House Price Crash Forum

Hpc On The Radio Again!

HOLA441

I will be on a panel discussing house prices on Mark Hanson's "The Issue" programme on Resonance FM 104.4 in London on Wednesday, 19 April 2006 at 9.30pm. Click here for details of the programme

The other panel member will be Helen Adams from that dreadful site Firstrungnow, which sees the answer to high house prices in pumping even more credit into the market.

Tune in and comment on here. I don't know if there will be a phone in, but if there is make sure you support the HPC cause.

Happy listening!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Maybe you should raise the point of the proposed new taxes on 2nd homes in rural areas preventing local buying properties. Yet a blind eye is turned on foreign investors, pension companies and banks buying up properties in the capital that prevents REAL people buying and also drives up prices, thereby reducing affordibility.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I have never heard of Resonance FM and tried to tune in - nothing.

I then tried to tune in using the streaming function - currently there is a program of "underground music from Japan". Imagine Yoko Ono on acid with a cow bell. Tune in before 9pm for some laughs.

Good luck tomorrow. Pity it clashes with the Apprentice.

HOLA4411

helen_adams.jpg

Has someone stuck her lips together?

:lol:

strange girl, would have been better advised to have stuck to her guns in her original belief in joint-ownership, they own the domain name joint-ownership..Now she appears to have got a bit side tracked and clumsily chasing anything by way of poor representation from her pr folk. Poor choice of domain name also, B) should have applied a bit of research to it, if a name/ potential brand is gone it`s a bit silly and clumsy attaching a 3 letter word after it :P Be interesting to hear her ill informed views on the plight of FTB`s, borrow twenty grand of Mom and Pop was her last wheeze, parentaid or something...

HOLA4412

Reassuring to know you watch my moves so closely!

You think I'm strange? At least I declare myself as the editor of my web-site instead of hiding behind daft names and not having the guts to front up like you lot!

I shall watch out for the slap and take my rolling pin.

I think the Russel quote about the stupid being cocksure and the intelligent being full of doubt is an interesting one in these circumstances.

Bubble pricker..what do they call you for short?

HOLA4413

FirstRungNow,

a few serious questions.

1. Do you think the fact that partial-ownership is the only way some people can afford to buy a home means that housing may be over-valued?

2. Do you think partial ownership schemes are likely to make housing more expensive or less expensive for first time buyers?

3. Wouldn't first time buyers simply be better off without the partial-ownership option as market-forces would naturally impose a return to affordability?

Edited by HPCheese

HOLA4414

One thing that has begun to irratate me on HPC is the jibes, particularly our more recent bulls (you lot missed the boat blah blah). It is insensitive and nasty particularly if people are worried about their situation.

In the case above Bubble Pricker said nothing against Firstrungnow, he/she just suggested her website was a bit misdirected.

HOLA4415

You think I'm strange? At least I declare myself as the editor of my web-site instead of hiding behind daft names and not having the guts to front up like you lot!

I think the Russel quote about the stupid being cocksure and the intelligent being full of doubt is an interesting one in these circumstances.

:lol:

HOLA4416

I've just noticed the program is 90mins long:

Thousands of young people are unable to get on the housing ladder so Mark Hanson asks whether enough is being done to help all our young people to own a stake in the property market and for those that are on the ladder will the current boom eventually leave you bust?

It should be interesting... It's nearly on!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

OK more time for a considered response...yes we (firstrung) do watch your proposition and its moves closely, we do not regard you as credible opposition per se, however, having already given you a without prejudice warning for attempting to describe yourself and pass of as firstrung some months back, the legal firm we have instructed on various IP issues now constantly caches your site content and maintains an archive. My view and instruction to them is simple. Your presence, whilst a nuisance, can only add to our credibility. It appears, to those independently questioned under research conditions, that you appear to be simply a copy site, a spoiler no less.....you should have researched your potential corporate identity more thoroughly before running headlong into a business and industry you should have no part of given your admitted zero experience. You have, I believe componded this mistake with your latest incarantion, which shares a similar and confusing name with a charity in the USA.

You generate no money/profit from your company and as far as our research suggests, your survival depends purely on your misplaced drive and ambition for a deeply flawed concept. Holding court as the champion and defender of the plight of the FTB is quite frankly ridiculous given the views you hold and pontificate and most on here will see past it for the vain glorious cheap opportunism that it is.

The reason I adopted an Alias for HPC was for several reasons, although most know of my involvement with firstrung, I debate other issues on here freely and for the most part have been accepted as someone who is not here to push his own interests above my overall involvement. I have my leg pulled on ocassion and that`s fine, however, unlike your proposition the majority of the HPC crew accept firstrung as adding something to the debate. Yes, we can`t entirely bite the hand that feeds, but the editorial can often push the envelope in favour of FTBs.

The reason you and your site constantly receives such open hostility and ridicule here is for some of the following reasons, which draws a line between the intelligent platform our proposition debates from and yourselves:

Joint ownership,

Co-buying,

Parent help,

Key worker schemes, to name but a few...you even go as far as directly promoting buy to let on your site, suggesting that it could be an opportunity for FTBs.

The HPC crowd are an intelligent bunch and have quickly established that the pre-mentioned schemes offer no help to ftbs, unfortunately (for you) having promoted these aggresively, it is very difficult for you to now pull back from your entrenched position.

I personally do glance at your site from time to time, if I can be blunt, I find it embarrasing. We have found ourselves in the same industry and yet you appear to have no grasp of the concepts involved, whether that be; the web, finance, journalism, content management, or basic grammar.

We fielded a direct question re. your company on our site some time back, here is a link,

http://firstrung.co.uk/page.asp?pagekey=10&questionkey=34

You were asked earlier to promote/explain your companies misguided belief in the afore-mentioned knee jerk schemes, the debating floor is yours...With regards to further debate between ourselves you already have my e-mail address, here it is again, paul@firstrung.com

Finally, my advice to you remains steadfast, if you firmly believe in the sharedspaces.co.uk type of concept then push that through your joint ownership brand. Your constant and deliberate blurring of the lines will, in the long run, not benefit you, or your company.

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425