House Price Crash Forum

Whether And When To Buy

HOLA441
Guest mattsta1964
This is a childish and irresponsible representaion of my website www.FirstRungNow.com - just what you'd expect from this often peurile forum. Is that the best you can do? Reasoned arguement?

I just had a look at your website

What a joke.

It's shocking that people are so naive financially that they believe buying now is a sensible investment.

Did you read what Eddie George said about interest rates today? Naturally it hasn't been posted on the Bliar Broadcasting Corporation website but you can find the article on Sky News.

How do you think all those FTBs who have invested in the property market are going to feel whan they find out the Boe kept IRs artificially low since 2003 FFS?????

The s*it is about to hit the fan and the sooner people like you, debt peddlers, are screwed by the coming downturn, the better. I despise people like you.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
If you think of buying a first home and starting to pay off a mortgage as an investment in your own (and maybe your children's future) rather than an investment from which to make alot of money then the picture looks different. It depends where you want to be in 30 years time - still paying rent to someone else, or comfy under your own now 'free' roof. Your pick.

Yep, now's the time to buy. Right now. buy something, anything, get on the ladder using some exotic mortgage or other. In 30 years time, you'll be happy.

Certainly, I'll get right on it. What was your webite again? I can't find it anywhere. Perhaps you could post it?

P.

HOLA443
If you think of buying a first home and starting to pay off a mortgage as an investment in your own (and maybe your children's future) rather than an investment from which to make alot of money then the picture looks different. It depends where you want to be in 30 years time - still paying rent to someone else, or comfy under your own now 'free' roof. Your pick.

Or I could stick to my plan of buying no earlier than 2010 with an ever-growing deposit :P

I don't fancy spending 25 years paying off a mortgage on an over-priced pile of bricks.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Houseprice Crash has been telling prospective house buyers not to buy for over 3 years now.

Had someone bought 3 years ago they would be alot wealthier than they are now had they carried on renting. Somone who bought a £100k house then, would have gained tens of thousands of pounds in equity whilst others who might ahve heeded your advice have paid a good deal of money out on rent.

What net loss they might have made by listening to houspricecrash!

Those who see the long term merits of buying a first home can find out more at

FirstRungNow.com

equity? released in what way?

MEWing per chance?

HOLA4410
Houseprice Crash has been telling prospective house buyers not to buy for over 3 years now.

Had someone bought 3 years ago they would be alot wealthier than they are now had they carried on renting. Somone who bought a £100k house then, would have gained tens of thousands of pounds in equity whilst others who might ahve heeded your advice have paid a good deal of money out on rent.

FirstRungNow.com

Well.. had they bought 3 years earlier, they would certainly be 'wealthier'.. on paper that is. That 'wealth' is tied up in the house, so unless you sell up one will not realise that profit. Oh and guess what.. for the next house purchase.. it's price will have risen too.. so you either commit all that added 'wealth' into the buy.. or downsize and pay the same amount you did 3 years ago into a small house and walk away with the cash. THEN you make equity.

Once you've put your money into your house.. it's commited to it

I on the other hand have had my massive deposit sat in a high interest account making REAL money. I'm just waiting for the market to fall.. as it will..because we are now in an era where a house is no longer considered a home.. it's a commodity that is open to speculation.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
What's the market like for FTB advice in Poland and is this where you'd like your evidence served:

U1,Sobieszynska 23,00-764 Warsaw,Poland ;)

So she likes the young Polish lads and is partial to a tipple of Polish vodka, you naughty girl.

I went out with a girl called Helen once until she dumped me after spending all my money, never liked the name since.

Ole !

:P

HOLA4413

FirstRungNow.com

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Please explain how much wealthier the person who bought the 100K house is today.

Please explain where the new wealth is.

Is it in cash or other liquid assets?

If not, where is it?

Please describe how they can enjoy this new wealth, without moving out and without incurring further debt.

Please state where they bought this property and what type it was.

And since you chose to spam me and its a slow evening I took the liberty of looking up some publlcly available information.

Domain name: FIRSTRUNGNOW.COM

Administrative Contact:

Adams, Helen Helen@aster.pl

Terlanen

Bethesda Street

Upper Basildon, Reading, Berkshire RG8 8NT

UK

01491 671 647

Technical Contact:

Technical, Host Europe domains@hosteurope.com

Portland Street

Beeston

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG9 2LP

UK

+44.1159170000 Fax: +44.1158770213

Hi Helen Adams of company number 4681001 FirstRungNow Ltd.

Why the Polish email address on the DNS lookup? Wierd.

I remember you. You are the "champion of the first time buyer".

Dont forget to renew your domain on 24/04/07 ;)

Would you be that Helen Adams who dabbles with the ParentAid thing?

And Holidayhomenow,

And joint-ownership.co.uk.

And affordable-housing-uk.co.uk.

Crumbs. Sort of an anything-to-sell-real-estate approach isnt it?

Didn't you used to be at 281 Greys Rd. Beaconsfield? RG9 1QT.

Suppose so. Doesnt appear to have been sold recently.

Can we still get you on 07719 428 548?

Bearing RG9 in mind how many homes sold there three years ago for 100K?

Umm.... That would be none. http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...n=rg9&all=1

Clearly your example above wasnt based on local knowledge.

BTW. Are you FSA regulated? It says on http://www.firstrungnow.com/first-rung-now-about-us.php:

"We are not financial advisors and do not give financial advice or legal advice, "

BUT on the homepage, it says:

"FirstRungNow offers information, news, advice and help for the aspiring first time buyer. We cover all types of help for first time buyers: First time buyer mortgages, first properties, shared ownership, joint ownership, shared equity, joint equity, rent to buy, buy to let and HomeBuy. All you could need - right here!"

