House Price Crash Forum

South Africa looting on Sky News

HOLA441
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Jesus wept. South Africa is not a third world country. 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/third-world-countries

Cool story bro. Now go and spruik some fairycoin to anyone queuing for water. I’m sure they’ll be very interested in your explanations for how it will fix the 32% unemployment rate. 

Do report back.

Edited by PeanutButter

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
23 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Cool story bro. Now go and spruik some fairycoin to anyone queuing for water. I’m sure they’ll be very interested in your explanations for how it will fix the 32% unemployment rate. 

Do report back.

South Africa's a large scattering of First World facilities, buildings, and houses abruptly plopped into a grindingly impoverished, primitive country...

HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

SA being a third world country is your narrative, your story bro. 🤣🤣🤣 

It will be a full blown failed state eventually if this sort of rioting becomes chronic and widespread enough that a full blown civil war happens and it falls apart like Libya has done after the Arab Spring.....

HOLA445
1 hour ago, Big Orange said:

It will be a full blown failed state eventually if this sort of rioting becomes chronic and widespread enough that a full blown civil war happens and it falls apart like Libya has done after the Arab Spring.....

Anywhere could become a full blown failed state. But myself and Nuts are talking about the here and now. 

HOLA446
On 17/07/2021 at 01:43, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Anywhere could become a full blown failed state. But myself and Nuts are talking about the here and now. 

It seems far off for us or Germany despite our problems, but feels inevitable for the RSA now - Zuma and his supporters seem far too aggressive, greedy, and stupid to run a industrialised democractic nation (and people running the modern parts must really hate their guts and ready to take up arms).  

I'm worried this century that we're facing something like a Bronze Age Collapse (and we're still in the very early part).

Edited by Big Orange

HOLA447
HOLA448

Yeah, criminal warlords like Zuma, stuck thinking he's a Zulu king, does not mix well with running an modern, industrial state. 

And take into account the horrific urban squalor and overcrowding, never properly addressed in the past 25, finally get detonated by Covid.

It'll be a full blow failed or collapsing state worse than Zimbabwe and comparable to Libya this decade (the genocidal violence in SA feels palpable from where I'm sitting). Let China have it and get militarily bogged down.

Edited by Big Orange

HOLA449
On 18/07/2021 at 08:23, Big Orange said:

It seems far off for us or Germany despite our problems, but feels inevitable for the RSA now - Zuma and his supporters seem far too aggressive, greedy, and stupid to run a industrialised democractic nation (and people running the modern parts must really hate their guts and ready to take up arms).  

I'm worried this century that we're facing something like a Bronze Age Collapse (and we're still in the very early part).

Already happened in UK, under Boris's watch too.  He is oblivious to any underlying issues, only sees the glorious uplands of Brexitannia.

image.png.3366c512f2ad54269cb8219ef48a38fe.png

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
2 hours ago, Timbuk3 said:

Already happened in UK, under Boris's watch too.  He is oblivious to any underlying issues, only sees the glorious uplands of Brexitannia.

image.png.3366c512f2ad54269cb8219ef48a38fe.png

The 2011 riots was an aftershock of the '07/08 semi-permanent economic collapse and may have been partly inspired by the Arab Spring - a similar uproar will happen again.

HOLA4412
19 hours ago, Big Orange said:

Yeah, criminal warlords like Zuma, stuck thinking he's a Zulu king, does not mix well with running an modern, industrial state. 

And take into account the horrific urban squalor and overcrowding, never properly addressed in the past 25, finally get detonated by Covid.

It'll be a full blow failed or collapsing state worse than Zimbabwe and comparable to Libya this decade (the genocidal violence in SA feels palpable from where I'm sitting). Let China have it and get militarily bogged down.

Willing to bet on that?

HOLA4413
57 minutes ago, Big Orange said:

The 2011 riots was an aftershock of the '07/08 semi-permanent economic collapse and may have been partly inspired by the Arab Spring - a similar uproar will happen again.

Surely the 2011 riots are somehow all Jeremy Corbyn's fault?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416