• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
You beat me to this one R&R :(

This is the tip of the iceberg in the worlds least efficient education system imo :( , plenty of room for further cuts .

now how do you pay the morgage

when your tenants keep disappearing?

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/na...ek-1567019.html

rock on!

HOLA445
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business...e-14091222.html

"In Scotland, where he fought for two years to be allowed to build a controversial €1.2bn golf and luxury homes complex on an unspoilt stretch of the Aberdeenshire coast, members of the Scottish parliament are questioning if the project will ever now get built. "

Doubt north antrim can expect a Trump " goldrush" ;)

"He is being sued by Deutsche Bank, which provided loans for the project and says he missed a deadline this month to pay off the remaining $334m. Mr Trump got his own suit in earlier, claiming Deutsche should have allowed an extension because the credit crisis counts as an act of God. "

All bulls take note , the answer to debt is prayer :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Planning department take note.

Get your finger out your costing the province jobs in construction, retail, etc.etc.

Trump golf complex LOST

John Lewis store 5 YEARS STILL NOTHING

B&Q Newtownards 6 YEARS ?????

To name a few.

How many more thousand jobs are these lazy feckers going to jepordise ???

Sack them all and bring in hard working people with some wit !!! :angry:

MISS JONES

HOLA446
now how do you pay the morgage

when your tenants keep disappearing?

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/na...ek-1567019.html

rock on!

RnR - It reminds me of this topic that I started over here: Poles upping sticks, last one out please turn off the lights

The topic raised a few light hearted responses at the time (April '08) - maybe I was too far ahead of the curve at the time. If I were a landlord in ROI now though I'd certainly be taking things like this fairly seriously.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Very worried MJ , i actually agree with you on that one :blink:

ha

thank f its not just me

really the planning dept in ni are pathetic

I find it hard to talk of them without punctuating evey sylable with an explative

my family are poorer due to them as I'm sure are a lot of others...

look at bangor seafront

what a f-ing disgrace

thats more down to the council being halfwit inbreeds but still while I'm slagging planing..... :angry:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I was speaking to an accountant in the pub at the weekend. She works for a large belfast firm in their insolvency department. Their department is currently working flat out. She told me the worst thing is the knock on effect. When one company goes bankrupt, the companies they owe money to only get a fraction of what they need to stay solvent.

:ph34r::(

HOLA4412
I was speaking to an accountant in the pub at the weekend. She works for a large belfast firm in their insolvency department. Their department is currently working flat out. She told me the worst thing is the knock on effect. When one company goes bankrupt, the companies they owe money to only get a fraction of what they need to stay solvent. :ph34r::(

My work is tied up more and more with examinerships, receiverships, voluntary and involuntary liquidations. The outcome of the later three is normally around 10p in the £1 settlements whilst in examinership about 50p in the £1 settlements.

There is a lot of humble pie being eaten by the revenue, banks and many other creditors at the moment.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest vicmac64
a person I know had to attend a meeting at their work firm recently, the outcome: 20% pay-cuts across the board

I know of another company that has done the same - its a clever ploy (JCB)did it, but the problem for the daft sheeple that constitute todays employees is this........

Most of the companies will still go ahead with redundancies within a few months of deceiving their employees into taking pay cuts.

This way employers get two bites at the cherry..............

Edited by vicmac64

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
I'm sure I am not alone but my pay is eurozone sourced.... my job is becoming increasingly secure because I am actually paid in pounds (fixed) so I am doing the same job as my euro colleagues but it is costing about 40% less!

well on the flipside of that

I don't make a lot of money but I priced 4-5 jobs for a german company about 4 months ago in euros

and I usually do for my rep of eire jobs so I should be a few hundred up in the first few months of next year

should make up for being stiffed on exchange charges at the bank (get paid by cheque usually)

but not enough to make up for the loses on savings interest

i expect by the second half of next year to be short on work so if I'll probably need to be less choosy about the comisions I take

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
99 jobs 'to go' at car parts firm

Almost 100 people could lose their jobs at the Ryobi car parts factory in Carrickfergus, County Antrim.

The firm said it wanted to make 99 redundancies, but a trade union said it feared further job losses would be announced in the New Year.

Jackie Pollock of the Unite trades union said it was a "devastating bolt out of the blue" for staff.

A spokesman for Ryobi said "discussions are ongoing with employees".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7786488.stm

HOLA4425

The biggest news for the Northern Ireland economy today was the Fed's decision to slash the US base rate to zero:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7786282.stm

The world's largest economy has just seriously escalated the slow burn game of beggar thy neighbour floating around the world.

Both the effect of zero interest rates in the US and the likely follow on/retaliatory response from other world economies makes this a crashing step towards possible global deflation and depression.

This is really, really, scary stuff and no-one seems to be paying it the slightest bit of attention.