House Price Crash Forum

Location Tonight

HOLA441

Caught the beginning of this week's ramping.

Apparently Newcastle is the countiy's "jewel of the north". :lol:

I mean - its a good place too have a night but but "jewel" :blink: - c'mon!

Also cue the tired cliches - "young professionals", "snap up" etc. What a load of loathsome cack.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Caught the beginning of this week's ramping.

Apparently Newcastle is the countiy's "jewel of the north". :lol:

I mean - its a good place too have a night but but "jewel" :blink: - c'mon!

Also cue the tired cliches - "young professionals", "snap up" etc. What a load of loathsome cack.

Agreed. My wife comes from there.

I cannot believe that will agree to buy a smaller house some 20 minutes outside Newcastle just so they can have a tiny patch of garden for their kids.

HOLA443

20 years ago Young profession used to be called Office Junior, agreed what of load horse shi**, Slaphead just come out with another w*nk word bingo cliche, "If you snooze you loose", suggeting now is the time to buy, silly man indeed.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Phil just said they (the yong couple) will not lose money on this flat. Is there not some kind of FSA health warning on investments? Sorry, its a house so a guaranteed return investment like sticking your money in National Savings.

I don't think the young man of the couple is too keen. Sensible lad!

EDIT: Mancghirl got there before me. I can't watch ... I think they are going to buy

Edited by Wad

HOLA4412

Oh Christ, the dumbass couple are going to buy the 'fabulous flat' after being confidently reassured by Phil as to recent prices (around a year ago) supporting their move. Pity Phil can't use his famed time-travelling skills to tell them what the price will be one year in the future...

HOLA4413

I'd be interested to see a follow up on this one, for sheer nosiness.

Given that the 'house buying' couple hadn't sold their existing property, a big part of me suspects the chain will collapse.

Its that flat buying young couple I feel sorry for. They were clearly borrowing massively and it will only take the slightest movement to tip them into negative equity.

HOLA4414

Its funny to hear them bleeting on about young professionals - 'yuppies' in my day. 'Yuppies' seem to be one of the most easily subverted groups of people in society, they will fall for any scam going - Young, ambitious and clueless. Their brains are fried from listening to Radio 1 too much.

Wonder what will happen to P & K when the housing market falls to bits? A public flogging maybe??

HOLA4415

I missed the beginning, so don't know if we found out what it was that the 'young professionals' did for a living. As they were looking at flats sub 150k, I'm guessing they weren't lawyers.

It seems that the definition of 'professional' has shifted since I were a lass, to include anyone who has an office job.

Good suggestion, BTW, Punk Bear *prays that come the glorious day of HPC, Dull and Krusty are publicly shot much like Ceausescu*

Edited by Mancghirl

HOLA4416

Indeed, I've made this point over and over

Young professionals was a term dreamt up by companies like Inside Track, this mythical group don't exist

Lowly office monkeys are simply the factory workers of the present day

Have a butchers over landlordzone and places like that and hear them wittering on about this peculiar term

Working in a commercial sales dept does not make you a professional, and I can think of plenty of plumbers who would make far wealthier and more reliable tenants than ******ing office workers

Another pyramid scam myth

HOLA4417

I've probably missed it. But can't find it.

Did I miss it?

What channel was it on/is it on?

Radiotimes seems to tell me it is on, not tonight, on an odd channel I've never heard of called More4

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?...ls_fullpage.jsp

But I have no idea what More4 is - or if it's on this telly thing I've got here.

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

HOLA4418
Guest AuntJess
Its OK, though, the FTBs 'won't lose money on the flat'.....Phil said so. Must be true then.

I wonder what wil happen when all these bods who have been talked into buying now - by Pip-squeak - lose out?

Any chance of them getting tarred and feathered? :lol:

and am I the only one who thinks it might improve their looks? :P

HOLA4419

I do believe that you can view it again via T'Interweb on C4's website.

Young professionals do exist. Its just that they have 'professional jobs' i.e. Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Surveyor, Teacher. This is usually achieved by a period of study and admission to the register of a professional association.

However, in the new 'knowledge economy', anybody who can answer the phone and type at the same time seems to be defined as such. I'm sure it makes them feel better, toiling away in a £12k a year job to 'pay' for a 2 bed flat in Newcastle on an IO mortgage. In fact, in these troubled times 'professional' seems to be coming to mean anyone who is economically active.

HOLA4420
Guest AuntJess
I missed the beginning, so don't know if we found out what it was that the 'young professionals' did for a living. As they were looking at flats sub 150k, I'm guessing they weren't lawyers.

It seems that the definition of 'professional' has shifted since I were a lass, to include anyone who has an office job.

Good suggestion, BTW, Punk Bear *prays that come the glorious day of HPC, Dull and Krusty are publicly shot much like Ceausescu*

...like post-room operative, or as Phil and K. would say "correspondence executive" :lol:

Edited by AuntJess

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
I wonder what wil happen when all these bods who have been talked into buying now - by Pip-squeak - lose out?

Any chance of them getting tarred and feathered? :lol:

and am I the only one who thinks it might improve their looks? :P

A male friend of mine used to quite fancy Krusty... :huh:

HOLA4423
Didn't the FTBs have a £40K deposit (parent's obviously)? If not, the voices are speaking to me again.

IIRC he was a care worker and she was a "marketing co-ordinator" (asked students to hand out flyers?) in manchester.

Well if they had 40k, Mum & Dad must have 'released some equity' *cough*

So, not young professionals then. Just been sold the dream. Like so many others.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
I do believe that you can view it again via T'Interweb on C4's website.

Ta, I had a look, but it looks like it is the "on demand" thing, which needs some other thing ... and it isn't even my TV.

Shame you can't just click and watch.