House Price Crash Forum

Location Tonight

yes precisely.

EXECUTIVE BEVERAGE ADMINISTRATOR springs to mind.

in old english:(the bosses tea lady)

I used to work with a bloke who told us that he had a second job as an 'Entrance Consultant' i.e. doorman.

:lol:

Edited by Mancghirl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to work with a bloke who told us that he had a second job as an 'Entrance Consultant' i.e. doorman.

:lol:

We could have the makings of a new topic here!!!

why not have a look at the jobs on offer...with title,and what they REALLY mean!!!

It'll be a laugh!!!

call it Bullsh1t Britain or something!!

It is sometimes rather amusing to troll through the papers and look at an ad....see a job description,and think "that's way out of my league"....only to find they only want applicants with 4 GCSE's and prepared to take £14k a year!!!...makes me chuckle!!

Edited by oracle

I do believe that you can view it again via T'Interweb on C4's website.

Young professionals do exist. Its just that they have 'professional jobs' i.e. Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Surveyor, Teacher. This is usually achieved by a period of study and admission to the register of a professional association.

However, in the new 'knowledge economy', anybody who can answer the phone and type at the same time seems to be defined as such. I'm sure it makes them feel better, toiling away in a £12k a year job to 'pay' for a 2 bed flat in Newcastle on an IO mortgage. In fact, in these troubled times 'professional' seems to be coming to mean anyone who is economically active.

Just like everyone is 'middle class' these days, even if they dont have the assured carrer, the massive inheritence, the private education that ' middle class' meant some years ago. These middle class proffesional terrace houses all used to be working class and priced as such, perhaps the price of such housing is matching the pretentions of the new inhabbitants.

Just like everyone is 'middle class' these days, even if they dont have the assured carrer, the massive inheritence, the private education that ' middle class' meant some years ago. These middle class proffesional terrace houses all used to be working class and priced as such, perhaps the price of such housing is matching the pretentions of the new inhabbitants.

I'm afraid some of the so-called middle classes are nothing of the sort now.Gone are the days when teachers had to do a serious amount of study to get into the profession.My ex GF qualified a couple of years ago and I had to help her with the maths questions(the ones I saw were about the equivalent of early secondary...not even as stretching as trig)

Guest Shedfish

sorry, i just can't bear to watch that sickening [email protected] spencer. my normally pacifista state of being dissolves if i'm exposed to his pretentious busy busy witterings for even a few seconds.

maybe the winds of fate will one day find him in a pub, spilling my pint...

Professionals, plumbers, prostitutes - I mean who apart from those snobby tossers gives a flying focaccio what the punters do for a living. Slaphead and Krusty are only interested in the colour of their credit, and whether they'll take their advice or fold.

The interesting thing is that in many sectors 'professionals' are very often amongst the lowest paid workers, graduate clinical scientists start around 15K for instance... Most of those people wouldn't even approach the incomes necessary to appear in this shite programme.

Point being that if that bloke was a care worker, he'll be lucky to be making more than 10k, let alone 15k. Also professional earnings do tend to rise after a few years (I'm aware that this is less true for researchers/scientists).

A teacher starts on 19k but after 6 years will be earning around 30k to 35k even without any management allowances on top of their basic salary.

A care worker isn't going to be seeing these type of rises. Nor is a 'marketing co-ordinator'. Whatever the hell that is.

Point being that if that bloke was a care worker, he'll be lucky to be making more than 10k, let alone 15k. Also professional earnings do tend to rise after a few years (I'm aware that this is less true for researchers/scientists).

A teacher starts on 19k but after 6 years will be earning around 30k to 35k even without any management allowances on top of their basic salary.

A care worker isn't going to be seeing these type of rises. Nor is a 'marketing co-ordinator'. Whatever the hell that is.

I was shocked by how they hadn't previously looked at any houses and the bloke just seemed a bit unimpressed by it all. They really didn't seem that bothered, it was handed to them on a plate. Or rather they were handed to seller on a plate. *I didn't watch the whole show* but it was just like being out shopping for a pair of shoes. The wife found something she liked, the bloke grunted and wow, they'd bought a flat. Wedding in a year's time? Hmmm, look before you leap.

