House Price Crash Forum

Government To Back Interest Payment Deferral Scheme

A.steve

HOLA441

Doesn't matter whether it works or not. The fact he even said it was repugnant. It grates when he says he does things for HARD WORKING FAMILIES. In truth, he grinds the into the ground and instead helps dole-ites, immigrants, financiers and the like.

I'm so f**king angry this morning. Walking round the office with a face like thunder - everyone asking

"are you OK"

What can I say - thats what pi55e5 me off most about this whole debacle - every fibre of me wants to scream out.....

"MY ******ING TAX MONEY IS BEING USED TO SUPPORT A PONZI SCHEME WHICH IS PUNISHING RESPONSIBILITY AND REWARDING FU**ING IDIOCY THUS DELAYING THE INEVITABLE,DEVALUING MY SAVINGS, AND KEEPING ME & MINE LIVING IN SHIT WHILE WE KEEP GREEDY W4NKERS IN THE MANNER TO WHICH THEY HAVE BECOME ACCUSTOMED"

What would they say?

"Thats terrible sbn, who are these awfull people? - I cant beleive this is happenning to you. Is there anything I can do to help? Still the news about the mortgage bailout is good isnt it - house prices might stop dropping now - so cheer up"

what would I say?

so this is what I actually have to say....

" Oh I'm OK really - just got a bit of a cold"

:ph34r:

Maybe it's time to vote.. BNP? ;)

(That was partly a joke... the way I'm feeling, though, I' disgusted with all the main parties. Completely useless.)

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Most of you johnny come latelys ;) won't remember but back in 2005 or 2006 good old Gordon announced plans to help struggling families on to the housing ladder with far reaching plans with millions of tax payers money, the board was awash with the crash is off types but it made no difference what so ever.

If that's the one I'm thinking of then it ended helping 3 people to date. Yes. Three.

Although I'm sure it was helpful to those employed to administer the scheme...

HOLA443
Guest Mr Parry
Doesn't matter whether it works or not. The fact he even said it was repugnant. It grates when he says he does things for HARD WORKING FAMILIES. In truth, he grinds the into the ground and instead helps dole-ites, immigrants, financiers and the like.

(That was partly a joke... the way I'm feeling, though, I' disgusted with all the main parties. Completely useless.)

Tom,

NO!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

er - yup....... that'll solve things how?

To be honest, every time I turn round to see who is dry-F***ing me up the ar5e, I see a WHITE face. GB, AD, FSA, CML, BANKS, CHAVS the list is endless.

I do not know much about Islam, but I do know this - they are not allowed to charge interest on loans - they have specially constructed financial packages to get around it. It seems to me Asian culture frowns apon debt and supports hard work - though I can not back this up, its just a feeling I get.

Yes, in the back of my mind, Islamic fundamentalism scares me a bit - makes me wary of suspect packages etc. but when you compare it to the constant injustice, idiocy, greed and pain that my fellow white countrymen have infested this country with.......

well to be honest if there was a party at the opposite end of the scale to the BNP - they'd probably get my vote. TBH - Islam is looking quite tempting to me at the moment.

HOLA447
If that's the one I'm thinking of then it ended helping 3 people to date. Yes. Three.

Although I'm sure it was helpful to those employed to administer the scheme...

I assume it's the same.

I stand corrected, Browns announcement helped 3 people, crash is off :lol:

HOLA448

Well here's a strange thing. At the time of the London mayoral election there was a site up where you could answer 20 or so questions and it told you which party had policies best suited to your views and when me and my girlfriend did it, it came back BNP for both of us. So I looked at the BNP website. Apart from the racism bit their policies are approximately those of Michael Foot or Arthur Scargill. As I live in Tower Hamlets (where another 2 versions of the BNP, respect and respect mark 2, have a very sound footing) I almost put them down as my second preference to Boris, but couldn't bring myself to do it in the end.

HOLA449
OK,

It's time I revealed my true identity. :lol:

I'm Gordon Brown.

Wotcha HP Crashers.

Fooled you there. You thought I'd let the housing market go bust and make all the hard working people suffer.

Now run along and get yourselves a send income. Save up like everybody else, cut your cloth to suit your purse and I'll see you on the housing ladder. :P

Sorry Sibley but there is no housing ladder to get on, its a housing snake. :lol:

HOLA4410

From FT Alphaville this goes further on the possible impact of this plan on RMBS's - apparently Moody's reckons it ain't good, and in particular, the lending bank may be required by the terms of the RMBS to repurchase any loan which takes advantage of the new scheme.

Not good for new lending, then.

HOLA4411
From FT Alphaville this goes further on the possible impact of this plan on RMBS's - apparently Moody's reckons it ain't good, and in particular, the lending bank may be required by the terms of the RMBS to repurchase any loan which takes advantage of the new scheme. Not good for new lending, then.
The scheme may lead to liquidity shortfalls in some transactions by effectively increasing the amounts of delinquent loans; eligible borrowers may cease all payments whereby previously they may have been able to maintain at least some or all of their payments. Additionally the economic environment, and crucially house prices, may fail to improve or even worsen resulting in a lower recovery value and thereby increasing the ultimate credit loss to the transaction.

If a significant number of eligible borrowers in a transaction choose to exercise this option, and they are reported as delinquent, delinquency triggers might be breached earlier. Some of the consequences of a trigger breach in UK RMBS include the prevention of future substitutions, further advances, loan conversions and reserve fund amortisation and typically result in sequential allocation of cash flows in the transaction. Generally such triggers are in place to benefit noteholders, meaning an earlier breach could be positive for the transaction. However, reporting such borrowers as being current could artificially delay trigger breach and therefore negatively impact noteholders.

Furthermore, it is common for UK RMBS transactions to have restrictions on loan modifications and in particular term extensions which, if breached, would require the seller to re-purchase the loan out of the RMBS pool.

Hopefully the banks will pat Gordon on the Head and let a few hundred cases through, while explaining to their

investors they are not really going to risk money on this.