House Price Crash Forum

Northampton

HouseDog

HOLA441

Spot on...and what will happen when either this has to end or they print more money to continue it ?

All paths lead to a massive HPC. The longer they delay it the worse it looks like becoming.

Assuming it is just a HPC, and not a wider debt ponzi collapse, the next bit of interference we'll have to put up with from the LibLabCon is 'Help to Move' - a scheme to convert negative equity into a student loan style foreverloan underwritten by the Government. As long as they allow the BTL brigade to crash & burn, its a price I am willing to pay.

I don't have a view on what is likely to cause the collapse in confidence or distressed selling conditions that pulls the HPC trigger though...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Just when you thought those self serving a**hole NIMBYs couldnt sink any lower:

http://www.northampt...ldren-1-6638462

"

School fears that 60 proposed houses in Northampton would overlook ‘vulnerable children’"

You could not make this up.

The old people/NIMBYs of England should be ashamed of themselves.

HOLA443

How much longer can this go on for? Looks like our rulers won't be satisfied until every single penny goes towards rent or mortgage payment and we have to make do with nettle soups.

Witness all the articles and programming teaching people how to frugal in all areas of life. Everything except when it comes to haggling on bricks and mortar. If we got sensible prices there's no need to pat yourself on back for spending 5 hours a day cutting coupons.

HOLA444

How much longer can this go on for? Looks like our rulers won't be satisfied until every single penny goes towards rent or mortgage payment and we have to make do with nettle soups.

Witness all the articles and programming teaching people how to frugal in all areas of life. Everything except when it comes to haggling on bricks and mortar. If we got sensible prices there's no need to pat yourself on back for spending 5 hours a day cutting coupons.

It's gone on much longer than I ever expected but I think the end is in sight. There is too much anti HPI now. There are people protesting. There are people pointing out the lunacy of the tory "HELP" schemes.

We've seen the use of the phrase "housing pyramid" in the telegraph.

Everyone on here thinks the London bubble has already gone.

I doubt we will see a repeat of 2014 this year.

I am already seeing 20-30% of listings being drops in the shires at the top end.

I spoke to a friend of mine at the weekend and she was say how she couldnt cope on the income ( 16K a year ).

Holy f**k have things got out of kilter.

HOLA445

Just seen a couple of 3 bed houses listed in Wootton.....250K or thereabouts. These are houses that 18 months ago woould be selling for 175K.

How many in Northampton have had a 30% pay rise in 18 months ?

That sort of meteoric rise eclipses anything seen between 1999 and 2007. You'd now need to be one of the top 5% earners in the country to afford to buy a crappy three bed house on an estate in Northampton....The mind boggles.

I feel sorry for anyone that buys into this. it is going to ruin people for life. I just hope when it collapses a lot of the agents pushing these prices/debt onto buyers loose their livelihoods this time, they deserve nothing less.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA446

Add to that - the council are deep, deep in debt. Anyone with a VI always plays down the problems the town has. Younger generations honestly don't want to/can't see what's ahead of them. I'm planning emigration (Thailand) in 2016 and that will be that. Already heading off there this summer for a bit of a "recce". In this economy, there's no "easy" solution - actually doing nothing is a big "decision".

HOLA447

Add to that - the council are deep, deep in debt. Anyone with a VI always plays down the problems the town has. Younger generations honestly don't want to/can't see what's ahead of them. I'm planning emigration (Thailand) in 2016 and that will be that. Already heading off there this summer for a bit of a "recce". In this economy, there's no "easy" solution - actually doing nothing is a big "decision".

There is only one ultimate outcome now.

They've made money worthless/meaningless now, if everyone looses faith in it then we are in trouble.

A house will be no use to anyone if it all collapses.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Wasn't the same one for sale for £375k a couple of months ago?

]

I think it may have been posted in this thread, but haven't the time to search for it.

At the lower end, supply seems to be crashing to me. At £200K or less within a 5 mile radius there are currently less than 600 houses for sale. on Rightmove. Take away the places on with multiple agents, then even less. Almost 100 of these houses are bungalows. So I'd say there are no more than 450 houses for sale in this search currently. That's incredibly low supply! For any time of year, let alone at the time when things are supposed to be getting busier. In October/November supply at this end was more like 750+. A large part of this 450 number is made up of no chain sales also, so the number of people moving/selling through choice and not enforced circumstance (death, divorce etc.) is extremely small.

IMO the market is now zombified. Few people can afford to be FTB's, and people on the 'ladder' simply cannot afford to 'move up' to a bigger/nicer place.

Where do we go from here?

HOLA4414

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34049913.html

buy, before you miss out.

It;'s gone 2007+40% i you ask me.

Gott in himmel...I used to have family in prime surrey/sw london stockbroker belt...Esher way. Back in 2006 £585k would got you that house on an estate there.

A mass produced 'exec' home on a non-descript estate in Northampton on a tiny sliver of land..love how the view from the 'formal' dining room has a glorious view of the garage wall. Insane. Truly insane.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Gott in himmel...I used to have family in prime surrey/sw london stockbroker belt...Esher way. Back in 2006 £585k would got you that house on an estate there.

A mass produced 'exec' home on a non-descript estate in Northampton on a tiny sliver of land..love how the view from the 'formal' dining room has a glorious view of the garage wall. Insane. Truly insane.

I think anyone with half a brain now can see it.....

HOLA4417

...but....but...don't forget it's Number One Selling Point - Convenient Access to the M1! Buying a McHome in a bland housing estate that was chosen because it saves you 15 minutes of your 50 minute drive to central MK is peak-ambition in Northampton. It really doesn't get better than that. Just keep telling yourself that.

HOLA4418

We were laughing at this sort of house being listed for 250K 18 months ago....and not selling

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49150333.html

Now yours for the free market tory price of £295K.

That's in Brixworth where even at the peak of the 2007 bubble you could buy a LARGE 4 bed house for less than that.

Craziness continues...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Nearby? You really need to get a grip.

Church Way is one of the most prime streets in Northampton and that's a nice house.

There are some tres posh houses there, along with park avenue, booth lane south and that area the locals call Beverly Hills tucked quietly behind Wellingborough Road opposite Westone ... But... three quarters of a million nice? In Northampton, walking distance from Standards Barn and the Favel Centre? Edited by disenfranchised

HOLA4424

There are some tres posh houses there, along with park avenue, booth lane south and that area the locals call Beverly Hills tucked quietly behind Wellingborough Road opposite Westone ... But... three quarters of a million nice? In Northampton, walking distance from Standards Barn and the Favel Centre?

I'm not saying they're not trying it on at that price, I just think that to imply that it's a sh1thole and to go on about the sewerage works which is almost always downwind of that area is over the top.

HOLA4425

I'm not saying they're not trying it on at that price, I just think that to imply that it's a sh1thole and to go on about the sewerage works which is almost always downwind of that area is over the top.

I used to live round there, it stunk of sewerage more often than not.

it's not a dump for sure but it's way too close to the eastern district for my liking.