You might want to double-check that.

Especially these days when folks are liable to get a bit stretched financially and start looking for people to blame/sue when it all goes the way of the pear.

Still, the old gaff at 281 Grey Road has made a few bob.

http://www.proviser.com/page/property_pric...mp;AREA=rg9+1qt

That should cushion the blow nicely. I would get that into an offshore trust PDQ if I were you before the writs start flying. Mind you, I expect you already thought of that.

HOLA4414
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Please explain how much wealthier the person who bought the 100K house is today.

If not, where is it?

Please describe how they can enjoy this new wealth, without moving out and without incurring further debt.

And since you chose to spam me and its a slow evening I took the liberty of looking up some publlcly available information.

Administrative Contact:

Crumbs - you lot are so far off the mark with your facts that it makes me realise why you talk so much rubbish!! What a joke!! :lol:

Terlanen

Bethesda Street

UK

01491 671 647

Technical Contact:

Portland Street

Beeston

UK

And Holidayhomenow,

Umm.... That would be none. http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...n=rg9&all=1

BTW. Are you FSA regulated? It says on http://www.firstrungnow.com/first-rung-now-about-us.php:

"We are not financial advisors and do not give financial advice or legal advice, "

"FirstRungNow offers information, news, advice and help for the aspiring first time buyer. We cover all types of help for first time buyers: First time buyer mortgages, first properties, shared ownership, joint ownership, shared equity, joint equity, rent to buy, buy to let and HomeBuy. All you could need - right here!"

Especially these days when folks are liable to get a bit stretched financially and start looking for people to blame/sue when it all goes the way of the pear.

That should cushion the blow nicely. I would get that into an offshore trust PDQ if I were you before the writs start flying. Mind you, I expect you already thought of that.

HOLA4415
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

If not, where is it?

Administrative Contact:

Terlanen

Bethesda Street

UK

01491 671 647

Technical Contact:

Portland Street

Beeston

UK

And Holidayhomenow,

nice one old boy ! :P

HOLA4416
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

If not, where is it?

Administrative Contact:

Terlanen

Bethesda Street

UK

01491 671 647

Technical Contact:

Portland Street

Beeston

UK

And Holidayhomenow,

Hypothetically speaking, what are the advantages of moving your business interests to Poland if you are being persued over various matters? ;)

HOLA4417

:blink:FirstRung Now, Firstrung - who is Firstrung?

Here to help aspiring first time home buyers...

FirstRung Now is a website dedicated helping first time buyers.

Launched in 2003, FirstRung Now is an independent company offering help, advice, information and news to aspiring first time buyers across the UK.

FirstRung Now is the UKs foremost and first independent advice site for first time buyers. FirstRung Now was founded and is managed by Helen Adams

For those who want to take the first step onto the firstrung of the property ladder this is the place to come to.

Firstrung offers access to personal mortgage advice from qualified brokers though its partner MortgageAngels. This is the best site for first time buyers who want to take that first important step towards buying a first home.

Although many people refer to FirstRungNow as 'Firstrung' in conversation, it should be noted that the full and proper name is FirstRungNow.

Helen Adams

FirstRungNow Ltd <_<

http://www.firstrungnow.com/first-rung-now...dent-advice.php

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA4418

:quote name='adren' date='Mar 20 2007, 04:49 PM' post='583448']

When all three of the following describe property as a "Mugs game":

1. Your mum/dad/carer

2. Your hairdresser/manicurist/concubine

3. Your taxi driver/plumber/spark

That's the time to buy.

:lol::lol: love it, love it , spot on.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
No answers to my questions?

My, what a disappointment.

Oh well, maybe a query to the FSA will clear it up. What do you think?

You have not received "orders and or threats" you have been requested to cease and desist. Regarding offers, is your company and the Firstrungnow IP for sale? If so what figure did you have in mind?

Helen Adams

Neither my company nor the domain names or trademarks are up for sale, but we would consider any serious offer. There is the opportunity to make alot of money - for the right acquirer. The whole lot could easily be worth over £1,000,000 which is why we are keen to protect it.

that is six noughts?

Helen Adams

Obviously!

Back in the heady dot com days the best valuations were loosely 16 x earnings. Is your profit that high? Circa 100K?

can I ask you what you base your valuation of £1mil on?

Helen Adams

That's confidential. It's what we believe it is worth based on existing and future earnings - our strengths being our standing in the market, our website, our trademark and low cost base and our earning capability. We will not discuss any confidential information about FirstRungNow Ltd.

I have to confess I am surprised by your ambitious valuation, given the metrics available to me and your own submitted figures showing only 800 'hits' (not even visits) a day. Can I ask are you 'serious' and have you had a professional valuation, or are you basing it on your own beliefs regarding a ROI for your time and effort to date, and 'gut-feeling'?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Incredible- self proclamed "property expert" who looks to be breaking just about every financial services regulation in the book.

TBH compliance is a key issue since 'mortgage day' a couple of years back. Although everyone was pertrified at the time, it hasn't been as 'heavy', or onerous as first thought. Having said that you should be v. careful if you are an introducer to explain prominently and early on that you simply introduce and that you are not an AR. "We introduce you to, we are an introducer to" you can "find mortgage solutions" but not offer advice on mortgages or proclaim to be an expert in mortgage advice etc. Early days I regularly got suspicious calls asking for 'mortgage advice' it was always in the same manner, I now know for a fact that it was FSA checking on our compliance. Given we were a relatively new high profile on line company they were ensuring we complied and then gave a slight nudge in the right direction via our mortgage partners. ;)