House Price Crash Forum

Gerald Celente Talks About 2009

GregG

HOLA441

This guy Gerald Celente is one of the most respected and accurate economic forecasters in the world. He has a formidable track record of being accurate. Google him and check his track record. He is regularly featured in the MSM because of his track record of getting it right.

Art Bell interview, well worth listening to.

Interesting as he predicts final capitulation in the US in February 09 and massive civil unrest in Europe and America.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CtpsV0zMM3s

Part 1 of 4. Other parts available at the YouTube site.

HOLA442
HOLA443
1000 trend forecasters and one proves correct to some degree. Hmmm. Gives no indications of the future I think.

;)

Garbage. Celente is well respected for getting it right over the past few decades and is often in the mainstream US media. He is unique. How many other trend forecasters are respected by main stream media? Name some of these 1000s.......

HOLA444
HOLA445
This guy Gerald Celente

indeed, i tried in a few threads to convey the gravity of the nature of this guy basically confirming the worst case scenarios in relation to the dollar etc but i was met for the most part with predictable disbelief, the tendancy for people to imagine things will continue pretty much as they are forever (despite the lessons of history) wins out even with so called intelligent individuals 90% of the time celente coupled with this latest report from europe anticipation group pretty much nails it for me first quarter next year will see unimaginable (for most people) change.

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-30-is-availa...this_a2567.html

HOLA446
HOLA447
Garbage. Celente is well respected for getting it right over the past few decades and is often in the mainstream US media. He is unique. How many other trend forecasters are respected by main stream media? Name some of these 1000s.......

So you are saying he can predict the future? Correct trend analysis selects itself over time but is no great indication of prowess.

Edited by Hancial

HOLA448
By February, there'll be major bankruptcies in the retail sector, leading into the collapse of the commercial real estate market that'll be worse than the problems with home mortgages, he warned. He sees a global depression taking hold in 2009, and protests by students and/or workers related to the economy coming in the Spring.

Pffft... that was our call months/years? ago.

HPC is fast becoming the "go to" site for accurate predictions of the future. The consensus on this forum invariably comes to pass!

HOLA449
Pffft... that was our call months/years? ago.

HPC is fast becoming the "go to" site for accurate predictions of the future. The consensus on this forum invariably comes to pass!

Is this thread from 2007 perchance?

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4410
So you are saying he can predict the future? Correct trend analysis selects itself over time but is no great indication of prowess.
US capitulates? What does that mean?

systemic collapse= constitutional crisis, currency collapse,riots, tax revolts,mass civil disobedience, martial law, cats and dogs living together, all the bad bits of bible etc

total collaspe of the worlds dollar based debt money system probably coinciding with several wars and revolutions coups etc..repatriated (investor panic at the situation in the US) dollars flood home to the US producing a hyperinflationary depression. (like weimar germany)

So you are saying he can predict the future?

it is not so much what he is saying but who is saying it for this guy to basically come out with these types of predictions/trends etc is the point, even if he is half right it is still world alteringly bad stuff that will happen within a few months.

look at the record of the mans research group he has a very impressive record, then combine it with the other source who i provided a link to before, they have a 80+% hit rate on there predictions etc plus the other research i have done and the situation in pakistan/iraq/iran/ etc

basically after obama gets inaugerated the lid blows off and quite possibly his birth certificate issue will be part of it either staged or deliberate to effect martial law etc.

HOLA4411

Capitulates means surrender in my book.

TO me a capitulation would be a leave it to the market approach.

The end of the recession would come quickly, but painfully.

What The Uncle describes is the continuation of the fight to contain it.

HOLA4412
Capitulates means surrender in my book.

TO me a capitulation would be a leave it to the market approach.

The end of the recession would come quickly, but painfully.

What The Uncle describes is the continuation of the fight to contain it.

i take your point, that to me would mean surrender to massive deflationary spiral which if allowed to happen whilst protecting the value of the dollar would result in a generational depression. and ultimately a failed state via the unfunded liabilities issue anyway the erosion of goverment power and possible secession of states from the union make this an unlikely scenario in my book,but by no means impossible.

if done without protecting the dollar the situation is pretty much what we have now leading to what celente is predicting for the most part.

