OnionTerror

HOLA441
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

both absolue classics and changed the face of music.

How about this from 1979, 31 years ago - seems new to me though... :huh:

I was actually listening to Tubeway Army's "Replicas" on Spotify earlier this morning.. Unbelieveably "Fade to Grey" was released nearly 30 years ago. You could release it tomorrow, and it wouldn't seem out of place. Most of today's throwaway pop will be forgotton in twenty years time. There's virtually no redeaming feature to it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1323788/X-FACTOR-2010-Rigged-grotesque-puppet-doomed.html as this chap says, Shite factor is on its last legs...it can take celebrity culture with it... Strangely, I want to see this "austerity" hit hard - it should be a catalyst for some really great music...

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I was actually listening to Tubeway Army's "Replicas" on Spotify earlier this morning.. Unbelieveably "Fade to Grey" was released nearly 30 years ago. You could release it tomorrow, and it wouldn't seem out of place. Most of today's throwaway pop will be forgotton in twenty years time. There's virtually no redeaming feature to it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1323788/X-FACTOR-2010-Rigged-grotesque-puppet-doomed.html as this chap says, Shite factor is on its last legs...it can take celebrity culture with it... Strangely, I want to see this "austerity" hit hard - it should be a catalyst for some really great music...

Saw him twice live, always put on a good show.

80's was the decade of some great bass players and all sorts - check out the vocal range..... mad!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413

just found this thread languishing... my penn'orth

Mersey Paradise - Stone Roses

Summer Fun - Barracudas

Seven Seas - Echo & the Bunnymen

Queen Bitch - Bowie

Time to Pretend - MGMT

Savoy Truffle - Beatles

New York New York - Ryan Adams

Crash - Primitives

Waterloo Sunset - Kinks

Video Killed the Radio Star - Buggles

the last one is amazing from an arrangement point of view, each verse, chorus etc gradually reveals by degrees through the song. pop the bridge in around the 'golden mean', and the job's a good un. a masterpiece of songwriting.

ironically, i can't remember the video...

HOLA4414

just found this thread languishing... my penn'orth

Mersey Paradise - Stone Roses

Summer Fun - Barracudas

Seven Seas - Echo & the Bunnymen

Queen Bitch - Bowie

Time to Pretend - MGMT

Savoy Truffle - Beatles

New York New York - Ryan Adams

Crash - Primitives

Waterloo Sunset - Kinks

Video Killed the Radio Star - Buggles

the last one is amazing from an arrangement point of view, each verse, chorus etc gradually reveals by degrees through the song. pop the bridge in around the 'golden mean', and the job's a good un. a masterpiece of songwriting.

ironically, i can't remember the video...

Buggles reminded me of Devo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwpbm_q3LA

Eno worked with them. I believe that they were heavily influenced by Kraftwerk..

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

:)

Howdy Chaz,

I love this lesser known cover of Stevie Wonders classic by Ike & Tina

Thanks Space Ship! I really like that cover. I've only recently started listening to Ike and Tina's tunes and can't stop playing this one.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived