House Price Crash Forum

May Interview : 13 July, 2017

HOLA441

Q: Why should people feel confident that you are any good at reading the mood music in a room when you did not realise the campaign was going badly? You will need that skill in Brussels.

May says she realised the campaign was not going perfectly.

She realised a lot of people, especially the young, were concerned about housing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, AvoidDebt said:

She realised a lot of people, especially the young, were concerned about housing.

I've heard Australian politicians express this thought as well, but usually the next sentence confirms that they are speaking a different language to me, it might as well be gibberish. 

Society of fools hears a politician say " House prices are very high, out of reach for many young people

Society of fools thinks the next statement will be " Therefore it simply makes sense for house prices to fall- a LOT. And that will be very good news for the country as a whole

What Society of fools actually hears as the next statement is " Therefore the government has to ensure that masses of taxpayer money are handed out as a 'leg-up" to those aspirational young people who wish to own a house." Cue widespread applause from the crowd. 

That's when Society of fools realises that he truly is living in............ a Society of fools. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
4 minutes ago, mathschoc said:

Hearing her recognise the housing problem is good but can't help but think she is going to come up with some prop for FTB.

I hope she has some sense and let things take their natural course.

She's an ex banker...her husband is a banker...she'll do what's best for the bankers.

HOLA449

The tories are completely snookered.  There is no way they can win another election with the world in its current state: far too many issues to deal with that will be electoral suicide.

The average voter just wants free shit, and more of it.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 hours ago, Futuroid said:

The problem for the Tories is that that applies to the Tory voters as much as the Labour voters.

The old Tories just want free bed and breakfast and bum wiping for life. They will be offered a free one way trip to Zurich. 

HOLA4414
21 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

That's just lazy thinking. The 30somethings I know don't expect a free house, they just want to be able to buy something decent at a reasonable price.

Where did I mention anything about free houses?

I am just stating what I see on a daily basis. There has been a dramatic shift over my adult life where the state is expected to be guardian for all from cradle to grave. 

HOLA4415
10 minutes ago, doomed said:

Where did I mention anything about free houses?

I am just stating what I see on a daily basis. There has been a dramatic shift over my adult life where the state is expected to be guardian for all from cradle to grave. 

I don't know what age group you are but I don't see that attitude at all among my 20- and 30something colleagues. The state does little to help them and they don't expect it to either.

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I don't know what age group you are but I don't see that attitude at all among my 20- and 30something colleagues. The state does little to help them and they don't expect it to either.

See how they react if their taxes get put up then see if they react any different if they get told they can't get their pension until they are 85.

HOLA4417
2 minutes ago, doomed said:

See how they react if their taxes get put up then see if they react any different if they get told they can't get their pension until they are 85.

Not many people under 40 believe the state pension will exist by the time they retire. They (we) are a generation without hope.

HOLA4418
11 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Not many people under 40 believe the state pension will exist by the time they retire. They (we) are a generation without hope.

I am under 40 and whilst I agree with what you have stated it is not common amongst most people I speak to outside of the internet.

HOLA4419

She's full of shit. Her first speech banging on about helping the most needy in society made me laugh at the time. I used to believe this crap! Her lot know all of the problems, they're happy to acknowledge them too, just not willing to actually do anything. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
5 hours ago, doomed said:

The average voter just wants free shit, and more of it.

If you see landlords and the elderly and bankers being given free lottery wins for nothing, and you see people who don't work being given money for nothing, it's pretty reasonable to wonder:

'Hey, where's all my free shit?'

HOLA4424
46 minutes ago, DrBuyToLeech said:

If you see landlords and the elderly and bankers being given free lottery wins for nothing, and you see people who don't work being given money for nothing, it's pretty reasonable to wonder:

'Hey, where's all my free shit?'

I completely agree. People have been conditioned to believe the government can provide everything. People are in for a shock.

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, Glental said:

She's full of shit. Her first speech banging on about helping the most needy in society made me laugh at the time. I used to believe this crap! Her lot know all of the problems, they're happy to acknowledge them too, just not willing to actually do anything. 

What do you want her to do? Compete with Corbyn giving away his free shit and magic money tree?