I was shocked by how they hadn't previously looked at any houses and the bloke just seemed a bit unimpressed by it all. They really didn't seem that bothered, it was handed to them on a plate. Or rather they were handed to seller on a plate. *I didn't watch the whole show* but it was just like being out shopping for a pair of shoes. The wife found something she liked, the bloke grunted and wow, they'd bought a flat. Wedding in a year's time? Hmmm, look before you leap.

Pretty good summary of the whole thing. He was much more cautious. She wanted the most expensive flat in the most 'exclusive' area.

They were shown a bloody lovely flat in Heaton but when P & K explained that it was an area popular with students and FTB, she looked like she'd been asked to eat a plate of vomit. God forbid they should have to live near the poor people.

He's a lucky fella. :lol:

Bear in mind that "Location, Location, Location" is made by RDF Media which brought you... the Queen apparently walking out of a photoshoot and is one of the independent producers, the BBC is trying to clean up.

In other post a while back, someone mentioned how they made "Homes Under the Hammer." They follow several buyers but only film the successful ones.

if he said that they he can be sued later on if it does.

He offers an opinion. You can't sue someone for having a wrong opinion.

He is not offering them financial advice and, even if he were, you can't sue someone for giving you a wrong opinion.

Financial Adviser 'I think this Fund will give you the best returns'

5 years later it hasn't - you think you can sue him?

Young professionals do exist. Its just that they have 'professional jobs' i.e. Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Surveyor, Teacher. This is usually achieved by a period of study and admission to the register of a professional association.

However, in the new 'knowledge economy', anybody who can answer the phone and type at the same time seems to be defined as such.

Come to think of it, NOT being able to answer the phone and type at the same time is probably the true definition of being a professional - most professionals seem barely capable of writing (e.g many Doctors).

Pretty good summary of the whole thing. He was much more cautious. She wanted the most expensive flat in the most 'exclusive' area.

They were shown a bloody lovely flat in Heaton but when P & K explained that it was an area popular with students and FTB, she looked like she'd been asked to eat a plate of vomit. God forbid they should have to live near the poor people.

He's a lucky fella. :lol:

I walked past that street in Heaton a few months ago. I would certainly prefer just about anywhere in Gosforth.

Call Centre worker = Young Professional

How can a call centre worker be a young professional. There is a socio-economic scale which designates which jobs are professionals and these are accountants, lawyers, surveyors, engineers etc but certainly not call centre workers. There is even a separate section for Managerial.

Anyway I saw this and 150K for a 2 bed is good value where I live but I am not sure about Newcastle. I went there for a night many years ago and had a good time but I do not know what it is like to live. What I did notice was the total snobbery of the couple who did not want to live around students but only "young professionals" when they were not young professionals themselves.

As long as the area is not a war zone what is wrong with a less salubrious post code. They would have saved money and got better value for money if they had gone down this route. I know this is what I would have done.

For the costs involved I thought the other couple should have stayed where they were. All that hassle for a garden. Is it really worth it?

I rather enjoyed it.

Nice to see a young couple find and buy the property of their dreams. The location they chose looked very pleasant, I'm sure they'll be very happy for many years to come.

I thought Phil and Kirsty really liked this couple and were genuinely pleased to help them.

I rather enjoyed it.

Nice to see a young couple find and buy the property of their dreams. The location they chose looked very pleasant, I'm sure they'll be very happy for many years to come.

I thought Phil and Kirsty really liked this couple and were genuinely pleased to help them.

You sketch a picture of a world that sounds nicer than the one we live in.

You sketch a picture of a world that sounds nicer than the one we live in.

Or maybe the group attitude on here of the world "we" live in is too pessimistic?

They didn't appear to be paying over the odds for the property if the recent selling prices in the road were a guide. Phil was at pains to explain to them that there was no easy way to increase the value through improvements so I think he gave a balanced appraisal.

Flat was big enough for them (and a first child) so no immediate reason for another move. Seemed to me a good choice.

I also agreed with her choice not to live in the student area.

150K for a 2 bed is good value

Perhaps that shbould be rephrased

eg '£150k is an obscene amount of money which would take the vast majority of workers in this country ten years to earn (even before Gordon Brown's filthy thieving mitts have lifted half of it) and all it will buy you is a sh1tty little flat. However, we sheeple have been conditioned to believe that this represents a fair exchange'

I rather enjoyed it.

ha ha can I buy some pot off you?