House Price Crash Forum

New parliamentary bid to have rent records added to credit ratings

HOLA441
HOLA442
37 minutes ago, longgone said:

it`s unfair and also mental. 

especially when they have not paid in anything 

If I went to Romania tomorrow and expected to be provided for by their state. Went into their offices unable to speak their language and demanded it ?

I would expect a truncheon around the head. And I would be lucky if that was all I got. The UK has gone beyond soft. We have become a ******ing marshmallow.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
13 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Rent is paid in advance, it isn't credit. Might as well chuck internet shopping, supermarket spending, train and plane tickets, pub and cinema etc on the credit record too - all paid for before the service is received.

There's a huge difference betwen rent and purchases on credit.

You'll have an agreement to pay ren't, whereas you can reduce your shopping bill, or delay the plane ticket purchase if you don't have the money.

As others have said the larger problem would be the administration.

HOLA446
3 hours ago, ccc said:

If I went to Romania tomorrow and expected to be provided for by their state. Went into their offices unable to speak their language and demanded it ?

I would expect a truncheon around the head. And I would be lucky if that was all I got. The UK has gone beyond soft. We have become a ******ing marshmallow.

indeed i tried to claim for jobseekers and was told i was not entitled to anything as i had over 16k in the bank. this was after the 6 month limit. how about some training paid for "NO" you have the means to pay for that yourself. 

So for my effort of keeping myself out of debt being a good boy and saving my money i have achieved nothing apart from some numbers in a bank account that buys me virtually nothing now due to the bailing and QE of those who treat money like effluent.   i paid 2k or more  in deductions some months as well. 

Fortune really does favour the brave. + the benefit claimants reckless morons and anyone else who lives above their means. 

HOLA447
5 hours ago, longgone said:

it`s unfair and also mental. 

especially when they have not paid in anything 

4 hours ago, ccc said:

Both +1

HOLA448
11 hours ago, longgone said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2087857/Romanian-Big-Issue-seller-given-legal-right-claim-housing-benefit.html

Nice equivalent of a 37k year job to sell magazines. Why does anyone bother to work ?

Not any more ...

Judges crack down on poor EU migrants selling The Big Issue to register as self-employed and claim benefits  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4535492/Judges-crack-EU-migrants-selling-Big-Issue.html

HOLA449
4 minutes ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Not any more ...

Judges crack down on poor EU migrants selling The Big Issue to register as self-employed and claim benefits  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4535492/Judges-crack-EU-migrants-selling-Big-Issue.html

I bet she wishes she hadn't appealed. Because nothing would have changed otherwise! And I bet she'll be popular with all the other claimants too!

Her case came to light after she challenged a decision by HM Revenue & Customs to reject her application to begin accessing child benefit.

Her status as a self-employed worker allowed her to claim £150 a week in tax credits [£7,800 pa] and have her rent paid in full. 

But in a ruling last month, Judge Kate Markus QC said the woman’s business was ‘not viable’ – meaning she did not qualify for benefits.

Sitting in the Upper Tribunal of the Administrative Chamber, which rules on HMRC decisions, she dismissed the woman’s appeal against the First-Tier Tribunal denying her child benefit.

So she started with Tax Credits and Free Rent.

She tried to get Child Benefit added on top.

They said "no".

She stamped her feet and appealed (shocking arrogance) - and for her trouble, lost her Tax Credits and Free Rent? Has this actually happened though?

Can this "not viable" ruling be extended to Nail Bar woman who cry on Question Time, please? Surely this is massive.

HOLA4410
21 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

I bet she wishes she hadn't appealed. Because nothing would have changed otherwise! And I bet she'll be popular with all the other claimants too!

So she started with Tax Credits and Free Rent.

She tried to get Child Benefit added on top.

They said "no".

She stamped her feet and appealed (shocking arrogance) - and for her trouble, lost her Tax Credits and Free Rent? Has this actually happened though?

Can this "not viable" ruling be extended to Nail Bar woman who cry on Question Time, please? Surely this is massive.

a bit like a thief returning to the scene of the crime for a chuckle. 

HOLA4411
On 11/29/2017 at 9:50 PM, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Not any more ...

5 years to do anything about it. what a wonderful system.  i bet it still goes on. 

i regularly see those roma being picked up in a flash car.