Spirit

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

dangerous ?

misleading ?

makes me laugh as they try to pretend they have the finger on the pusle and are so informed they know all about markets in periods of less than 2 months or so.

as if ?

Dangerous - threat to his wallet!

Misleading - Disagrees with what he and Kirsty want Jo Public to believe!

:rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I think Phil should smarten up and think about his career, If he's smart he could turn Bear, start making sarcastic remarks and "Tut" noises after Kirsty speaks.

If he's good he could turn the whole thing round on Kirsty, blame the whole thing on "Her Crash" and she was the one etc.

They have aped the married couple buying, now they may go through the arguments, trial seperation and divorce (well rid IMO).

Yes I'm sure Phil's sizing up the situation now, talking to "People", browning nosing around, Hey I've got a great idea for a new program "Reposession, Reposession, Reposession", "The Housing Snake" or maybe he'll go for the newly divorced single guys program's "Phil's, guide to dropping the B..ch and going sh..ging".

Kirsty may well eat her hat when phil's left her, she's bankrupt and it's the only thing left in the cupboard.

HOLA449

To be fair, he's sensible on the subject of City bonuses:

Much is being made of the 3000 city bankers and brokers expected to pocket in excess of a £1Million each in the first few months of 2006. Apparently it will be the biggest bonus payout for years, which means large sums of money will quite literally be seeking a home. However, from our experiences of dealing with wealthy bankers, I do not anticipate this making a significant impact to the costs of housing. These recipients are among the most financially astute people in the country and they must be expected to remain cautious and price sensitive to the end. After all, confidence in the housing market is only just back from its gardening leave. Yes, cash rich city buyers are likely to swell the ranks of purchasers in both London and the country – but surely they will simultaneously swell the ranks of vendors?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

my mate at beezers says bonii discussions are VERY disappointing this year, and some of his nearest & dearest have upsticked and taken their big swinging balls to go play elsewhere (including him - he almost jumped to paribas bishgate until B upped their offer)

As for that gay icon Phil of Kirsty fame, he knows about as much about the housing market as I know about macrame.

He had to kn0b some tv-exec to get the gig - qualifications were a nylon tank top, cropped (bald) head and an industrial size tub of vaseline. (PS must have own pillow to munch)

Edited by CrashIsUnderWay

HOLA4412

my mate at beezers says bonii discussions are VERY disappointing this year, and some of his nearest & dearest have upsticked and taken their big swinging balls to go play elsewhere (including him - he almost jumped to paribas bishgate until B upped their offer)

As for that gay icon Phil of Kirsty fame, he knows about as much about the housing market as I know about macrame.

He had to kn0b some tv-exec to get the gig - qualifications were a nylon tank top, cropped (bald) head and an industrial size tub of vaseline. (PS must have own pillow to munch)

Nice image

HOLA4413

LOL!

HOLA4414

And i didn't think i'd get a reply :

Sent: 04 January 2006 15:30

To: info@garrington.co.uk

Subject: Article on property prices

Hi,

I think your news article is correct about the market being in a new cycle. I have some questions for you on this:

Quote:

“Over the last twelve months I have regularly stated a belief that although buyers have held the whip hand, the long-term trend would remain upward and that the bull had in fact landed on soft ground. From my perspective, the housing market now seems to be safely cocooned within a period of low, single-digit growth.

There is good reason to believe we are at the start of the next market cycle.”

Can I ask how long Phil Spencer expects the “period of low, single – digit growth” to last? 6 months? A year?

What happens after the “period of low, single –digit growth” ends - does he see property prices falling from current levels following that?

I am a high earning first time buyer with a £50k deposit saved, but I’m unsure of when to buy to maximize my profit, I’m just looking for some solid advice on the property market, which I think your company is in a position to give me?

Many Thanks

Adam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Adam

Many thanks for your email. Glad that you found our newsletter so useful.

Phil is actually away until next week and then in the throws of filming but I will track him down and get back to you if you could just bare with me.

Regards,

Amanda Collings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait for his return!!!!! I do feel a bit naughty!

:)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Phil is actually away until next week and then in the throws of filming but I will track him down and get back to you if you could just bare with me.

Well, his understudy could at least run the spellchecker first

Hmph

ABB

What makes you think that "bare with me" was a typo ? :):):)

HOLA4419

So here is the reply for your interest. If there is any.

Hi Adam,

Further to your email I thought I would drop you a quick note. Generally Phil doesn't answer all individual queries due to the volume that do come through it is often impossible due to filming, Garrington and other commitments. Equally he is unable to really give in depth advice in this format as there are so many variables that he doesn't know about.

However, he does believe we're looking at a period of at least 3 years - but quite possibly longer - and he does not absolutely anticipate prices falling beneath their current levels after that period.

I hope that comes some way to answering your question if not completely.

Regards,

Amanda Collings

HOLA4420