House Price Crash Forum

Mrpin Needs Another Motorcycle

MrPin

HOLA441

All you need is a black leather jacket, some luck and a decent engine!

Is that Gordon? I haven't read the bible in ages!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Very nice antiques!

Amazing machines. Quite before their time - they were in many ways 1970's bikes designed in the 1930's. It's a shame they were never economically viable to produce.

I don't like bikes much these days as I have lost my delusion of invincibility, but I'd like to have a Black Shadow in my garage.

HOLA443

Amazing machines. Quite before their time - they were in many ways 1970's bikes designed in the 1930's. It's a shame they were never economically viable to produce.

I don't like bikes much these days as I have lost my delusion of invincibility, but I'd like to have a Black Shadow in my garage.

Wouldn't we all! Very lightweight! :unsure: One of my chums had the "comet" which was the single cylinder 500cc one! :unsure:

HOLA444
HOLA445

I've always wanted a motorcycle but never been able to indulge. I'm late 50's now but haven't given up the dream although the motorcycle image has gradually been downgraded in my mind from a big laid back harley davidson? type thing to a vespa type scooter. I still find the thought appealing though in its current form on a nice day to get my motorcycle gear on and take the bike out for a ride round D&G. The next downgrade of my motorcycle image is one of those little mobility scooters :lol:. At least I would still be able to dress for the part in my motorcycle gear to nip down to the shop :lol:.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I love my little Honda Vision 110; 110mpg in the winter and 120 in the summer, it always starts, it's basically cost me nothing other than oil changes, tax, and insurance in 6000 miles, and if you're wearing a rucksack you can get more or less a weekly shop for 2 people in the pack, the top box and under the seat. You can even hang a shopping bag off the little hook under the dash and ride with it between your legs.

It's just never going to excite you by being fast in a straight line. I've had it far enough over in the corners to scrape the side stand a couple of times, and because it's so light I can follow sports bike riders round urban corners with them looking like they're making some effort, while I'm sat bolt upright! But I need a proper bike again, one with a top speed of more than 55mph.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I've always wanted a motorcycle but never been able to indulge. I'm late 50's now but haven't given up the dream although the motorcycle image has gradually been downgraded in my mind from a big laid back harley davidson? type thing to a vespa type scooter. I still find the thought appealing though in its current form on a nice day to get my motorcycle gear on and take the bike out for a ride round D&G. The next downgrade of my motorcycle image is one of those little mobility scooters :lol:. At least I would still be able to dress for the part in my motorcycle gear to nip down to the shop :lol:.

Get a Honda C90 and the gear for your next birthday present, do yourself a CBT and off you go.

I had a few months bike training Sunday mornings at a volunteer centre that insisted everybody had a really thorough training before they went riding; the CBT at the end was a formality.

I really enjoyed it and got it out of my system without actually having to buy a bike; Honda and Yamaha 125s were for hire for a notional fee.

The one big thing that I learnt from this is that I want one that tells me what gear I'm in, I didn't know.

HOLA4411

I'm assuming you don't mean Dolce and Gabbana, but....?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Mr Pin already has a black shadow in his garage, cast by his trebuchet.

HOLA4415

Btw, my dear old Dad bought what he called a "motorbike` (Honda c50 )

Nothing wrong with the C50. These have become a cult bike in Greece and Cyprus . . . and easy to customise for mopedophiles

my_vehicles.26442.3.jpg

Speaking of 'armchair bikers', I nearly bought one of these just to put in the living room . . .

00000897_003.jpg

Italjet dragster . . . the only forkless, spaceframe scoot.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Right Pinny! I think we've already established that you wouldn't buy a Blackbird....

Edit: Those exhausts would have to go, but you could afford a Yoshi with the change from your £10k!

Not a bad suggestion. We shall see.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Oh bejaysus! So many new bikes... so few pounds in the pocket :(

We now live in the future, these bikes could be owned by judge dredd!

"Cursed Earth" here I come, bringing Law to those with none. Like the Ducati. Looks like a wallet emptying experience. :blink:

HOLA4422

Get a Honda C90 and the gear for your next birthday present, do yourself a CBT and off you go.

I had a few months bike training Sunday mornings at a volunteer centre that insisted everybody had a really thorough training before they went riding; the CBT at the end was a formality.

I really enjoyed it and got it out of my system without actually having to buy a bike; Honda and Yamaha 125s were for hire for a notional fee.

The one big thing that I learnt from this is that I want one that tells me what gear I'm in, I didn't know.

I'll keep all that in mind thanks.

Currently I'm lucky enough to have a modest imported 1998 toyota campervan that I'm confident I can keep roadworthy for a number of years. If I'm still fit when that becomes unviable I'm thinking I'll get a low power motorcycle.

HOLA4423

I'll keep all that in mind thanks.

Currently I'm lucky enough to have a modest imported 1998 toyota campervan that I'm confident I can keep roadworthy for a number of years. If I'm still fit when that becomes unviable I'm thinking I'll get a low power motorcycle.

You need to do a test.Then you can buy a Harley. :huh:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I can't be bothered doing tests Mr Pin. I passed my driving test 40 years ago so I'm allowed certain privileges :) A moped without a test?

Might I suggest a variant? You simply acquire an Italian girlfriend, from the land of the female bikers.

They all have a license and you won't have to wear those ridiculous leather clothes.

I took this pic in Milan's fashion district. Notice the Honda color co-ordinated leggings.

dscn2938.jpg?w=413&h=550

Archived