House Price Crash Forum

Iabu

wherebee

HOLA441

So - I've posted elsewhere about a boomer friend of the family who has just put a 2 bed flat on the market along the south coast for close to 400k.

I know he paid 30k ish for it 20 years ago.

I know he has paid in that 20 years for one new kitchen, one boiler, and no structural repairs at all.

I know he has a public sector final salary pension, after being a not very good middle manager in some small department for years

I know he is a twit and blames the younger generations for not being as wise as he is with property, and that's why all his grandkids are renting at the age of 30+.

AIBU to want the market to crash so hard I can put an offer into him for under 50k and then pull out at the last minute to give him palpitations?

Feeling the rage today against idiots in general.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Do you know why he's selling?

Around here, seen oldies buy such flats at the coast (for cash), whilst waiting for buyers to buy their own homes, they leave hanging on market for 6-12months+. Last one lucked out after 12 months, with young couple who had bomad help, to meet high asking price. And too often they go on about the hardships in life, vs iphone generation.

tdw1MiKD.jpg

HOLA445

Do you know why he's selling?

no, but I suspect it may be health related linked to his massive consumption of whiskey meaning he can't us it so often for weekend breaks...

HOLA446
HOLA447

So - I've posted elsewhere about a boomer friend of the family who has just put a 2 bed flat on the market along the south coast for close to 400k.

I know he paid 30k ish for it 20 years ago.

I know he has paid in that 20 years for one new kitchen, one boiler, and no structural repairs at all.

I know he has a public sector final salary pension, after being a not very good middle manager in some small department for years

I know he is a twit and blames the younger generations for not being as wise as he is with property, and that's why all his grandkids are renting at the age of 30+.

AIBU to want the market to crash so hard I can put an offer into him for under 50k and then pull out at the last minute to give him palpitations?

Feeling the rage today against idiots in general.

WTF? Unless you're not telling us something my non-professional opinion is this chap is exhibiting the first signs of early onset dementia, based on the fact he isn't just renting it out.

Business hat on, hard nosed, if you can live with yourself and don't feel you are taking advantage of him too much - offer him a cheeky £395k and just rent it out yourself, innit. He won't know what day it is in a years time by the sound of it.

HOLA448

WTF? Unless you're not telling us something my non-professional opinion is this chap is exhibiting the first signs of early onset dementia, based on the fact he isn't just renting it out.

Business hat on, hard nosed, if you can live with yourself and don't feel you are taking advantage of him too much - offer him a cheeky £395k and just rent it out yourself, innit. He won't know what day it is in a years time by the sound of it.

It's worse than that... he should be remortgaging to an IO mortgage and get himself three 1 bed shoe boxes to rent out, a white range rover evoque (red leather trim) and some taupe leisure slacks before heading off on a cruise.

Has this chap learnt nothing about entrepreneurship and wealth creation in his time in the public sector?

HOLA449
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4410

How old is he?

The potentially greatest injustice is the generosity of his public sector pension. That section of society made out like bandits under Blair and Brown.

i would guess approaching 75=80 now.

anyone 30 years younger would not have a hope in hell of ending up with his pension and assets in the same career.

HOLA4411