House Price Crash Forum

The Graph Oh The Homepage Is Out Of Date Again

HOLA441

Well, that Nationwide graph you all love so much on the home page is out of date again.

The one on the Nationwide website is showing a lovely flat top, which just seems to keep extending.

I thought you said that this was impossible - its two years now and still not a crash in sight. That trend line is getting much closely to prices line ..... perhaps its not going to crash .........

I think for the sake of credibility and honesty someone should update it.

:D

HOLA442
HOLA443

IUN seeing as you will read this how about an answer to the post a coule of days ago..........................................................................................................................................

"you all know who I'm talking about, the jerk who comes on here bear baiting, calling us all mentalists etc..

its funny he didn't want to comment on yesterdays Halifax HP index showing prices in his area (Harrogate) are down a whopping 9% YOY

and strangely, he appears to have deleted his location of "nr Harrogate" from his profile (I'm sure the mods can back me up on this?)

egg, face ??? "

whilst you are waiting perhaps you would care to peruse this thread which you seem to have conveniently ignored :P

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=28986&hl=imup

Damn beat me to it

HOLA444

Well, that Nationwide graph you all love so much on the home page is out of date again.

The one on the Nationwide website is showing a lovely flat top, which just seems to keep extending.

It's not the only thing thats got a flat top - you must have - you've got no bleedin brains! :lol:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

He does have a good point.

This crash hasn't seen the sudden fall that we saw in the 80's.

Worth keeping it updated.

The crash at the end of the 80s wasn't sudden IIRC - prices in the north were still rising a couple of years (1990/1) after they had topped out in the SE (1989).

I believe the trend wasn't any clearer then than it is now.

HOLA448

whilst you are waiting perhaps you would care to peruse this thread which you seem to have conveniently ignored :P

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=28986&hl=imup

Will reply later - off to watch the matrix reloaded ......... I don't spend enough time glued to this thing to pick up all the garbage spouted on here. This one definitely needs a reply though !!!! :lol:

HOLA449

Will reply later - off to watch the matrix reloaded ......... I don't spend enough time glued to this thing to pick up all the garbage spouted on here. This one definitely needs a reply though !!!! :lol:

Try renting the DVD - unless you REALLY want to see the adverts.

OOps, I forgot - renting is dead money, isn't it?

;)

HOLA4410
Guest Bart of Darkness
Will reply later - off to watch the matrix reloaded ......... I don't spend enough time glued to this thing to pick up all the garbage spouted on here.

You read it at least twice on the day that it was posted though. I happened to be reading it at the same time and noticed your name in the list of those reading the thread (and was anticipating some sort of reply, which never came). :P

HOLA4411
Guest Winners and Losers

You read it at least twice on the day that it was posted though. I happened to be reading it at the same time and noticed your name in the list of those reading the thread (and was anticipating some sort of reply, which never came). :P

I just love another HPC detective. :lol:B)

HOLA4412

Hmm Matrix finished over 20 mins ago. IUN must be popping in soon. :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
Guest Bart of Darkness
Hmm Matrix finished over 20 mins ago. IUN must be popping in soon.

Don't forget to allow him time to have a w@nk over Trinty (or maybe Neo if that's what floats his boat)

HOLA4414

I thought you said that this was impossible - its two years now and still not a crash in sight. That trend line is getting much closely to prices line ..... perhaps its not going to crash .........

Yeah, update the graph to show the flat top...that will prove....errrrr.....well.......nothing.

HOLA4415

The flat top looks very scary, it shows houses are a bad investment if your looking for capital gains, and prices for some reason are struggling to go higher, there bouncing against a ceiling level and cant get through.

HOLA4416

What's your point, that it's a soft landing?

Or do you seriously think prices will take off again?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The flat top looks very scary, it shows houses are a bad investment if your looking for capital gains, and prices for some reason are struggling to go higher, there bouncing against a ceiling level and cant get through.

That's my impression too. I think sentiment is still such that if the banks suddenly decided that 6x mortgages were affordable with 75% of income going on an IO mortgage being acceptable, and loosened credit still further, that prices would go up.

Billy Shears

HOLA4420

No.

they're bouncing against a ceiling level and cant get through.

You see "there" is as in "over there"

"their" is as in "it belongs to them"

"They're" is an abbreviation for "They are"

Why carnt the English teech there kids two speek?

