House Price Crash Forum

Little Birdy Tweets Again

HOLA441

Once again, the little birdy has tweeted in my ear and has told me that in June, the MPC are going to hold.

Apparently there's nothing they feel they can do now to halt runaway inflation, without crashing both the house market and the economy generally, and they do NOT want to be seen as 'responsible for it'.

As the little birdy's record so far is 1-0 against, take it with however many pinches of salt you like. just thought you might want to know.

tweet tweet.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Once again, the little birdy has tweeted in my ear and has told me that in June, the MPC are going to hold.

Apparently there's nothing they feel they can do now to halt runaway inflation, without crashing both the house market and the economy generally, and they do NOT want to be seen as 'responsible for it'.

As the little birdy's record so far is 1-0 against, take it with however many pinches of salt you like. just thought you might want to know.

tweet tweet.

HAAAAA one nil against?

meaning your little birdy has NEVER been right?

Bet everything including your Y fronts on a rise folks.

HOLA443

tweet tweet.

...but I seem to remember your little bird swore blind there was a 0.5% rise on the cards a couple of months ago. What happened to that? Your "source" sounds like bollx to me unless you can drop the mystery and say in general terms who you have been talking to (if anyone.) Suggesting a hold on interest rates is what the majority of pundits are saying currently for the very obvious reasons in your post, so no prizes to you or your bird...

S.

HOLA444
HOLA445
this bird aint one of them twins off big brother is it

cos they proper numpties they are :)

twins.jpg

Tweet tweet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6705371.stm

NAME: Sam and Amanda

Sam and Amanda are the first set of twins to enter the house. They have their own "Twin Song" which they use to introduce themselves to boys.

As well as studying social work in Manchester the twins also work as promotions girls in a nightclub.

They "find politics confusing" and until recently had never been abroad.

They both believe that "men should always buy women drinks".

post-5211-1180978582_thumb.jpg

HOLA446
...but I seem to remember your little bird swore blind there was a 0.5% rise on the cards a couple of months ago. What happened to that? Your "source" sounds like bollx to me unless you can drop the mystery and say in general terms who you have been talking to (if anyone.) Suggesting a hold on interest rates is what the majority of pundits are saying currently for the very obvious reasons in your post, so no prizes to you or your bird...

S.

as I said, the birdy is 1-0 against. You seem to have some sort of reading disorder. Maybe you should get it checked out. They can probably tell you what part of your anatomy is causing the funny smell, too.

As to the other poster (the one obsessed with y-fronts) - 'past performance is no guarantee of future success' as you would know if you'd ever done anything but schlepp in to your job at McDonalds day in day out. I commend Nicholas Taleb's excellent book to you. Look for the chapter on survivorship bias. It might enable you to take your mind off gentlemen's underclothes for a minute or two.

HOLA447

http://www.hemscott.com/news/latest-news/i...=44770739252249

BoE's MPC will see May's inflation figures ahead of interest rate decision - ONS
The Bank of England's rate-setters will have seen CPI inflation figures for May ahead of their interest rate decision on Thursday, a spokesperson for the Office for National Statistics confirmed.
The nine-member Monetary Policy Committee will be able to see whether inflation moved closer to the bank's 2.0 pct target during the month from April's 2.8 pct.
Many analysts believe that if the MPC had seen March's inflation figures, when inflation spiked to 3.1 pct, they would have raised interest rates to 5.50 pct in April rather than in May.

Hmmm... Is the implication that PropertyGuru's bird knows something about the May CPI figures - perhaps they've fallen slightly (to 2.6 or 2.7%). This would persuade some of the dithering MPC members to keep rates on hold. Current Betfair odds are 1.2 for a hold, 5.7 for a 0.25% rise.

HOLA448

I think it will be a hold too this week, though I do hope for an increase.

Would it be a bad thing (for those wanting a crash) if rates are held ? Maybe, but then it might just encourage people to give that plastic some more action if rates are held. More tellies and mp3 players bought. It may just guarantee a future rate rise if that happens.

