House Price Crash Forum

Gardens Vanish Under 28,000 Homes

Guest Charlie The Tramp

HOLA441
Guest Charlie The Tramp

This is quite common now in my area. A developer buys 2 semi-detached houses with large gardens, demolishes them and hey presto up goes 20 luxury flats from 200k to 500k.

One in three new homes is being built on a former garden in some parts of the country, figures show.

Worst affected is the South East, where housing demand and lack of space are leading builders to concrete over the sites of old homes.

The scale of "garden-grabbing" is certain to intensify calls for ministers to close the loophole that means gardens are judged as brownfield sites, the same classification as former industrial plots.

One in three new homes is being built on a former garden in some parts of the country, figures show.

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Sorry, just spotted a typo your origanal post.

:D:D

Sorry just spotted an incorrect spelling in your reply. ORIGINAL. :P

Luxury, take it up with Bill Gates.

HOLA444
This is quite common now in my area. A developer buys 2 semi-detached houses with large gardens, demolishes them and hey presto up goes 20 luxury flats from 200k to 500k.

Dear God, HPC hurry up so we can put an end to this insane practise!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Dear God, HPC hurry up so we can put an end to this insane practise!

Trashing suburban semi's and existing residential areas is all part of redeveloping "brownfield" sites, what have you got against regeneration of what are delerect industrial wastelands? :lol:

News-speak is a wonderful thing. Your kids playing field is also classified as "brownfield" and will eventually under go the same regeneration. This is the logical outcome and end game of giving oh-so-caring misanthropic countryside campaigners a stranglehold over all development in this country. Their masters in the form of the banks and rich land owners are very pleased with their tireless campaigning for the lowering of living standards for the majority of hard working people in this country.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
It also makes for a very violent society, the populace starts to resemble animals fighting over scarce resources (and needlessly so).

When I look at what we are prepared to put up with, I wonder if it's worth fighting over.

Fight or Flight?

HOLA4412
When I look at what we are prepared to put up with, I wonder if it's worth fighting over.

Fight or Flight?

For the majority of people who earn below or near the medium wage it will get to the stage where it won't be worth working at all, young people will soon realise that even if you do all that is asked of you and work hard you have nothing to aspire to as you have the misfortune of being born too late and are therefore undeserving of any sort of standard of living. If you complain you will be pompously dismissed as 'expecting too much' for wanting a roof over your head and "if only you didn't buy that £100 iPod you could have bought my £300k home that cost me £5k in 1967".

It's an ironic twist, people may love their children more than anything else in the world but this isn't reflected in public policy, as a society we have a collective hatred of our young people, that may sound harsh but you simply have to examine the facts, we saddle them up with student debt and deny them housing then paint them all as out of control ASBO touting hoodies at election time.

However, this is just the start, as the demographic time-bomb progresses and when unfunded pensions and the NHS collapse the majority of the electorate will vote for the bill to be sent to the minority (their children).

HOLA4413
However, this is just the start, as the demographic time-bomb progresses and when unfunded pensions and the NHS collapse the majority of the electorate will vote for the bill to be sent to the minority (their children).

And the funny part is, the kids will have given up on working because they can see it won't get them anywhere...

Sure, you can force people to dig holes in the ground, but you can't force people to do the kind of creative things that justify high salaries and allow them to pay high taxes.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest casaloco

I think I said this a number of time, but without a crash, the eventual result of the current process is:

Old people (babyboomers) vote to pay zero taxes and receive large pensions.

Young poeple pay 60% income tax

Young poeple work for cash-in-hand as cleaners, gardeners, cooks, butlers, servants etc for Babyboomers.

Basically, we return to serfdom.

HOLA4416
...we've run out of land you see, as you're no doubt aware from my signature.

I've just noticed you've changed Campaign for Protection of Whining Nimbys in your sig. to Campaign for the Protection of Residential Equity.

Class.

HOLA4417