House Price Crash Forum

I've Seen The Future Of Compact Living Standards

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

We should count ourselves lucky no developers have yet thought to bring this sort of design to the UK, they could halve the size of our city centre executive, young professional slaveboxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak&feature=player_embedded

I disagree. The problem with our developers is that they are just shrinking room sizes without employing any thought to maximise space. Modern design should be able to make better use of small space. I despair that developers keep chucking up 3 bed houses with conventional kitchen, dinning room, sitting room, downstairs WC all squashed into a tiny space. Far better to think about the layout more and give us bigger more adaptable rooms.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I disagree. The problem with our developers is that they are just shrinking room sizes without employing any thought to maximise space. Modern design should be able to make better use of small space. I despair that developers keep chucking up 3 bed houses with conventional kitchen, dinning room, sitting room, downstairs WC all squashed into a tiny space. Far better to think about the layout more and give us bigger more adaptable rooms.

Yup, put the loo in the middle of the lounge so no more tedious walking out of the room when the footie's on..

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Looks like Dr Who is trolling again.

HOLA4413

We should count ourselves lucky no developers have yet thought to bring this sort of design to the UK, they could halve the size of our city centre executive, young professional slaveboxes.

I quite like it - if I was working away from the family and back at home for the weekends and the rent was sufficiently cheep enough to offset traveling costs and all other associated costs I would be interested.

As for the cube - that looks more like a hole.

HOLA4414

Since when do new houses have dinning rooms? I thought they all had breakfast bars or kitchen dinners.

HOLA4415

The future is going to be like Japanese capsule hotels I reckon. A caveat being that neural human nerve to computer interfaces are widespread. People will go home lie in their capsule and jack into their VR house sort of Matrix like whereby they can't tell the difference.

It pretty much happens today on a more limited scale. For instance while I browse online I don't really look at what is around me. Many people play world of war craft or star craft obsessively and they are not really there they are inside the VR world. Koreans have netcafes whereby they pretty much live there and let their children starve as they live their virtual lives.

Thus housing needs and BTL speak of they gotta live somewhere in a house is going to be in for a shock. Hell we could live like Eastern Europeans do, lie on the quadruple stacked bunk bed, jack into your VR universe and your physical surroundings don't matter.

HOLA4416

The future is going to be like Japanese capsule hotels I reckon. A caveat being that neural human nerve to computer interfaces are widespread. People will go home lie in their capsule and jack into their VR house sort of Matrix like whereby they can't tell the difference.

It pretty much happens today on a more limited scale. For instance while I browse online I don't really look at what is around me. Many people play world of war craft or star craft obsessively and they are not really there they are inside the VR world. Koreans have netcafes whereby they pretty much live there and let their children starve as they live their virtual lives.

Thus housing needs and BTL speak of they gotta live somewhere in a house is going to be in for a shock. Hell we could live like Eastern Europeans do, lie on the quadruple stacked bunk bed, jack into your VR universe and your physical surroundings don't matter.

How do you do virtual sex? I'd like to know, it would save a whole lot of time and trouble.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419