HOLA4421

Hmm Matrix finished over 20 mins ago. IUN must be popping in soon. :rolleyes:

By popular request, I have returned to reply to this thread ..... in fact I think I am probably now getting popular acclaim for being roughly right about predicting a soft landing.

Anyway, back to the point in hand. Having read SOTTs thread about Harrogate declining 9% and his 'in yer face' statement ..... well I mean, I discredited the guy on another thread where he tried the same thing. Unfortunately he misses out the facts that the rest of Yorkshire as a whole has gone up, as has most of the country and it looks like we have another boom kicking off in the South East.

So having been made to look a complete berk, he tries it on in another thread. The guy is an imbecile, who chooses to ignore the whole data and finds a bit (Harrogate) that fits his chosen outcome. He also, imbecile like, tries to make out I 'used' to come from Harrogate.

Now my own stance is that there is no point in trying to debate anything with imbeciles who don't have sufficient intelligence to fully understand the argument in the first place. SOTT falls into this camp I'm afraid. So I'll tend to ignore his posts. Even as a wind up merchant he's out of his depth, because I have been trained by experts in this - boy against man I'm afraid .......

Personally, and I can't prove this I don't believe Harrogate has dropped 9% in prices like for like ..... the only reason I have this opinion is that all the other previous posts of anecdotal evidence suggest prices are not dropping in Harrogate. I can only assume the price has dropped based on the mix of properties.

I am more than happy to accept, if you insist, that Harrogate has dropped in price - but on the same basis you have to accept the entire bigger picture about house prices on a regional and national level still increasing slowly in price.

Just to reiterate for the umpteenth time, I do not go around saying prices will rise rapidly forever - my stance is that prices are based on affordability at any particular time. At the moment houses are affordable for a lot of people, thats why prices remain at this level. Prices can and may fall, but it will need serious recession and or significantly higher IRs. Neither of these are on the horizon - hence my belief that house prices will roughly stagnate, they may go up a few % in line with wages, they may even drop a few %, but they won't crash anytime in the forseeable future.

The most likely outcome is a continued soft landing with occasional upwards and perhaps downwards adjustments around a fairly flat mean level.

And by the way, when it gets to midnight, don't expect me to rush back to the computer just so I can entertain you insomniacs ! :D

HOLA4422

His point is that there has been no house price crash yet, as predicted by everyone on this site 2 years ago. The graph appeared to show a peak, and now it shows a flat top, there is a big difference.

It's a bit early to be calling a safe soft landing. Indeed most of the soft landing protagonists in the press haven't mentioned it of late...

my stance is that prices are based on affordability at any particular time. At the moment houses are affordable for a lot of people, thats why prices remain at this level.

Except for the people at the bottom of the ladder (those who can't get on) who happen to face the worst affordability levels ever.

Do you seriously think this can continue without repercussions?

HOLA4423

No soft landing around the West Midlands. ODPM says we are down 7% in my area (Wychavon district near Stratford). The only soft landing exists in the minds of VIs who report wishfully thinking "asking prices".

With IR headed up, employment down, and confiodence sagging (Nationwide) the trend begun in 2005 should pick up nicely this summer. :)

http://nationwide.co.uk/consumer_confidence/default.htm

* The Nationwide Consumer Confidence Index fell by 2 points to 93 in April, and is 14 points down on a year ago

* Confidence in the Present Situation fell to a new low as consumers' concerns heightened

* Confidence in the current employment situation and in future employment prospects fell to an all time low

With the sheeple turning so negative there is not much prospect for a soft landing. :)

HOLA4424

That's my impression too. I think sentiment is still such that if the banks suddenly decided that 6x mortgages were affordable with 75% of income going on an IO mortgage being acceptable, and loosened credit still further, that prices would go up.

Billy Shears

I don’t believe it matters now either way.

The economy’s eating itself, no more money circulating around,

just paying off the debts people have amassed .

Retail’s struggling, shops closing around where I live.

Industry tanked years ago.

Less money being spent on commodities.

Unemployment rising

More redundancy’s to come

Business closures increasing

Economic climate change is here! (what a difference a year makes) :(

HOLA4425

By popular request, I have returned to reply to this thread ..... in fact I think I am probably now getting popular acclaim for being roughly right about predicting a soft landing.

/quote]

Soft landing eh. :lol:

With a flatlining graph, at least you will be right until your wrong.