House Price Crash Forum

Funding For Lending Scheme Extended

R K

HOLA441

regardless of where the money is 'targeted' the bottom line is that :-

the banks don't need your savings as they have cheap money on tap available for SMEs means they can use the remaining funds to boost the housing market - or have I misunderstood?

HOLA442

More government subsidies to housing market. This means for every house on the market, for every 100k the NatWest advances, government will give NatWest 500k. I should say lend, but as the NatWest is 83% owned by government the distinction hardly applies. Government is effectively bidding for houses and subsidizing house prices by guaranteeing the finance at 500% leverage.

Mortgage lending and consumer credit has become a function of government and civil service, part of government financial obligations. How can this be considered normal by a supposedly free market government?

As I see it the HPI pyramid needs escalating government financial commitment and escalating immigration in tandem. It needs an ever increasing customer base and the promise of winnings in future that can only be provided by the exchequer now that the banks' financial liabilities have exceeded their assets by logarithmic orders of magnitude. This is a new world of the house price tail wagging the government dog.

Is there a way out?

Yes. Vote Labour.

This needs to be taken out of the UK Government hands.

HOLA443
HOLA444

regardless of where the money is 'targeted' the bottom line is that :-

the banks don't need your savings as they have cheap money on tap available for SMEs means they can use the remaining funds to boost the housing market - or have I misunderstood?

Also, by suppressing savings rates, it encourages the "My money is earning nothing in the bank so I'm going into buy-to-let" attitude.

The pressure is relentless, but the more they try to force me out of cash and into the housing market, the more I know to stay out.

HOLA445

Also, by suppressing savings rates, it encourages the "My money is earning nothing in the bank so I'm going into buy-to-let" attitude.

The pressure is relentless, but the more they try to force me out of cash and into the housing market, the more I know to stay out.

Can't you think of better more benifical alternatives?.... Something more creative, and innovative...

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Possibly, but we have to wait six months.

If you're planning a coup let us know.

Can't see an election helping here. Remember Brown? Remember Clegg? Remember Cameron? Not a hap'worth of difference. The only person who can make a difference to the UK is Vladimir Putin, and he'll probably use some very large nuclear warheads to do it.

HOLA4410

If you're planning a coup let us know.

Can't see an election helping here. Remember Brown? Remember Clegg? Remember Cameron? Not a hap'worth of difference. The only person who can make a difference to the UK is Vladimir Putin, and he'll probably use some very large nuclear warheads to do it.

Which is why I'm going to vote for Nigel Farage and hope that it will shake a few trees.

HOLA4411