ingermany

HOLA441
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

This I do not know. Maybe it would be better. Maybe it would be worse. I just fear our country would turn into something far worse than we have already. I do not know. The issue I have is with people like Salmond who like to tell everyone that we will be so better off on our own. I just am not sure we would be.

Remove the scumbags and the debt from Scotland ? I would happily have a St Andrews flag tattoed on my face and suck Salmond off till he came in the face off William Wallace.

Problem is - the scum in Scotland will be around for at least 50-100 years to come. No easy solution - I am in no debate about that.

Funnily enough, I don't know either! What I do know is that from Callaghan to the present day, Westminster has presided over the decline of Scotland. We now are in the situation you describe (along with Jie Bie and Guitarman001!), and I'd ask two questions.

- Are you happy with the conditions you describe?

- Do you think Westminster will turn Scotland around?

If the answer to both those questions is NO, and I think it is, then what's our best chance to change it?

Independance

HOLA444

Scrap the welfare system and you would hardly need border control

They come here for the benefits , free housing and cushy lifestyle end of.

Indeed, 20% reduction in benefits across the board. I've said it befor, that should see a Southern migration of undesirables

before we hand out passports!

HOLA445

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/2008/06/map_of_the_week_public_spendin.html

We will put the boundary around the south East, London and East as depicted here. The regions wouldn't last a year when the methodone is withdrawn.

Not to say additional taxes to use our South Sea Ports

£1000 a lorry using Dover or Folkstone not registered in our zone? This would make the spiteful subsidy of Scottish students and EU students but not English students look small beer.

As has been pointed out it's about time the Scottish whore made her mind up.

Yes, we don't have any ports in Scotland, none.

We'll hear you squeel when the lorries stop arriving. Or when we turn off the water tap, and the lights.

Your an idiot sir, but thankfully you make it obvious to the general public.

HOLA446

I think the English should be given a vote as to whether the Scots are allowed to stay in the Union. Just imagine the chorus of whinging that would erupt from north of the border if, god forbid, the sassenachs were given a say in all of this.

You can't tell the difference between doing something voluntarily and it being forced upon you?

I'd be all for it myself, I just can't understand why English politicians are so determined to keep us in. Perhaps they know something we don't?

Edit: Apologies for 4 posts in a row, but I came into this late and had to catch up :P

Edited by AThirdWay

HOLA447

To get thousands of people to vote for you, to then feather your own nest (with little or no recourse) and finally have the power to screw over millions of people, I'd say you'd have to be pretty talented to be able to pull that one off!

...if you call that talent ..then that's a reflection on you.... :rolleyes:

HOLA448
HOLA449

Funnily enough, I don't know either! What I do know is that from Callaghan to the present day, Westminster has presided over the decline of Scotland. We now are in the situation you describe (along with Jie Bie and Guitarman001!), and I'd ask two questions.

- Are you happy with the conditions you describe?

- Do you think Westminster will turn Scotland around?

...what about large areas North of Watford....in England...?..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Can't believe this thread is still going...... and I thought HPC was a decent forum. This topic always gets me down. I have no ill will toward any country let alone the one we share a border with.

I agree with ccc about there being a lot of scum up here, hence my usual rants.

Trust me, there's plenty down here too. The grass is no greener!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

...you mean why the English Labour Party are so keen ..?......and we do know the answer to that one...... :rolleyes:

At this moment in time, no, that's not what I mean. I mean why do the Cons seem so keen on keeping the rebellious Scot's in the union?

I know they probably have a stake as far as land ownership goes, but we're not proposing to nick their land. Although......

Enough with the rolleyes btw :rolleyes:

HOLA4414

...you mean why the English Labour Party are so keen ..?......and we do know the answer to that one...... :rolleyes:

Yes them and the Conservative and Unionist Party!

Dear old Gus is on the dole in a week so he has to find a way to get in the news. Big EU fanatic I believe, once you've reached the pinnacle of UK bureaucracy, Brussels will find him a suitable position on the gravy train....coming out with stuff about harmonising taxes across Europe will angratiate him to his employers.

Personally don't agree the Scots will fancy the idea, it will simply mean moving from a British club to a EU club.

HOLA4415

I think the English should be given a vote as to whether the Scots are allowed to stay in the Union. Just imagine the chorus of whinging that would erupt from north of the border if, god forbid, the sassenachs were given a say in all of this.

