• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?de...3/THELO/25592/3

We both love it, can afford it and we know they've just lost a sale

WWYD ??????

We'd have to extend it or move in about 5 years time.

It may be the house of your dreams - are you prepared to

assume the debt of your nightmares to own it?

ABB

HOLA443

It looks lovely.

Would you be able to afford to extend in 5 years time? Could you afford possible negative equity, especially if it came to selling for the next rung up?

HOLA444

It looks lovely.

Would you be able to afford to extend in 5 years time? Could you afford possible negative equity, especially if it came to selling for the next rung up?

I wouldn't want to move from that house until I was wearing a wooden overcoat :-] If we didn't have the money for an extention we could make one of the rooms downstairs into a bedroom I guess, it just ticks all the boxes and is within our price range, something i've been looking for for three years

I just am so sure the market will crash, hubs isn't and is sick of moving house from rented to rented but what if i'm wrong :(

HOLA445

Make a REALLY low offer and work up from there? You're in an ideal position and they they may snatch your hands off.(or not, who knows?). Put the offer in writing to the EA stating your reasons for the low offfer and CC it to the vendor incase the agent won't pass it on.

Start low and work up.

HOLA446

I wouldn't want to move from that house until I was wearing a wooden overcoat :-] If we didn't have the money for an extention we could make one of the rooms downstairs into a bedroom I guess, it just ticks all the boxes and is within our price range, something i've been looking for for three years

I just am so sure the market will crash, hubs isn't and is sick of moving house from rented to rented but what if i'm wrong :(

I would go around the house with a builder and find out what the options are for extending the property so that you can miss the next rung. It may be better to do that than pay another lot of stamp duty and fees associated with selling and buying another property at a later date. Can't tell from the picture whether a loft room is an option. If the location is right for you then extending may be an idea - and you can get a feel for how much you really want to pay over the longer term.

It also might be useful to find out why the sale fell through - were there issues relating to the extension meeting building regs/planning requirements?

Good Luck

PMT

HOLA447

tbh terrified from your posts it sounds as if your loaded anyways, so go for it, you could probably buy your way out of any possible neg eq. :)

Edited by theChuz

HOLA448

tbh terrified from your posts it sounds as if your loaded anyways, so go for it, you could probably buy your way out of any neg eq anyways.

We're far from loaded, hubs works 120 hours a week for his salary so they get more than a pound of flesh from him, but i take your point we're unlikely to be forced sellers as we have no other debt.

HOLA449

We're far from loaded, hubs works 120 hours a week for his salary so they get more than a pound of flesh from him, but i take your point we're unlikely to be forced sellers as we have no other debt.

he works 17 hours a day 7 days a week, fair play to him :) Just a touch of jealousy (im human after all) have been looking at this thing thats glued onto the side of a house then i read your thread and thought 'ffs'. :)

Its a nice house if you can afford it buy, i would.

Differnt leagues :)

Edited by theChuz

HOLA4410

Is he a Doctor?

HOLA4411

It's a nice place, in our current silly market the price is the equivalent of two shitty terraces, yet you're getting more than that, a lot more.

Where's the shocker though, sewage farm across the way, a dual carridgeway in the back garden? What's the dirty secret? ;)

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Angela, your 40K deposit/profit on your former place could be eaten alive before the ink`s dry on the completion paperwork, one day you`re looking at West Kirby/Thurstaston, the next Stratford :P Have you not settled on our `ickle peninsula then? :D

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Angela, your 40K deposit/profit on your former place could be eaten alive before the ink`s dry on the completion paperwork, one day you`re looking at West Kirby/Thurstaston, the next Stratford :P Have you not settled on our `ickle peninsula then? :D

The house we've sold is in S-u-A so we know the area but mainly I am sick to death of Clive Watkins and Karl Tatlers women of a certain age, telling me that crappy terraces in Hoylake are well worth £400k and anything detached is £450k plus it's sooooo fustrating. At least the agents is Stratford all admit the market is rubbish :lol:

HOLA4417

Pools actually devalue a property! Especially so if they're uncovered, I'm not joking.

Really? i would of thought it would of added to it :blink: Your not just using barrymores house as a reference are you?

Edited by theChuz

HOLA4418

Really? i would of thought it would of added to it :blink: Your not just using barrymores house as a reference are you?

No i looked at a house with a pool and all i could think was i wonder how much it'll cost to fill that in, Uk isn't really the place for outdoor pools.

Now this is a pool (picture 9)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-536...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

If it comes down to £350k i'm aving it ;)

HOLA4419

The bulls don't even like them :-

"A swimming pool may be the height of luxury, but potential buyers may be concerned about security risks for small children and expensive running costs. A pool may recoup as little as 10 per cent of the initial cost. "

HOLA4420

No i looked at a house with a pool and all i could think was i wonder how much it'll cost to fill that in, Uk isn't really the place for outdoor pools.

Now this is a pool (picture 9)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-536...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

If it comes down to £350k i'm aving it ;)

Thats bigger than our local sports center's pool :D, i dont like the decor of one of the rooms though so i wouldnt want that place. (notice how its decor and not "the way that its painted 'n sh*t" when its a place like that :D)

The bulls don't even like them :-

"A swimming pool may be the height of luxury, but potential buyers may be concerned about security risks for small children and expensive running costs. A pool may recoup as little as 10 per cent of the initial cost. "

Its its big enough and you can afford to slap a pool in i would imagine you wouldnt care about the running costs to much, plus kids have to learn to swim at some point! :)

Im actually quite suprised, i'm going to fill in that rather large pothole in the garden to our council house, gotto maintain its value :lol:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

WWYD ??????

IMO you should play your cards a bit closer to your chest. how do you know the agent doesn't troll on these boards? (or someone who might tip him off !)

remember - get too emotional and all sense goes out the window.

Edited by sign_of_the_times

HOLA4423

You might love the house now, but if you bought it and the market crashed, meaning its market value fell to 200k - you'd hate the place because you'd always be thinking of what house you COULD have bought had you waited a bit ;)

On the other hand if they are keen to sell, then put in a silly offer.

If its on at 350, say the actual value is 325 in the current market - then offer 290.

Then if prices did fall 25% (so value goes to 244), then at least youve only lost approx 45k which you could think of as 3years rent.

HOLA4424

WWYD ??????

If you really want it, offer £20k less and go for it, but only if you intend to spend the rest of your lives there. I think they may accept this as its a relatively small drop.

If you have any thoughts that you may be moving on, then its clearly that you don't love it that much or its not right for you, in which you may be better waiting for exactly the right thing to come along.

Just to put this in perspective, houses like that are going for £50-100k more in North Yorkshire, so to me it looks a bargain all ready.

HOLA4425

If you really want it, offer £20k less and go for it, but only if you intend to spend the rest of your lives there. I think they may accept this as its a relatively small drop.

If you have any thoughts that you may be moving on, then its clearly that you don't love it that much or its not right for you, in which you may be better waiting for exactly the right thing to come along.

Just to put this in perspective, houses like that are going for £50-100k more in North Yorkshire, so to me it looks a bargain all ready.

Old indian burrial ground springs to mind :lol: