House Price Crash Forum

Public Sector Unions Need To Change The Record

bogbrush

HOLA441

I see the Police Federation is shouting about how 40,000 jobs will go because of cuts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11261739

I guess this is done in expectation that we'll all run around demanding that they are safeguarded. It's amazing how deluded people can get when they are insulated from reality.

I doubt these organisations have any true sense that there's a completely different perspective in place with most people. Until they get a grip and realise that this is the World some of us have lived in for more than a decade - that finding ways to do more for less cost is normal - they are going to fail.

I will extend a warm welcome to the club though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I see the Police Federation is shouting about how 40,000 jobs will go because of cuts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11261739

I guess this is done in expectation that we'll all run around demanding that they are safeguarded. It's amazing how deluded people can get when they are insulated from reality.

I doubt these organisations have any true sense that there's a completely different perspective in place with most people. Until they get a grip and realise that this is the World some of us have lived in for more than a decade - that finding ways to do more for less cost is normal - they are going to fail.

I will extend a warm welcome to the club though.

I'm affraid most of the public do care, you are totally and wrong. We haven't seen the cuts yet and once they hit you will see the public backlash, its a matter of time. The unions involved will go to war on the government and the coalition will fail.

People in this country are all very I'm all right jack, but when its their job or their services they complain like hell, especially when taxes are rising and the cost of living is at rocket speed.

HOLA444

I'm affraid most of the public do care, you are totally and wrong. We haven't seen the cuts yet and once they hit you will see the public backlash, its a matter of time. The unions involved will go to war on the government and the coalition will fail.

People in this country are all very I'm all right jack, but when its their job or their services they complain like hell, especially when taxes are rising and the cost of living is at rocket speed.

You're kidding yourself. When it's their job, sure, but when it's not they just thank God and get on with it. As for services, who would notice much of it going?

And everyone knows the public sector is taking the p1ss, so I can envision zero interest in their need for higher pay and high pensions when everyone else it doing what it takes.

So there'll be fewer police? Guess they'll have to stop doing paperwork then. Bummer.

HOLA445

+1

Right or wrong, all most people will see is years under labour with a high standard of living and years under condem with a low standard of living.

HOLA446

So you think the public are so dumb they'll fight the government all the way on these cuts and then "complain like hell" when their tax bill increases?

Actually, don't answer that.

Edited by Chef

HOLA447

+1

Right or wrong, all most people will see is years under labour with a high standard of living and years under condem with a low standard of living.

It is a sad day when people alive now want to spend thier childrens and grandchildrens future taxes to have an unaffordable high standard of living.

For these future taxpayers there will be no universal benefits, just misery. All thanks to Labour.

HOLA448

+1

except the under 35s with private sector jobs, that and the over-50s (most of them) who remember how this always happens due to a labour govt

basically people with more than 2 braincells will see thru this

Edited by Si1

HOLA449

It is a sad day when people alive now want to spend thier childrens and grandchildrens future taxes to have an unaffordable high standard of living.

For these future taxpayers there will be no universal benefits, just misery. All thanks to Labour.

hmmmm, not really just down to Labour. Any government would have ridden the boom. Don't kid yourselves otherwise.

They are pretty much all as bad as each other in this respect.

On another note - its nice to see the policy of turning the proles on each other is working out well.

HOLA4410

+1

HOLA4411

except the under 35s with private sector jobs, that and the over-50s (most of them) who remember how this always happens due to a labour govt

basically people with more than 2 braincells will see thru this

Well, there are different kinds of intelligence. Its unfair to say that someone with no political undertanding is stupid. They may have other abilities far greater than yours.

I think there will be a lot of young people, just starting work who will end up with bitter memories of the condem government. They will remember leaving school / uni, not being able to get a job, little benefits and a condem government.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking HPC represents public opinion. I'm not saying its neccessarily wrong, but its not the view of the majority.

HOLA4412

hmmmm, not really just down to Labour. Any government would have ridden the boom. Don't kid yourselves otherwise.

On another note - its nice to see the policy of turning the proles on each other is working out well.

The tories killed the last one with interst rates commensurate with the market pressure on sterling and inflation, a shit at the time but the economy recovered.

This time it won't because of the cretins at the central bank. We'll keep on exporting jobs, importing cheap labour whilst the real problem is not tackled directly - although in the end it will be fixed by total collapse.

Edited by OnlyMe

HOLA4413

The tories killed the last one with interst rates commensurate with the market pressure on sterling and inflation, a shit at the time but the economy recovered.

This time it won't because of the cretins at the central bank. We'll keep on exporting jobs, importing cheap labour whilst the real problem is not tackled directly - although in the end it will be fixed by total collapse.

