House Price Crash Forum

Tristram Hunt Tells Oxbridge Students That 'the Top 1 Per Cent' Must Take Leadership In Labour Again

HOLA441

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tristram-hunt-tells-oxbridge-labour-students-that-the-top-1-per-cent-must-take-leadership-in-labour-a6717731.html

Labour-supporting students at one of Britain’s two elite universities have been told by a Blairite MP to lead a campaign of “dissent” in the wake of Jeremy Corbyn's leadership victory.

Tristram Hunt, the former shadow education secretary, told students at Cambridge University Labour Club that they were the “top one per cent” and needed to show leadership within the party.

“The way you serve the Corbyn leadership is to be as dissenting and creative as possible,” he told the students, according to the Cambridge University newspaper Varsity.

“You are the top one per cent. The Labour Party is in the 5h1t. It is your job and your responsibility to take leadership going forward.”

The historian, who was himself educated at Cambridge University, ruled himself out from serving in Jeremy Corbyn’s shadow cabinet in the wake of the Labour leadership contest result.

I was thinking which party could I vote for that's controlled by the top 1%!

HOLA442
HOLA443

Beyond the actual politics, I'm fairly positive towards many politicians of all parties. They might deep down be in it for themselves and be guilty of all sorts of peccadillos, but they generally at least try to present themselves as being public servants. But some - they don't seem to understand that they only come across as odious. Tristram Hunt is one of those.

Anyway, I guess he's nailing his colours to the mast, ready to take control when the Blairites return following Corbyn's political assassination in about 2 years time.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

They just won't accept their turn is over will they? Two elections lost and these Tory infiltrators are still at it. Pipe dreams of the disinfranchised.

A credible and effective opposition is one which offers a genuine alternative.

HOLA447

Beyond the actual politics, I'm fairly positive towards many politicians of all parties. They might deep down be in it for themselves and be guilty of all sorts of peccadillos, but they generally at least try to present themselves as being public servants. But some - they don't seem to understand that they only come across as odious. Tristram Hunt is one of those.

Anyway, I guess he's nailing his colours to the mast, ready to take control when the Blairites return following Corbyn's political assassination in about 2 years time.

They say all political careers end in failure.

What hey don't say is that most political careers start with failure and have a lot of failure spread around, in the middle.

Archived