House Price Crash Forum

Channel 4 Global Warming Debunkment

HOLA441

I am a long-time global warming sceptic, so it's great to see an expose of this scam industry.

I reckon the major governments know it's a load of ballcocks which is why they are doing nothing about it (apart from using it as an opportunity to get the masses to consent to more taxes!).

Just look at what the government is doing, not saying. Taxes on motorists, expansion of airports. There is no way they will damage our economy based on some crackpot science. :lol:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
You'll be one of the cooked frogs then.

Have you watched this and seen the evidence?

CO2 levels have been shown to rise 800 years after the earth's temperature rises (this evidence is the evidence that global warming enthusiasts quote, but gloss over that little detail). What more evidence do you need that co2 does not cause global warming?

Sure you feel fashionable, but you are just another sheep dancing to someone else's tune without thought.

HOLA444

CO2 levels have been shown to rise 800 years after the earth's temperature rises (this evidence is the evidence that global warming enthusiasts quote, but gloss over that little detail). What more evidence do you need that co2 does not cause global warming?

Sure you feel fashionable, but you are just another sheep dancing to someone else's tune without thought.

Do you accept it is possible?

If so what odds would you be willing to take?

Do you think you could do a good job of debunking the majority of work on this subject?

Its a shame theres not two planets because if there was as a gambling man i'd be living on the one that took global warming seriously

HOLA445
Do you accept it is possible?

If so what odds would you be willing to take?

Do you think you could do a good job of debunking the majority of work on this subject?

Its a shame theres not two planets because if there was as a gambling man i'd be living on the one that took global warming seriously

I'll take my chances, thanks. People are just sucked into the hysteria of it. Man's production of co2 is a tiny, tiny fraction of all that produced by nature each year.

It's so typical of the human race to greatly overestimate their own importance, and to think that they can control it! Fools.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I'll take my chances, thanks. People are just sucked into the hysteria of it. Man's production of co2 is a tiny, tiny fraction of all that produced by nature each year.

It's so typical of the human race to greatly overestimate their own importance, and to think that they can control it! Fools.

I haven't seen the programme, but I do recall hearing this theory before.

I think it is quite likely that temperatures are cycles over the millions of years, yes. However, we should all conserve energy and in particular pollution to rivers and the air we breathe because otherwise we are harming ourselves and future generations. Lung cancer kills plenty of non-smokers, and possibly it's from polluted air as well as other factors (not just passive smoking, it's not just smoking at all!). In fact, lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer of all in the West, and whilst smoking is a factor for some it's far from being the only one. Therefore, we should all do what we can to reduce toxins that we release into our environment, period. And saving energy will certainly help - but it's got to be global, not just this small island alone.

Apologies if it sounds like a lecture/speech, but I really think some of us need to realise and use consumer power to make positive change.

HOLA4410

Taking money off of people because of their ignorance.... YK2 bug anyone???????

Though i have no knowledge of planetary movements etc i have often thought that variation is temperature could well be explained by how the earth move in realtion to the sun and other plannets....... just a possibe thory

Where is the games master when you need him..... ;)

HOLA4411

How do you explain the little mismatch then that CO2 levels are at the highest they have ever been on the planet, yet temperatures are not the warmest. Surely if temperatures lead CO2 then you would expect CO2 to have been highest at some point in the past, when the planet was more tropical?

(and no, Earth wasn't its warmest 800 years ago)

HOLA4412

Bring back 2-strokes I say, they will shield us through a cloud and the wicked power delivery will take a lot of the CO2 emitting humans out.

The global warming thing was always bunk

A man sitting on a wild elephant pulls one ear, and it goes left, "I made it do that I did, I did!"

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I watched it and I thought it was brilliant.

For some time I personally suffered from some of the accusations and downright unfair treatment that is handed out to people who dare to question Climate Change. In the end I gave up and went to do something more valuable with my time. When I worked in the area I did it for very little pay but was once asked at a conference: "Do you want to kill your children?" and was then publicly accused of being in the pay of oil companies. I was not.

I endorse the view that Climate Change has become an industry itself and there are a great many vested interests who now have entire careers built on the government money that has flowed from it.

What annoys me perhaps most of all is the sight of the vested interests flying off to their regular conferences and driving around it great big cars when I gave up my car over 20 years ago and have ony taken one short haul flight in the last 3 years and no long haul for over 6 years.

