House Price Crash Forum

The Ultimate In Sabotage

oracle

HOLA441

It dawned upon me that people are always curious how many houses are for sale/sold in their area.

now WHAT IF,someone was to fly-plant FOR SALE boards at known BTL hotspots.

The effect would surely be to visually convince people that there was panic selling going on(even if they boards are phoney),and may persuade a few people to drop their prices in the belief that the crash was happening NOW.

It would also be interesting to listen to the EA's try to explain it away as pranksters,because the excuse itself just seems totally lame and at worst sounds like complete bullsh1t anyway!!!

where would one obtain the said FOR SALE boards,and would anyone be brave enough to do it(don't tell me if you actually do because I know it's illegal!!!!)

HOLA442
HOLA443

It would probably work against you as the local press (editor is probably a BTL owner!) would be informed by the BTL owners. I wonder what the headline would be.

You might even get your picture in the paper if you got caught.

How sad.

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
This could be very, very funny indeed. Make up some spoof estate agents' names as well, list their web sites, link to hpc.co.uk, classic.

Just need some media/design types to produce the flyer...

Oh dear, another plonker....

I reckon the founders of HPC.co.uk would get very upset if you created a link to such immature activities. This would undermine the credibility of the website.

Grow up.

HOLA447
This could be very, very funny indeed. Make up some spoof estate agents' names as well, list their web sites, link to hpc.co.uk, classic.

Just need some media/design types to produce the flyer...

What about an estate agents called 'Robin B'stard@.

With their motto - We guarantee to ask the highest price possible!

or 'Robin Overprice', 'Robin Price'.

It'll never work - lets just let time take its toll.

HOLA448
It would probably work against you as the local press (editor is probably a BTL owner!) would be informed by the BTL owners. I wonder what the headline would be.

If you've already bought or made the signs oracle, you could always paint slogans on them and organise a demonstration against house prices.

That way you could get the media to work FOR you rather than AGAINST you.

Just a thought...

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
It dawned upon me that people are always curious how many houses are for sale/sold in their area.

The effect would surely be to visually convince people that there was panic selling going on(even if they boards are phoney),and may persuade a few people to drop their prices in the belief that the crash was happening NOW.

It would also be interesting to listen to the EA's try to explain it away as pranksters,because the excuse itself just seems totally lame and at worst sounds like complete bullsh1t anyway!!!

where would one obtain the said FOR SALE boards,and would anyone be brave enough to do it(don't tell me if you actually do because I know it's illegal!!!!)

You carry on, let us know when you're done eh :rolleyes:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Lol well at least one lawyer is watching you now.  And under the law if fraud or other misdemeanor has been commited the forum moderators cannot withhold identity from prosecution. I am sure you were joking ... if not .. be afraid BE VERY AFRAID  :ph34r:

Oh Dear oracle,

It seems you have disturbed the "Thought Police".

I can see them now....picking up their 'civilian neutralising' weapons and dropping all minor investigations into things like "Tube Bombings", "Mother Raping" and "Tax Avoidance", to hunt you down.

As "Apollo" says in such a blood chilling tone......" be afraid BE VERY AFRAID "

It seems a poor sense of humour, can severely shorten your life expectancy in your parts...... or in fact, any sense of humour :):):)

Rather than risk the ire of the "Authorities"....... how I love that expression :):):) Lets see if we can simplify ( For 'Apollo's benefit ), the EA 'windup'........

First you phone your local EA, inquire about a property, and offer them 10% less than the asking price. The poor sad rented 'beemer' driver, who's a 'wannabe' EA, says....."I couldn't possibly put that offer to my client"

With that you leave your phone number, and say "If they change their mind, give me a call".

A week later, you have a friend call the same EA about the same house, and offer 10% less than your original offer. Again leaving full contact details.

With only a circle of four or five friends in this little scam. You can imagine the effect on both the EA and the Vendor.

Best of all.... you don't have to worry about Apollo, the 'Thought Police' or the law. And who knows, at the end of the day, you might have a real cheap property to go with your 'good laugh' :):):)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
First you phone your local EA, inquire about a property, and offer them 10% less than the asking price. The poor sad rented 'beemer' driver, who's a 'wannabe' EA, says....."I couldn't possibly put that offer to my client"

With that you leave your phone number, and say "If they change their mind, give me a call".

A week later, you have a friend call the same EA about the same house, and offer 10% less than your original offer. Again leaving full contact details.

With only a circle of four or five friends in this little scam. You can imagine the effect on both the EA and the Vendor.

I would imagine an offer of 10% below the asking price would be taken a little more seriously than you think, Hino98. Especially these days.

Haven't you heard of bartering? No one pays the asking price unless they are desperate.

As for your second offer of 'a week later' I am sure that the vendor will ignore it. Prices are falling (and so they should !) but they aren't falling at 10% a week Hino98.

Subsequent offers of another -10% on following weeks from you and your friends will have the following effect on the EA and vendor:

They will think you and your mates are a bunch of muppets.

I'm not part of the 'thought police' but I'm thinking of joining the 'muppet police'

My arrest rates would be really good on HPC.

The poor sad rented 'beemer' driver, who's a 'wannabe' EA

how many of these apply to you Hino98?

poor, sad, rented, 'wannabe'

(be honest...)