House Price Crash Forum

No Offers

HOLA441
HOLA442

House in Station road; No Offers. So i emailed the EA;" that property in Station Road,i don't want to make an Offer,what happens next?"

BS

got to love the posturing that this one always brings to mind. Its like they are ordering you - oi, don't you dare make an offer. How dare you offer me money for this thing I don't want any more.

It's up there with "offers in excesss of". The first person who thought of these sort of phrases probably had some talent but they just get copied by everyone and become meaningless. Unless you are a sheep.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

"NO OFFERS"

So what?

According to my little friend Property Bee, the asking price has already been dropped twice.

Sounds more like a sign of desperation - "we've dropped the price again, but this time, it's absolutely 100% the last time, we're not going to take off a penny more!*"

*until August.

HOLA446
HOLA447

On the same page though is a very attractive proposition:

"A ground floor, warden assisted retirement apartment in this highly regarded development in Hillside Gardens, offering self-contained living accommodation consisting of reception room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom and further benefitting from guest suites, residents lunge, laundry room, hair sal..."

Do they? Jesus. Interesting in a George Romero sort of way.

HOLA448

According to my little friend Property Bee, the asking price has already been dropped twice.

Sounds more like a sign of desperation - "we've dropped the price again, but this time, it's absolutely 100% the last time, we're not going to take off a penny more!*"

Or they can't.

HOLA449

Looking at that link I realised that I had not checked out RightMove for prices in my area for ages.

I put in the post code where I sold the last house I "owned" with no higher or lower price and a one mile radius.

I got 6 properties returned. When I used the same search criteria a couple of years ago I was getting 6 pages.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Call me Mr Dummy, but I assume "No Offers" means no offers below the asking - ie its a variant on the beautifully delusional "Offers in Excess of" like everyone is going to be waving their hands in the air for the opportunity to spunk 180k on your shite 3 bed semi in the Midlands. I take it they are not actually openly admitting they haven't had any offers, or they are not simply saying "Look at my wonderful house - want to buy it? Well, you can't! Ner ner ner ner ner! *raspberry*"

Am I right?

HOLA4412

I take it they are not actually openly admitting they haven't had any offers, or they are not simply saying "Look at my wonderful house - want to buy it? Well, you can't! Ner ner ner ner ner! *raspberry*"

Both of those statements are actually quite accurate about the mindset of most vendors at the moment.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Looking at that link I realised that I had not checked out RightMove for prices in my area for ages.

I put in the post code where I sold the last house I "owned" with no higher or lower price and a one mile radius.

I got 6 properties returned. When I used the same search criteria a couple of years ago I was getting 6 pages.

That is odd.

What area was that? Just the first part of that post code?

HOLA4415

House in Station road; No Offers. So i emailed the EA;" that property in Station Road,i don't want to make an Offer,what happens next?"

BS

don't you think that a link to the actual house (or postcode) would have been better.

setting the filter to "last 24 hours" means that your house won't be displayed tomorrow, um that is today

tim