House Price Crash Forum

Interesting Geography

OnionTerror

HOLA441

Doesn't matter what the areas are, it's true for any set of boundaries that you could possibly draw on any map, real or imaginary (without going into extra dimensions or anything like that). The only exception would be if you start having completely disconnected enclaves of a country or county or whatever (so as far as topography goes a separate self-contained boundary on the map).

Well I assume it is from what's been said, I've not tried working it out.

I see it took the combined wisdom of mankind until 1976 to reduce the five colour theory to four, so I guess doodling a few maps on a scrap of paper wont do it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I see it took the combined wisdom of mankind until 1976 to reduce the five colour theory to four, so I guess doodling a few maps on a scrap of paper wont do it.

Well I'm just accepting it on faith for the sake of argument, I'm certainly not trying to demonstrate it one way or the other!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Geography-wise I'm convinced that oxbow lakes only exist in school geography textbooks, I've never actually seen one (I'm probably going to get inundataed with links to maps and pictures showing them now).

There's loads along the Teme where I spent many a happy hour.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/River+Teme/@52.1886741,-2.3287223,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4870404fd85b9a43:0xb57a4ff00269117d!8m2!3d52.2978775!4d-2.7370048

HOLA447

peculiar
pɪˈkjuːlɪə/
adjective: peculiar

a parish or church exempt from the jurisdiction of the diocese in which it lies, and subject to the direct jurisdiction of the monarch or an archbishop.
"deans and canons of royal peculiars, notably Westminster Abbey and Windsor"

HOLA448

peculiar

pɪˈkjuːlɪə/

adjective: peculiar

a parish or church exempt from the jurisdiction of the diocese in which it lies, and subject to the direct jurisdiction of the monarch or an archbishop.

"deans and canons of royal peculiars, notably Westminster Abbey and Windsor"

Erm, ITYM peculier.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Erm, ITYM peculier.

Mr Renting has been out on the piss! I've just couriered him a gallon of mine in a Klein bottle. It's for his garden (allegedly)! I hope the lid doen't pop off in transit.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

That was my first encounter with the word peculier. I thought it a peculiar misspelling or archaism, until I got to the bottom of it.

Bottoms again!

HOLA4419

That was my first encounter with the word peculier. I thought it a peculiar misspelling or archaism, until I got to the bottom of it.

You know that it's of French origin, and pronounced accordingly? "Pay-cool-ee-ay"

I always find that barmen are very appreciative if you pronounce it properly. Try it and see!

HOLA4420

You know that it's of French origin, and pronounced accordingly? "Pay-cool-ee-ay"

I always find that barmen are very appreciative if you pronounce it properly. Try it and see!

Have you been to DTMark's local?

Archived