House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Ad

HOLA441
HOLA442

What is it about banking ads? Whether it`s the latest Halifax "choir" ad, or Nationwide`s "isa, isa baby" ad or Stephen Merchants grating and overdone Bristolian accent for Barclays. They all make me act irrationally, desperately looking for the remote.

Maybe because in one way or another you're paying for them.

HOLA443

I would definitely agree that Halifax ads are among the most annoying. Do they just have an advertising budget they have to spend on "something"? It seems that way. Surely there can't be a huge uptake based on a a load of odd-looking people singing, badly? Maybe that Howard bloks is in charge of quality control these days.

Saying that though, the high-pitched singing / noise / not sure what that the Lloyds ads have been using for what seems like ages are something else again though. Presume this is aimed at the previously untapped cannine market?

But yes....effectively paying for this, whilst the retail banks are acting the way they are does smart

HOLA444

Saying that though, the high-pitched singing / noise / not sure what that the Lloyds ads have been using for what seems like ages are something else again though. Presume this is aimed at the previously untapped cannine market?

Now you mention it...! Agreed.

HOLA445

Linking songs or music to banking is totally wrong. I have many fond memories associated with some songs.. now they try to destroy my good memories by linking them to some products or services...

It gets even worse when they use classical music or jazz... Turning meaningful into meaningless...

That's why I avoid TV.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Its sickening. Theyre theiving bastards. I can deal with that. But telling me 'we care, we're there for you'

Absolutely disgusting.

It makes me want to actually go out and burn down their stupid taxpayer funded boiler rooms.

Its like something from a comedy film. Reminds me of Bill Murray in Kingpin. Except Bill Murray is funny. Coke snorting banksters are not.

7.45 in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HLIJsqt0I0&feature=related

HOLA449

Linking songs or music to banking is totally wrong. I have many fond memories associated with some songs.. now they try to destroy my good memories by linking them to some products or services...

The current crop are annoying, but here's an old school bank advert (with memorable song) that still makes me smile!

"It's not all work work work" :)

Edited by scottbeard

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Totally agree - the most irritating of adverts, thinking their "kookiness" and "catchy tunes" will make banking "fun" ... c*nts. Should concentrate on how much money they've required to be bailed out and what charges they give to us.

Torch them.