as far as containing it i see the reasoning but i must say that while they may say we are fighting it they are actually letting it happen to avoid paying out on all there debt and inflating a good deal of it away via inflationary default while having a credible position of " we are going through a constitutional crisis" and then blame the inflationary collapse on a collapse of confindence by the rest of the world when they created the crisis to provide the excuse....not such hard scenario to imagine given the average persons understanding of these issues, the dollar system could be reformed from some point however it would be at a fraction of its current buying power, say 15-30 %...IMHO, this would of course lighten the burden of the unfunded liabilites of the dollar considerably also assuming some form of partial repudiation of the obligations and a massive rollback of spending etc.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
indeed, i tried in a few threads to convey the gravity of the nature of this guy basically confirming the worst case scenarios in relation to the dollar etc but i was met for the most part with predictable disbelief, the tendancy for people to imagine things will continue pretty much as they are forever (despite the lessons of history) wins out even with so called intelligent individuals 90% of the time celente coupled with this latest report from europe anticipation group pretty much nails it for me first quarter next year will see unimaginable (for most people) change.

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-30-is-availa...this_a2567.html

First reference I saw re. him on here was from Uncle Rogi.

HOLA4415
the best indicator is actually this site.

its a cross mix of the nation. all areas. rich and poor.

everything that's been said here has more or less happened.

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't you think that is because _everything_ is being predicted on this site. Even the end of the world is predicted once or twice a week on average. We're bound to get it always right on that basis. :)

HOLA4416
US capitulates? What does that mean?

It means that the BS and bailouts no longer convince anyone that there is light at the end of the tunnel and hope dies. Great Depression 2.0

Interesting as there is another prediction on the web made in May 2008 that the US would default on its soverign debt in Feb 2009, made by the same person who at the same time said there would be a significant failure and a stock market crash in mid-sep 2008 (Lehman's was 15th Sep).

HOLA4417
This guy Gerald Celente is one of the most respected and accurate economic forecasters in the world. He has a formidable track record of being accurate. Google him and check his track record. He is regularly featured in the MSM because of his track record of getting it right.

Art Bell interview, well worth listening to.

Interesting as he predicts final capitulation in the US in February 09 and massive civil unrest in Europe and America.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CtpsV0zMM3s

Part 1 of 4. Other parts available at the YouTube site.

We shall see soon enough.

Predicting the crash of the credit bubble was easy enough, though not the precise timing.

Getting the full geopolitical and economic fall out right is a whole different ball game.

Given that the meltdown in the credit markets started in August-September 2007 Celente predicting the 'Panic of 2008' in November 2007 was not exactly hard

Nor do you have to be Nostradamus to see that rising unemployment, declining earnings and financial instability is likely to lead to political turmoil as is already evident in Iceland and Greece. Given that politicians will try to deflect discontent outwards at external enemies I think we are more likely to see trade wars and the real wars rather than simple societal collapse. But this is just a guess based on the historical evidence of the 1930s not any futurology

It is also worth noting that Celente singularly failed to spot the commodity bust that took place in the second half of 2008.

Nor did the dollar blow up in the way he had predicted despite the Stakanovite efforts of Bernanke and Paulson to inflate the US economy. In fact reading the 2008 output from Celente organisation I would say that the general success rate was little more than average and most of that was simply down to predicting that the financial collapse that began in 2007 would continue.

http://www.rense.com/general80/tjwinter08.pdf

I am always suspicious of claims that a person predicted things such as the fall of the Soviet Union etc without any an supporting evidence. Similar claims can be found for many astrologers such as Noel Tyl but their true record is patchy at best (most of Tyl's 'Predictions For A New Millennium' have proved to be simply wrong),

By the way anyone know any more about GEAB (an offshoot of this lot - http://www.globalresearch.ca/). The parent organisation was founded two days before 9/11 which should give the conspiracy theorists some fun. Interestingly, their on line store is happy to take your nasty fiat US dollars, Euros and GBP which seems strange given the forecasts.

Any way for those who are interested here are my predictions for 2009.

1. The weather on any day will probably be the similar to that of the previous day.

2. The financial markets will fall except on the days when they do not

3. Most trends will continue until they stop.

4. A horse will win the Derby.

Edited by up2nogood

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
the best indicator is actually this site.

its a cross mix of the nation. all areas. rich and poor.

everything that's been said here has more or less happened.

Really? It will be interesting too see whether that continues;

I'm eagerly waiting for house prices to fall by the 125% shouted in vivid colour on here.

I'll be interested to see both Labour and Conservative win the next election - an election that occurs in both early 2009 and 2010.

And it will be fascinating to see the death of the free market solving the economy through the application of the free market.

HOLA4422

interesting, he predicts the collapse of retail and commercial property followed by revolution.......

I dont think the Americans have it in them, too dispersed, locallised riots maybe, but not fullscale revolution unless hes thinking that the army intends to section of california and call it a new state or something like that.