Perhaps all school chidren should be shown this C4 film alongside Al Gore's film and then taught the importance of science and scientific truth.

End of rant.

HOLA4415

A couple of points, when we're talking in a geological time frame, 800 years is a drop in the ocean - far too small to be able to measure with any certainty, so I wouldn't cling to that stat too strongly. CO2 will indeed rise after a period of warming as plants experience increased photosynthesis because of the increased temperature - and during the night most plants release CO2. But again just because increased CO2 happens as an effect, doesn't mean it can't also be one of the intial causes... it's called a positive feedback loop.

Finally sure us greenies might be dancing sheep following fashion, but can you be absolutely sure that you won't have any excessive attachment to any theory, no matter how scientifically dubious, that justifies your own inaction so long as it stops that nagging doubt too? I have no vested interest in accepting the climate change argument... hell you could argue the opposite - I don't drive a car, try to buy local, don't regard shopping as a hobby, restrict flying yadda yadda... theres a whole host of things that I could ditch if I ditched my interpretation of the evidence. I'm just scientifically trained, I've tried to keep up with the literature and that is my general gut feeling. Now do you have a vested interest, no matter how slight, in global warming debunking? Hell it could be something as simple as plain old fear and a worry that you're too small to do anything about it... they are all understandable and rational responses, but equally they are all explanations for a subconscious bias and yearning for the big scary story to be untrue. Sure the debunking story is comforting, but I'd be extra wary of it for that very reason, well that and it's supported by pretty much every dubious corporation on the planet but I digress.

If the mindless greenies are wrong but they force their will on the planet, which is unlikely given that people like Exxon and um all car companies are on the other side, then our whole way of life is likely to have a lesser impact on our environment, we're likely to be less debt-obsessed and consumption oriented, and also far more prepared for future resource shortages... like oil depletion.

I don't know if they discussed the precautionary principle in that documentary but I suggest you look it up. Because, if on the other hand you're wrong, well it's game over isn't it?

HOLA4416

I watched this. Tried to post a thread when it starter but just saw I need an upgrade.

The evidence is overwhelming that man caused global warming is a myth. The facts simply point to other things causing the warming, which isn't even the warmest the earth has ever been. I'm sorry, but this mass hysteria is crazy. What ever happened to the Ice Age hoax in the 70's? Sure, we were all supposed to be ice cubes by now!

They say temperature differences between the poles (north and south) and the equater cause the majority of violent weather effects (hurricanes, etc) and they tell us that global warming will give us even more vericous weather. BUT a hotter climate with overall more balanced temperatures should obviously result in less dramatic weather but that doesn't sell newspapers or win election polls.

Carbon dioxide has no effect on the earths temperature. Temperature increases causes carbon dioxide levels to rise. Higher temperatures causes higher carbon dioxide and lower temp causes lower carbon dioxide. There is a 800 year lag too!!!

A single volcano causes more carbon dioxide than all the cars and buildings in the world! Is this show singlehandedly busting this myth? The computerised results of higher temperatures in 50, 100 years are b*llocks. It may be warmer but these computers need to take into effect comsic rays, Sun Spots and so forth. There is actually more correlation with the earths temperature and Sun Spots rather than CO2 gases.

Temperatures decreased during the boom in the 1930's (I can't remember the decade) when humans increased levels of CO2 and the temperature increased at the start of the recession when CO2 levels were very low!!! hahahaha, a bit damning on their CO2 causing it!

HOLA4417
I am a long-time global warming sceptic, so it's great to see an expose of this scam industry.

I reckon the major governments know it's a load of ballcocks which is why they are doing nothing about it (apart from using it as an opportunity to get the masses to consent to more taxes!).

Just look at what the government is doing, not saying. Taxes on motorists, expansion of airports. There is no way they will damage our economy based on some crackpot science. :lol:

Yep, totally agree.

This Climate Fear crap is just another globalization tool to keep the poor, poor maintain the cheap labour pool. Feminism is another example of a supposedly altruistic cause which in reality was a way increasing taxation.

As always the self appointed intelligentsia jump on the band wagon oblivious to the parallels their fanatical-no-room-for-dissent-movement draws with any number of totalitarian political agendas.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Taking money off of people because of their ignorance.... YK2 bug anyone???????

