House Price Crash Forum

I Hate Summer

Bossybabe

HOLA441

Pottering around happily in the house this afternoon after getting up late following a late shift. Taking it easy as starting a 12 hour day at 0700 tomorrow. Washing is flapping happily in the breeze outside.

Craaash...down to earth. 3 neighbours have just flashed up barbecues. Final straw: one of them is cooking sardines, stinking of the fish market leavings in any fishing port in the Med.

Windows and doors are open here , so my house was instantly smokelogged.

Does anyone have a gun? I now understand why people go berserk.:huh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Pottering around happily in the house this afternoon after getting up late following a late shift. Taking it easy as starting a 12 hour day at 0700 tomorrow. Washing is flapping happily in the breeze outside.

Craaash...down to earth. 3 neighbours have just flashed up barbecues. Final straw: one of them is cooking sardines, stinking of the fish market leavings in any fishing port in the Med.

Windows and doors are open here , so my house was instantly smokelogged.

Does anyone have a gun? I now understand why people go berserk.:huh:

I hate BBQ's too. The smell of the fuel alone makes me sick. I've even seen loonies light them on balcony's of London flats.

HOLA443

I hate BBQ's too. The smell of the fuel alone makes me sick. I've even seen loonies light them on balcony's of London flats.

I really don't understand the attraction of cooking on dirty, smelly charcoal, using noxious and flammable accelerants, risking food poisoning with undercooked food, and all when you have a £20K designer kitchen indoors.

HOLA444

I really don't understand the attraction of cooking on dirty, smelly charcoal, using noxious and flammable accelerants, risking food poisoning with undercooked food, and all when you have a £20K designer kitchen indoors.

They like the weather I guess. To be fair we rarely see clear days in the UK...

HOLA445

They like the weather I guess. To be fair we rarely see clear days in the UK...

Yes, weather is lovely, but do they need to poison their neighbours and families to enjoy it? I will now have to go to work tomorrow with my uniform reeking of smoky fish!!!!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I hate British summers because the heat is always fleeting. You feel you must be outside making the most of it. Its almost like a house buying MUST GO OUT NOW OR ILL MISS THE SUNSHINE BOAT. At least in most the rest of the world you know chances are itll be hot and sunny the next day if you decide to stay indoors today.

HOLA4410
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

It is for precisely this reason that we are moving to Australia.

There, it is almost impossible to upset the neighbours with a barbecue because the average garden size is 10 acres.

You could consider purchasing a tumble dryer, or, if too poor, open the washing machine door and blow the hot air from the top of the flame of a rat's tallow candle over your wet clothes to help them dry.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Someone who smokes fish for a living for instance?

Or a chap who likes to fill his pipe with smoked haddock to avoid the expense of tobacco.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

totally with you on the BBQs. Am sitting here now with the smell of competing BBQs wafting into the room. 'twen I were young there was none of this BBQ fangled stuff. Which has set me wondering...when did they start to get popular here? Can we blame Aussie soaps and US sitcoms?

HOLA4416

Dare I admit that I love BBQ season?

I love the smell of cooking food. I love the "excuse" it provides to wave hello to the neighbours; I've even benefited from "hand-me-downs", wheeling another person's BBQ into our garden to cook our meal on it.

Maybe I'm just too social? :rolleyes:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I love the smell of cooking food. I love the "excuse" it provides to wave hello to the neighbours; I've even benefited from "hand-me-downs", wheeling another person's BBQ into our garden to cook our meal on it.

There is no smell of cooking food, only the smell of zip firelighters.

HOLA4419

I think it's deeper and more primeval than that. Which is why men get so into it.;)

HOLA4420

There is no smell of cooking food, only the smell of zip firelighters.

How many firelighters do you need to get a BBQ going? :blink:

Seeing as so many men measure their manhood by their ability to get a BBQ going, is an inability to get it started with 2 firelighters max a sign of lack of virility? B)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I was going to say that I'll leave the question of why someone's uniform might smell of smoky fish as an exercise for the reader... but, as has become apparent, that doesn't need saying.

App roach this carefully, don't skate over the issue. Mullet over.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

What would you have loser renter losers do instead? Scorch marks on the local park?

I didnt say they rented. Its a stupidity practised by renter or mortgaged alike. Speaking of which, I took a stroll around Londons lovely Barrier Park a few weeks ago and a group of asians had lit a huge BBQ, despite big signs stating that fires and BBQ's should not be started on the grass.

HOLA4425

Archived