House Price Crash Forum

So I'm Going To Be A Father

IWantItNow

HOLA441

Yep it's confirmed...my boys can swim and in a little under 7 months I'll be a dad.

I have a plan, if it's a girl she will be the next British Wimbledon champ (let's face it, no Brit will win it in the next 18 years). If it's a boy (second choice) then he will do something in medicine. I started my pension late and need some income later in life.

Now there are a few things I'd like not to change. I've ordered them by importance, what will I be able to keep?

8 Hours sleep a night

6+ hour sessions on Call of Duty

4 Gym sessions a week

A clean car

Spare cash

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest X-QUORK

Yep it's confirmed...my boys can swim and in a little under 7 months I'll be a dad.

I have a plan, if it's a girl she will be the next British Wimbledon champ (let's face it, no Brit will win it in the next 18 years). If it's a boy (second choice) then he will do something in medicine. I started my pension late and need some income later in life.

Now there are a few things I'd like not to change. I've ordered them by importance, what will I be able to keep?

8 Hours sleep a night

4 Gym sessions a week

A clean car

Spare cash

Congratulations sir!

You should be able to keep the clean car and possibly the gym sessions. Wave goodbye to the rest. ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444

8 Hours sleep a night

4 Gym sessions a week

A clean car

Spare cash

none of the above for the first year at least!

all worth it tho imo, absolutely with out doubt the best thing that ever happened to me

congrats!

*edit* to add the "imo"!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

none of the above for the first year at least!

all worth it tho, absolutely with out doubt the best thing that ever happened to me

congrats!

I hear that a lot so obviously I'm pumped for the future. I've reached the point in life where I need a new challenge....an 18 year one seems ideal. I mean that in a good way.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest theboltonfury

8 Hours sleep a night

4 Gym sessions a week

A clean car

Spare cash

Absolutely forget the first 2. You've honestly got zero chance

the gym - no reason to change the frequency, just the times you go.

Clean car - not likely

Spare cash. Ignore all the scaremongers. Because your social life is effectively over, you'll save loads.

HOLA4410

8 Hours sleep a night

4 Gym sessions a week

A clean car

Spare cash

The Gym. At lunchtime.

The cash depends on mum - if she is greatly concerned by appearances then baby will be very expensive, if she sensibly realises that babies are not snobs then baby will not eat all your cash.

Bye-bye to the rest, and quite a lot of other stuff. But worth it.

HOLA4411

The Gym. At lunchtime.

The cash depends on mum - if she is greatly concerned by appearances then baby will be very expensive, if she sensibly realises that babies are not snobs then baby will not eat all your cash.

Bye-bye to the rest, and quite a lot of other stuff. But worth it.

My missus is awesome in that respect. Primani girl. I was the spender (I've rained it in but holding off on the iPad is driving me mad ;)).

HOLA4412

8 Hours sleep a night

4 Gym sessions a week

A clean car

Spare cash

Me too, my wife is about a month ahead of your wife/girlfriend though. So probably sometime in January.

HOLA4413
Guest Noodle

8 Hours sleep a night

4 Gym sessions a week

A clean car

Spare cash

Don't ever expect to afford your own shoes again. :angry:

Oh and congratulations by the way. This is wonderful news.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Me too, my wife is about a month ahead of your wife/girlfriend though. So probably sometime in January.

Your first?

I'm not sure about multiples...I don't really buy the only child = disadvantaged thing but what would I know? I have 4 siblings.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

So I'm Going To Be A Father - What's that like?

Not the best person to ask, but a little advice never-the-less : in order to stay positive avoid reading news stories starting with the word "Parents" and ending with "Money Troubles".

Other than that, congrats!

HOLA4421
Guest Noodle

Cheers Noodle. I'm big on Converse at the moment, £30 which aint bad...or am I still dreaming there?

Well, I've been ordering a few things for delivery in Blighty should I ever actually get on a plane. Asda have these nice tan leather lace up shoes now £11 a pair. I'd really like two pairs . . . still not ordered.

The dear wife just had another. Last Sunday was a new push chair 1000 baht, 144# pampers 1200 baht, 16 boxes of formula 2200 baht, clothes 800 baht . . .

Need to pre-pay school fees for the next 3 years for other one, now 6. 30,000 baht.

Then there's holidays and clothes and bicycles and toys and tanker loads of milk . . . .

No new Guzzi for me!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Not the best person to ask, but a little advice never-the-less : in order to stay positive avoid reading news stories starting with the word "Parents" and ending with "Money Troubles".

I don't let things like that get to me so it's all good. If it all went to sh|t with money I'd just take off to NZ and start over (with gf and nipper of course), life's too short.

HOLA4424

And don't worry I'll keep my nipper and chest of cash away from foxes ;)

HOLA4425

Last Sunday was a new push chair 1000 baht, 144# pampers 1200 baht, 16 boxes of formula 2200 baht, clothes 800 baht . . .

Need to pre-pay school fees for the next 3 years for other one, now 6. 30,000 baht.

:blink:

I think I need to move my family to Thailand! I paid 15000 THB for the effing pushchair, and in Switzerland it would have been more than twice that!

Archived