Sure - and when the UK gets a referendum on leaving the EU then all the rest of the EU should be part of the same vote right? That IS the logic you are proposing ain't it?

See the problem?

HOLA4416

You can't tell the difference between doing something voluntarily and it being forced upon you?

I'd be all for it myself, I just can't understand why English politicians are so determined to keep us in. Perhaps they know something we don't?

Edit: Apologies for 4 posts in a row, but I came into this late and had to catch up :P

Lots of reasons - oil, renewables, cheap cannon fodder, dumping ground for nuclear waste and WMD's...

But lets not forget the unmentioned reasons - it's strategic location controlling huge areas of the North Atlantic and North sea and on top of that - well - will England ever allow another nation on the UK mainland thats not under it's direct control? For hundreds of years Scotland threatened England's ambitions by being able to create it's own alliances with Englands rivals - France for example and raise the prospect of war on two fronts..

England can never be secure if Scotland is free and independent. They will lie (and have for years) to prevent it, but if the people vote then what - claim the vote is non-binding - ignore the result? How far will Westminster go to keep Scotland - armed forces on the streets? Agent provocateurs (we know they do this - even the bloody police are at it with other groups) - false flag terrorist attacks to isolate the nationalists?

It's going to be an interesting ride...

Edited by Krackersdave

HOLA4417

Lots of reasons - oil, renewables, cheap cannon fodder, dumping ground for nuclear waste and WMD's...

But lets not forget the unmentioned reasons - it's strategic location controlling huge areas of the North Atlantic and North sea and on top of that - well - will England ever allow another nation on the UK mainland thats not under it's direct control? For hundreds of years Scotland threatened England's ambitions by being able to create it's own alliances with Englands rivals - France for example and raise the prospect of war on two fronts..

England can never be secure if Scotland is free and independent. They will lie (and have for years) to prevent it, but if the people vote then what - claim the vote is non-binding - ignore the result? How far will Westminster go to keep Scotland - armed forces on the streets? Agent provocateurs (we know they do this - even the bloody police are at it with other groups) - false flag terrorist attacks to isolate the nationalists?

It's going to be an interesting ride...

The British state would do such things?! I'd never believe it. LOL!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Let's not forget prescription charges... ;):P

Speaking for all Englishmen everywhere I can assure you that we are mightily fed up of being treated as a cash cow by the ungrateful Scots and Welsh, and of having Scottish MPs governing England without reciprocity.

You've not even looked at the facts in this have you? Just read the mail and responded as programmed.

HOLA4421

You've not even looked at the facts in this have you? Just read the mail and responded as programmed.

Lets ask an expert....

Professor Andrew Hughes Hallett is a world class economist who divides his time between George Mason University in Virginia and St Andrews.

From 2001 to 2006, he was Professor of Economics at Vanderbilt University (Nashville) and before then at the University of Strathclyde in Scotland. He has been Visiting Professor in Economics at Princeton University, Bundesbank Professor at the Free University of Berlin, and has held visiting positions at the Universities of Warwick, Frankfurt, Rome, Paris X, Cardiff and at the Copenhagen Business School.

PROFESSOR HUGHES HALLET, COULD YOU SUM UP YOUR IMPRESSION OF WHAT THE NEW GERS REPORT TELLS US ABOUT THE SCOTTISH ECONOMY DURING THE DEEPEST PART OF THE GLOBAL RECESSION IN 2009-10?

The things that stand out are that it has been a rough couple of years, but Scotland had weathered the storm better than the UK as a whole. She has a budget deficit for the first time in half a dozen years but it is a smaller deficit than the UK. So the implicit subsidy to the rest of the UK (RUK) is still there.What’s more, this has been happening in a period when oil prices were low. This is of course a backwards looking exercise (up to April 2010). Those low prices were reversed a year ago, so the implicit subsidy will have increased markedly since then.

Note: all my remarks take the revenues/spending actually raised in Scotland, as opposed to those allocated to Scotland by the accounts (which are often quite different). You will appreciate the significance of that difference.

Wow - so Scotland subsidises the rest of the UK... well well - who'da thunk it eh?

The TRUTH is that without the next 30 years of oil revenue income ENGLAND IS ******ED WELL BEYOND THE STATE OF ICELAND...

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I think the English should be given a vote as to whether the Scots are allowed to stay in the Union.

I think the French and the Germans and the Belgians and ..... should be given a vote as to whether the Brits are allowed to stay in the Union.

Merry Xmas ;)