999, 99999 or 99999999 etc etc if it's really serious and your just hitting that button in panick :D

HOLA4413

Believe it or not my dog text me 3 times a day ;)

HOLA4414

I always thought that any digit repeated 3 times will dial the emergency services - 111, 222, 333 etc.

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. The others are potentially the first three digits of a local phone number.

HOLA4415

Archived