House Price Crash Forum

Officials Warn Eleven Missing Airplanes In Libya Could Be Used To Carry Out Terrorist Attack On 9/11 Anniversary

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741428/Officials-warn-ELEVEN-missing-airplanes-Libya-used-carry-terrorist-attack-9-11-anniversary.html

• Eleven planes went missing from Tripoli International Airport, after it was overtaken by an Islamic rebel group late last month
  • U.S. officials are reportedly warning that the planes could be used to carry out terrorist attacks for the anniversary of September 11

On Sunday, the Libyan government announced that they had lost control of the capital to competing militias including the radical Islamic groups Ansar al Sharia and Libyan Dawn. Ansar al Sharia has ties to the Islamic State (also known as ISIS), the Syrian group which today released the filmed beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff - the second recorded execution of a U.S. hostage by the group.

Moroccan military expert Abderrahmane Mekkaoui told Al Jazeera television after the airport attack that the planes had been taken by another Islamic group, the Masked Men Brigade.

U.S. officials have not publicly confirmed the eleven planes' disappearance, but are reportedly working to track them down.

So all of these 11 planes took off and flew to another unknown destination in Libya?

No mention in the article of the size of the aircraft taken.

HOLA442

Good thing noone in Libya has a long-festering grievance with us that they might seek to avenge. After all, it's not as if we bombed them, and slaughtered someone's family. So noone can possibly have taken the kind of vow of vengeance that is the very stuff of traditional heroism.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

There are plenty of photos showing that airliners were damaged in the fighting. Doesn't mean that all were damaged, so I suppose some might remain airworthy.

But then there is the problem of maintaining, flying them somewhere, even refuelling them.

'Jetliners' is rather vague. Perhaps business jets?

Or maybe the story is just intended to frighten us and keep us in our place.

i don't think terrists would get very far trying to fly one into Europe or the USA.

Actually, I'd be more worried about them being stripped down and used on the dodgy spare aircraft parts market.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Lost control of Tripoli?

I thought the so called Arab Spring was supposed to be a good thing?

Well a hastily knocked up article about how Gadaffi was some sort of sex pervert will soon have the narrative back on track. The LSE's embarrassingly strong links with his son were soon forgotten with a similar strategy.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Archived