Well, I'll lay my cards on the table and tell you I'm too young to remember that.

Having said that, I don't believe for a minute the Torys wouldn't have wanted a slice of that boom!

HOLA4414

Well, there are different kinds of intelligence. Its unfair to say that someone with no political undertanding is stupid. They may have other abilities far greater than yours.

I think there will be a lot of young people, just starting work who will end up with bitter memories of the condem government. They will remember leaving school / uni, not being able to get a job, little benefits and a condem government.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking HPC represents public opinion. I'm not saying its neccessarily wrong, but its not the view of the majority.

fair point - see how strong the economy is in 4 years time, and additionally realise how grateful they might be for being able to afford a house

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

You're kidding yourself. When it's their job, sure, but when it's not they just thank God and get on with it.

I am seeing this now people going about their jobs as if there is nothing wrong. When it suddenly hits them personally the trauma will knock them off balance. In the 70s 80s and 90s many thought their jobs were safe but did not reckon that companies going under would affect the company they worked for. This time it will be much worse and the protests will be deafening. I prepared for today 5 years ago and will escape the carnage for some working and retired people to come. Put grilles on your windows fit steel doors both back and front of your home and wait until it passes over. :(

When they no longer can afford their mobile phones deep depression will they suffer. :D

HOLA4417

fair point - see how strong the economy is in 4 years time, and additionally realise how grateful they might be for being able to afford a house

We shall see.

I really worry for the kids just leaving school.

The 15-16 year olds I teach have the most enormous sense of self entitlement. They've never had to work for anything and always had everything. Most have been given no responsibility at any point in there lives. If they don't succeed at GCSE, it will be my head on the block, not there's.

Once they leave school they will be entering arguably the most difficult economic climate in living memory. They've got no chance.

Seriously, its like watching a train crash in slow motion.

sorry - going a bit off topic

HOLA4418

Well, I'll lay my cards on the table and tell you I'm too young to remember that.

Having said that, I don't believe for a minute the Torys wouldn't have wanted a slice of that boom!

Seems a little presuptuous considering the Tories left Labour a gift of an economy and after 13 years they've been handed back a total wreck.

The only time Brown managed to run a surplus was while he stuck to Tory spending plans (Ken Clarke's I believe), when it came to New Labour spending plans...well we know what happened.

Yes the Tories would have inflated the bubble but they may have held back the reigns on public spending so that we had a few more options when the whole thing collapsed. Instead we've had to resort to funny money and ZIRP, which is definately not the Tory way.

HOLA4419

The shrill voices are clamouring loudly.

There are two simple facts: we have run out of money and there are not enough jobs for everyone after the gluttony.

One solution might be to share out the jobs we have, but to do that would mean living standards (especially the cost of housing must fall) and fiefdoms in taxpayer funded areas must be dismantled. Otherwise we continue to be in the merde.

An aside, today I got a newsletter from the soon to be defunct quango, the North West Development Agency, talking about the transition, but actually blaming not the 'Government', but the 'Coalition' Government. I thought it was a superfluous, politically loaded statement.

Those that grazed on the harvest provided by those not yet earning or even born, really have no idea.

It's about the maths. The numbers don't add up and haven't for years.

HOLA4420

The shrill voices are clamouring loudly.

There are two simple facts: we have run out of money and there are not enough jobs for everyone after the gluttony.

One solution might be to share out the jobs we have, but to do that would mean living standards (especially the cost of housing must fall) and fiefdoms in taxpayer funded areas must be dismantled. Otherwise we continue to be in the merde.

An aside, today I got a newsletter from the soon to be defunct quango, the North West Development Agency, talking about the transition, but actually blaming not the 'Government', but the 'Coalition' Government. I thought it was a superfluous, politically loaded statement.

Those that grazed on the harvest provided by those not yet earning or even born, really have no idea.

It's about the maths. The numbers don't add up and haven't for years.

I have to agree.

Its interesting how the common solution is to work to an older age.

As I see it, each pensioner working is one less youngster working, given future a lack of jobs.

HOLA4421

It is 100% down to labour. That fool Brown was borrowing 40 billion a year every year since 2001 eventhough the economy was meant to be booming.

HOLA4422

We shall see.

The 15-16 year olds I teach have the most enormous sense of self entitlement. They've never had to work for anything and always had everything. Most have been given no responsibility at any point in there lives. If they don't succeed at GCSE, it will be my head on the block, not there's.

Once they leave school they will be entering arguably the most difficult economic climate in living memory. They've got no chance.

sh*t - fair play

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

We shall see.

So why do you support the stupid labour governemnt that sold them the lie?

At least the condems will let them know that there is a real world out there not just "celebrity culture."

HOLA4425