HOLA449

tweet tweet.

why are you on here?

with information like this why dont you gamble your wack and buy the best god darn house you like.

HOLA4410
Guest Winnie

We are all falling into the trap of relying on authority to guide proceedings. The wheels have come off the train. neither Gordy nor the bouffoned Merv, nor ant of those dreadful friends of Dr Evil on the MPC have the slightest bearing on what is going to happen soon. They will be impotent bystanders in a tsunami of public realisation and strangulated credit. Thursday's decision - like a boring sideshow played out to a rained off audience...NOT RELEVANT any more. 'Events' have waited too long and now have to take over.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I'm on here primarily to provide some sort of humorous counterpoint to pathetic little nids like you.

Heaven knows, the board needs it.

PG, you come right out of a comic book, so aggressive and immature, a thing without class, distinction or integrity - you have been so horrendously wrong on so many occasions i have no idea why you pursue with your inane predictions. Property Guru? more like property Moron. I would love to continue this pathetic conversion with your washed up, watered down pitiful unconsciousness but i was once warned by a wise man never to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Edited to add a quick tweet tweet, chirp chirp LOL, Keep Singing Loser.

Edited by Impartial

HOLA4414
PG, you come right out of a comic book, so aggressive and immature, a thing without class, distinction or integrity - you have been so horrendously wrong on so many occasions i have no idea why you pursue with your inane predictions. Property Guru? more like property Moron. I would love to continue this pathetic conversion with your washed up, watered down pitiful unconsciousness but i was once warned by a wise man never to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Edited to add a quick tweet tweet, chirp chirp LOL, Keep Singing Loser.

I believe the quotation was :

'Never get into an argument with a fool, people might not be able to tell the difference.'

Or maybe that was a different one.

Incidently, I'm not saying PG is a fool. I have a sneaking suspicion he isn't...

...Not sure why. <_<

HOLA4415

'Never get into an argument with a fool, people might not be able to tell the difference.'

Incidently, I'm not saying PG is a fool. I have a sneaking suspicion he isn't...

...Not sure why. <_<

:-)

no man can stand against the tide... I'll take your advice, these nids aint worth replying to. Nice of themto keep bumping my thread to the top though! It's the forum equivalent of spotty teenage girls screaming at a beat combo in the 60's...

:P:P:P:P

Edited by PropertyGuru

HOLA4416

...Not sure why. <_<

Have to agree with this to , look beyond the attitude and he talks a fair bit of sense and is actually quite funny he couldn't give a flying what people think of him , i mean do we want this forum full of professional bores like Casual Observer { whose sons will inherit the earth } YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN or how about Europa who was once a bear but bought last year and now sh1ts himself that he's done the wrong thing .

HOLA4417

Never argue with an idiot. First of all they drag you down to their level, then they beat you through experience

Therefore PG cannot be beaten :lol:

HOLA4418
Have to agree with this to , look beyond the attitude and he talks a fair bit of sense and is actually quite funny he couldn't give a flying what people think of him , i mean do we want this forum full of professional bores like Casual Observer { whose sons will inherit the earth } YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN or how about Europa who was once a bear but bought last year and now sh1ts himself that he's done the wrong thing .

I had to put CO and Eurinal on ignore in the end - hilarious though their posts were (unintentionally, of course) they both had so little imagination or.. dare I say it? WIT that in the end it became about as interesting as watching turds dry (which I happen to know for a fact is CO's main hobby, and Eurinal's job).

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I wonder why you're targeting CO and Europa :unsure:

I think both give good accounts of themselves, as does PG (apart from the bit about Q1 2007 :lol: )

HOLA4421

You're right he does come up with some interesting points and he cannot be tested when arguing low blows against his opposition.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
I wonder why you're targeting CO and Europa :unsure:

They were just examples , who constantly churn over the same old brown stuff week after week i could give you a whole list if you want , even you who are a albeit harmless confused bull not knowing whats happening in lurverlllly Slough .

How much did you lose in that wallet you left in that cab that night , i read that story so much that i've forgotten it .

HOLA4424
HOLA4425