Though i have no knowledge of planetary movements etc i have often thought that variation is temperature could well be explained by how the earth move in realtion to the sun and other plannets....... just a possibe thory

Where is the games master when you need him..... ;)

Indeed, precessional and obliquity changes do alter the Earth's temperature, and show good correlations with ancient proxy temperature records (coral growth, ice cores etc). They do not expain changes over the 20th century however. These can only be explained when measured CO2 and sulphate gas changes are used to force climate models.

HOLA4420
I haven't seen the programme, but I do recall hearing this theory before.

I think it is quite likely that temperatures are cycles over the millions of years, yes. However, we should all conserve energy and in particular pollution to rivers and the air we breathe because otherwise we are harming ourselves and future generations. Lung cancer kills plenty of non-smokers, and possibly it's from polluted air as well as other factors (not just passive smoking, it's not just smoking at all!). In fact, lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer of all in the West, and whilst smoking is a factor for some it's far from being the only one. Therefore, we should all do what we can to reduce toxins that we release into our environment, period. And saving energy will certainly help - but it's got to be global, not just this small island alone.

Apologies if it sounds like a lecture/speech, but I really think some of us need to realise and use consumer power to make positive change.

That is a sensible argument which I completely agree with. But that isn't what the global warming religion is all about!

It's a modern day doomsday cult which has captured the popular imagination and caused mass hysteria, fuelled by the huge number of individuals who make a nice living and have a glamourous globe-trotting lifestyle on the back of it.

HOLA4421
A couple of points, when we're talking in a geological time frame, 800 years is a drop in the ocean - far too small to be able to measure with any certainty, so I wouldn't cling to that stat too strongly. CO2 will indeed rise after a period of warming as plants experience increased photosynthesis because of the increased temperature - and during the night most plants release CO2. But again just because increased CO2 happens as an effect, doesn't mean it can't also be one of the intial causes... it's called a positive feedback loop.

Finally sure us greenies might be dancing sheep following fashion, but can you be absolutely sure that you won't have any excessive attachment to any theory, no matter how scientifically dubious, that justifies your own inaction so long as it stops that nagging doubt too? I have no vested interest in accepting the climate change argument... hell you could argue the opposite - I don't drive a car, try to buy local, don't regard shopping as a hobby, restrict flying yadda yadda... theres a whole host of things that I could ditch if I ditched my interpretation of the evidence. I'm just scientifically trained, I've tried to keep up with the literature and that is my general gut feeling. Now do you have a vested interest, no matter how slight, in global warming debunking? Hell it could be something as simple as plain old fear and a worry that you're too small to do anything about it... they are all understandable and rational responses, but equally they are all explanations for a subconscious bias and yearning for the big scary story to be untrue. Sure the debunking story is comforting, but I'd be extra wary of it for that very reason, well that and it's supported by pretty much every dubious corporation on the planet but I digress.

If the mindless greenies are wrong but they force their will on the planet, which is unlikely given that people like Exxon and um all car companies are on the other side, then our whole way of life is likely to have a lesser impact on our environment, we're likely to be less debt-obsessed and consumption oriented, and also far more prepared for future resource shortages... like oil depletion.

I don't know if they discussed the precautionary principle in that documentary but I suggest you look it up. Because, if on the other hand you're wrong, well it's game over isn't it?

I agree with you that we should work to reduce waste, recycle and use renewable, clean energy where possible but when top scientists have their work and information butchered to look to back the man made global warming theory you seriously have to ask questions. What happened to the Ice Age hoax in the 70's? Should we listen to everyone predicting the demise of the earth because there's many of them in our street handing out leaflets?

HOLA4422
Indeed, precessional and obliquity changes do alter the Earth's temperature, and show good correlations with ancient proxy temperature records (coral growth, ice cores etc). They do not expain changes over the 20th century however. These can only be explained when measured CO2 and sulphate gas changes are used to force climate models.

And if we dumped as much CO2 as humanly possible into the atmosphere it wouldn't result in a change as great as we have?, even after +/- points

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

It is nice to see a program like this. I am a scientist by trade and it bugs the life out of me that people on the street feel they are qualified to tell me I am talking rubbish by discussing the possibility that the accepted concepts are wrong.

Unfortunately, even with a reasonable presentation of counter evidence, many will just dismiss it on the basis of the evidence the media feeds them... committing the primary sin of the ignorant - failing to address the evidence against them!

HOLA4425