House Price Crash Forum

You Read Hpc For Over A Year, Then One Day...

TTID

HOLA441

Lovely

The HPC data dump is a nightmare isnt it. - Its almost impossible to get it all accross without sounding like a maniac and frothing at the mouth! theres just so much of it to get accross. The enormity of the challenge just highlights to me how much people are kept in the dark. I mean, they really dont have a clue about what really goes on.

I dont envy FP's role one bit.

HOLA442
its not worth doing an entire data dump as it makes anyone sound like a complete nutter, even dump information a file at a time your looked at like a crazy person. I keep my month shut until someone asks me, then I try to slow down and do a word at a time over weeks and weeks....

Same here! Although I've gleaned enough about economics on here to have a HPC-tipped response to all the HPI nutters :)

HOLA443

I'm away on business at the moment. Half an hour ago, I was having breakfast on the hotel patio. The only other guests were three EAs on the next table. Sounded like nice guys, actually. Classy, respectable. Upmarket. They were discussing the general state of the economy, etc., particularly the current earnings cycle, re: Centrica.

One of them asked, "Do you think that the banks are now massaging their figures?"

I couldn't prevent the word, "NOW?!!!!" from exploding out of my throat.

They then made the grave mistake of seeking an elaboration.

I basically gave them a verbal HPC data dump. Comprehensive download of this website via my gob. It actually scared me how much I remembered. Not as much as it scared them, mind. :lol:

I signed off with a recommendation for them to read Fred Harrison.

As they left, I wished them, "Good luck."

I think that they resented the implication that they would need it.

That tasted better than the poached eggs, and they tasted good!

:P

HOLA444
HOLA445
it amazes me how many of the figures from here stay in my head.the arguments are already lined up and ready to go.

nice brekkie,whats for lunch?

Good question. I'm in Louth. The site is in Immingham, but I don't have to go back there today, so I'm going to do the first bit of the day here in the hotel, then check out at 11 and lunch on the road. From the site, I take the M180, M18, M1, M69, A46, M40, A404, M4 to Bracknell, where my client's office is, then wend my way through the lanes to Fleet, where I live.

Because I'm twenty five miles south of the site, I'll have to work out a different route, possibly via Lincoln, so I'll have to suss out somewhere for a bite. I'm hoping for a nice pub lunch, but it will take a bit of research.

HOLA446
HOLA447

its not worth doing an entire data dump as it makes anyone sound like a complete nutter, even dump information a file at a time your looked at like a crazy person. I keep my month shut until someone asks me, then I try to slow down and do a word at a time over weeks and weeks....

HOLA448
then wend my way through the lanes to Fleet, where I live.

TTID,

Sounds like a good breakfast - I had a similar experience with some bankers ( well HSBC Business Bankers, so actually salesmen / administrators not bankers) yesterday - they understand so little of what they do its frightening.

I STR'ed from Fleet in late 04 - Church Crookham to be precise, the Bryant Estate by the Canal - whats been happening to house prices in the area since - have I missed out or has Elvetham Heath kept a cap on prices?

Just wondering?

Regards

SB

HOLA449
HOLA4410
I basically gave them a verbal HPC data dump. Comprehensive download of this website via my gob. It actually scared me how much I remembered. Not

The problem with the HPC data dump is that it's a lot of info and understanding built up over some time. When dumped on the individual it has the effect of completely washing over them, they can't compute it all and therefore I've learnt to break things up into bitesize portions.

My uncle called me the other day (I never see him, let alone hear from him) on the recommendation from my mother to talk to me about the housing market as he wasn't sure whether to buy or rent. Funny how people now want to listen. My parents are STR on my recommendation, and that wasn't easy and are now loving their position with £2k interest everymonth and house prices crashing. so I'm the best thing since sliced bread in the family now.

Nearly one hour on the phone to my uncle and I was still going and I felt like I hadn't even scratched the surface. Luckily he was fairly up to speed so could handle most of the content.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest X-QUORK

Data dump? I'd have just gone for a good old fashioned dump-dump and left them to mull over that with their grapefruit juice.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Data dump? I'd have just gone for a good old fashioned dump-dump and left them to mull over that with their grapefruit juice.

Love it!!

Surely a competition beckons

£5 to anyone providing (unphotoshopped) evidence of them curling one out in a foxtons dorway

£10 If its during opening hours

£15 If its inside

£50 If its on a desk

I think £20 would be a fair sum for a cleaveland steamer on one of their tw4tmobile bonnets.

HOLA4415

I try to restrict it to "im just waiting for the crash" whenever house buying comes up and then walk away. They didn't want to hear before, so why try to save them now? I'm not an effing messia.

HOLA4416