House Price Crash Forum

RIOTS THREAD MERGED

geezer466

HOLA441
Guest tbatst2000

It's almost as if the Government takes political dissent far more seriously than crime, wouldn't you say?

The police certainly do. I blame that b*stard Ian Blair, the sight of him campaigning along NuLab ministers was just appalling.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

The Police are standing back, in my opinion, because they* want it to get bad.

I was wondering about that. They really seem to want the damage to be large as possible which would give the government a great excuse to remove a few more of our liberties.

On the other hand they might also simply be overwhelmed.

HOLA444
Guest tbatst2000

...no ..no ...the liberal softies who run this country told the Police not to kettle any more...it's nasty ...and rioters have human rights.... :rolleyes:

Did they? Either way though, there's no way kettling would work on this lot, they'd break out in seconds (and give the cops a good kicking into the bargain). Kettling only works on people who, basically, accept the police's authority and don't fight back much, if at all.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I was wondering about that. They really seem to want the damage to be large as possible which would give the government a great excuse to remove a few more of our liberties.

I have a feeling it might be the latter.

We'll see if tomorrow the Army get called in.

HOLA447
Guest tbatst2000

Possible. They're probably also thinking that since the nasty Tories have told them to cut costs they'd quite like their NuLab friends back in power. It was them after all that never denied the police anything they asked for. Fat lot of good it did mind!

HOLA448

Truth is we dont yet know, but we should be vigilant for evidence to analyse their actions in retrospect.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

This is the second time you write this. I thought you were joking the first time.

Why do you say this?

Most of the rioters are not from the areas they are trashing. The police are standing back.

Emergency measures will be introduced.

Problem

Reaction

Solution

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest tbatst2000

This is the second time you write this. I thought you were joking the first time.

Why do you say this?

Because he's living in a bizarre fantasy world where it's more likely that some shady organisation could, in some implausible fashion, arrange for a bunch of people who can barely tie their own shoelaces to riot simultaneously across thet country than that we just have a vaguely useless police force more interested in stopping and search potential terrorists in business suits at King's Cross (e.g. me) than tackling actual, real, hard-**** thugs.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Did they? Either way though, there's no way kettling would work on this lot, they'd break out in seconds (and give the cops a good kicking into the bargain). Kettling only works on people who, basically, accept the police's authority and don't fight back much, if at all.

...not so sure...as long as the police didn't hold back on using their long truncheons in the right way and then the rioters would be hemmed (kettled) in for hours ...but at least the current way they are getting conviction by CCTV....not so good for the public property....and possibly public lives if anybody gets caught up in the fires....then it would be murder by arson ...and groups not individuals would be convicted ..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Quite, the BNP are going to win alot of seats at the next election. Mores the pity.

What is more people will get organised tomorrow for the next night. I predict serious violence between the blacks and the browns. The browns hate the blacks and will have no compunction defending their shops and home very strongly.

I live in an area with both, I am not making this up, its going to get really really bloody soon.

FFS can you at least try to contain your racist inclinations?

You could perhaps dig a tiny bit and try to identify the cultural tendencies that might encourage such behaviour. The view that skin colour determines behaviour is simplistic at best, more likely primitive.

For your info the only excuse I've heard from one of the looters was 'we're getting our taxes back'. I have no doubt that the young twats dong the looting never paid taxes in their lives but their excuse is certainly very much in line with the majority of moans on hpc. Despite the skin colour difference! How can that be? Come on now, try to be civilised.

HOLA4423

...no ..no ...the liberal softies who run this country told the Police not to kettle any more...it's nasty ...and rioters have human rights.... :rolleyes:

It's true that the decision would be taken by the Home Secretary - it was Jacqui Smith who decided to make it unpleasant for the G20 protestors. Nothing soft or liberal about that.

We are noting the police response, but the fire service hasn't been able to operate effectively either.

HOLA4424

Theresa May: We can cut police budget without risking violent unrest

15 September 2010

Home secretary calls for rational debate over spending cuts and rejects police prediction of a 'Christmas for criminals'

The home secretary, Theresa May, has dismissed fears that deep spending cuts could undermine the ability of the police to tackle possible civil unrest, and insisted the British did not respond to austerity by rioting on the streets.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/15/theresa-may-cut-police-budget-without-violent-unrest

HOLA4425