House Price Crash Forum

Eu Referendum - How Will The Markets React?

JoeDavola

HOLA441

Not sure whether this warrants a separate thread but I'm gonna fire one up anyway.

Are we expecting some sort of big market reaction if we vote to 'leave'?

Are we expecting some sort of big market reaction if we vote to 'stay'?

Is anyone here taking any steps to 'protect themselves'?

Should I splash out on that threesome with a couple of high class hookers on Thursday night just in case my cash is worthless by Friday?

Discuss.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Spoke to someone who works for JP Morgan last night (staunch Remainer), told me some teams were planning on coming in at midnight on thurs/fri for the opening of the Asian Markets.

Agreed with me that we could see a 2008 style meltdown by saturday in the event of a Brexit result. £ crashes etc.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Should I splash out on that threesome with a couple of high class hookers on Thursday night just in case my cash is worthless by Friday?

Over twenty odd years of investing, I've long ago given up any idea that I might be able to forecast market reactions to complex events.

Given that assumption/recognition, I've done the only thing that is rational - diversification. Bought more equities earlier in the month - not because I think equities will win or because I think the pound will crash but just to cover all bases more evenly.

Hookers, OTOH, are a wasting asset and do not feature in my portfolio. Sadly.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Not sure whether this warrants a separate thread but I'm gonna fire one up anyway.

Are we expecting some sort of big market reaction if we vote to 'leave'?

Are we expecting some sort of big market reaction if we vote to 'stay'?

Discuss.

I can predict the BOE will keep the base rate the same.

HOLA4411

If we remain the markets will soar and everything will be fantastic ..... and next week it will all be back to normal.

If we leave the markets will collapse and everything will be horrid ..... and next week it will all be back to normal.

It will be back to normal except the bankster scum will have made billions ....

Archived